Why Michael Masterson is so "arrogent"

Michael, the fact that you are so astonishingly modest in your personal life is not justification for being arrogant on SDMB. Such behavior doesn’t sound like the any of the guitar playing stock market geniuses I know. Based on the content, spelling and grammar of your posts I would have guessed you were a middle school student several years away from a driver’s license but I’ve could well be wrong.

ta

I just can’t figger out what the hell is wrong with this clown. I’ve seen a couple decent, rather intelligent things by him in GQ, and then there are the voluminous threads of inanity over in MPSIMS. It just doesn’t make any sense to me; in fact, I’m gonna give up trying to figger out where he’s coming from. This is my last post in any thread where MM is either the subject or the OP. You guys can have him, I’m done except for one parting shot dedicated to WallyM7 since this is his surgery week.

PUTZ.

The only reason I am posting to this thread is because of you Uncle. I agree. I think he’s about 14. He makes his story up as he goes. If he has posted anything intelligent it must be from something he’s studying in school. The guy was sent to conventry but seems like some people haven’t gotten the word yet. Other people just let him get under their skin and they lose their control.

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

He’s two guys.

Dad’s 28, and he started the UserName.

His 11-year-old son sneaks in and uses it when Dad’s dead drunk.

OK, maybe I’m not understanding this, but aren’t we supposed to make this brain donor a nonperson? Coventry, right? He posts on MPSIMS an inane question about shoe size and 21 posters respond like Pavlov’s dog.

We’ve all agreed on the troll issue, so let’s quit dissecting his obvious immaturity and lack of a real life, and move on to something else.

…send lawyers, guns, and money…

Warren Zevon

Maybe it’s my blondeness, but I thought that he was given a second chance by Euty to prove that he wasn’t a troll. I have been letting his, IMHO, troll-like threads go unanswered, but I saw no harm in responding to the more mundane ones, like shoe size or favorite car, thinking positive reinforcement might help.

He seems to take great joy in trying to annoy me in the threads that I post, but I am not so thin-skinned that it bothers me. Do I like him? No… He, and his alter-ego Yasmen Runner are annoying, kind of like that pesky mosquito that won’t go away. Does it matter if I like him? No, it doesn’t… anymore than it would if I disliked anyone else here, (or if people disliked me). Liking someone, or their posts is not a prerequisite to being able to post here that I am aware of, and from what I have read from the moderators, it is not enough to have them banned.

So, what are we to do? Are we not to respond to any of his threads? And what about the threads not started by him but display troll-like posts by him? And exactly when is it troll-like, and when is it just stating his opinion? If we have issues with the way he is posting to our threads, are we not supposed to post a topic discussing it with him like we do other SD members?

I think I need this spelled out, for me and for the new additions to the board, as I am sure they are as confused as I. Knowing that we will be getting our share of testosterone driven males inflicting us with their rites of passage into maledom behavior I ask these questions in earnest. Where is the line drawn? and who draws it? Why is the treatment of these individuals special?

I apologize, if in my responses I have not followed the anti-troll rules. I guess I need to learn how to be discriminate.

I take full responsibility for any troll feeding PCW. I can leave well enough alone with garden variety idiocy but this one got to me.

Does anyone need to take full responsibility?

I rarely venture to this area, because I don’t really feel it is constructive for me, and I find the atmosphere here a bit to angry, but I wanted to verbalize what was on my mind.

I come to the board to have a good time, to relax, play, and be silly. I stick to MPSIMS, the area suited for the mundane and pointless and can usually count on someone there making me smile. Lately it seems, it has been developing the air of the pit, and I have to wonder why I am spending so much of my time in MPSIMS when I am not enjoying it.

It’s not the trolls that are annoying to me tho, as they are easily enough ignored. I do however have a hard time ignoring posts that perpetuate discrimination, which is why I asked the above questions. I guess I want a clear idea of what is acceptable behavior so I can decide whether or not I want to stay here as a member. Where are the lines drawn? What is “pushing the bounds of even the relaxed behavior of this board.”

I think Ultress said it best, “no one is making you post to PCW’s threads.” and I feel this goes for each of us. We are not forced to read or post to anyone’s topics or responses. That is our own choice. As annoying as it may be, people have opinions and values that differ from our own. That is what makes the world interesting. Whether we choose to listen, learn, ignore is totally up to us.

I for one will not choose to sit at the back of the bus, I get carsick.

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!