Why do some people have cool descriptions under their name?

So does this mean that in possibly a few days you’ll reopen the feature? Or is it forever? I’m just curious.

Oh yeah, if we get the feature later, I call “Killer Mexican Butterfly.” Heheheheh.

Really? Can the SDMB create a thread so large it can’t move it?

There’s a lot of option on this newer version of vBulletin that SDMB will not allow us to use. I participate in another message board run by vB, and the options rock.

More smilies, the ability to choose your title by your name, etc.

But a large portion of the reason the SDMB won’t allow them is the age old story of a few losers ruining it for the rest. And it’s too hard for the admins to impose a fair method for determining who can and can’t use the cool stuff, therefore, no one gets to. Plain and simple.

Ok, this seems as good a place as any to turn myself in. As with Kyla, Frannie, Green Bean, Some Guy, et al, I had no inkling that changing my title was some kind of no-no. And, of course, I can’t change it back myself.

So here I am.

Torque is tweaked? Next thing you’ll tell me will be Twiggy is twee. Or Tweety is Twenty.

Ringo, remember that the first rule of holes is to stop shoveling.

[Chief Wiggum]
No, no! Dig up, stupid!
[/Chief Wiggum]

Hmmm…, it appears that bureaucratic endeavor has caught up with me, and I’ve finally been transformed from “Digger of Deep Holes” back to the pre-Invasion of the Body Snatchers “Member.”

Thanks, mods and/or admins.

I’m not. I’m a right bastard, and so help me god, if you cross me you will regret the day you were ever born. :mad:

Hmm…

Well I like you.

Ohh, Arnie, and we love you for it…

Awwwwww! NOODLES! Aren’t you just so CUTE!!! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just get them to change your username to something like “engorged” or “turgid” and the description under your name looks a lot cooler, har har.

Just, please, don’t use “severed”.

Well, vBulletin does have an option where your user title is based on the amount of posts you have had. There’s also the option to allow people to set their own titles after they’ve posted a certain amount of messages.

This has hit me especially hard because Kyla, who posted above, had “Max Torque’s Secret Lover” as her user title.

(sighs wistfully for what could have been)

How about if UncleBeer changes his title to “Max Torque’s Secret Lover”, since that’s practically a synonym for “Moderator” anyway?

JFTR, and 11 months etween question and answer has got to be close to a record for this board, but this thread was linked to, and I noticed the question still hanging fire…

“Super Moderator” is a specific category with rights under standard vBB software releases – it constitutes a Moderator who has Mod. rights in all forums, not just in the one he or she is specifically assigned as Moderator of. IIRC, all our Mods. are Super Mods. (under this definition; I’ll let you make your own value judgments! ;))

I am just reading as a new member to attempt an understanding of what all this is about. Thanks

Plus, they can fly.

::: waves red kryptonite in Uncle Beer’s direction :::

…sometimes! :wink: