Why the fuc*k can't NATO give Israel the same ultimatum as they gave serbia

or at least a give them a similar ultimatum.

-And perhaps they could, if it comes to war, nuke Njew York.

:mad:

:rolleyes:

What most mystifies ME about the OP is just what is the missing letter signified by the “" between “c” and “k” in "fuck?”

Eve,

I believe it is the seldom used but highly effective “I-am-a-moron-who has-no-business-using-a-computer-and-learned-to-type-from-that-bobbing-chicken” letter.

Quince hasn’t been noted for his orthography – maybe that was a typo?

I hope so.

I’m more intrigued by the extra letter “j” included in his spelling of “New York”. Specifically, I’d like to know if it is a typo or quite deliberate.

Disapproving of what you interpret to be an inconsistency in NATO’s policies regarding Isreal is one thing. Antisemitism is another. I’m trying to figure out where between these two points your OP lies. Why even mention New York?

I don’t want this to become a witch hunt, Quin, so I think you need to clarifiy your position as soon as possible.

I think it signifies “k-a-duc.”

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but IIRC under Articles V and VI of the NATO treaty, Israel and the Middle East are geographically outside the boundaries where NATO has authority to act.

And Alpha normally, I have little truck when people equate criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism, but in this case either “Njew York” is the most inopportune typo in history or QUINCY is a racist little fuck.

Sua

I’d like to think it was a typo. “J” is right next to “N”. But my basic lack of belief in the goodness of people leads me to think it was intentional. The comment, as Alphagene said, just isn’t relevant otherwise.

SuaSponte - you are right about the Nato treaty (SFS geeks of the world unite!)

I wish this was the first time I’d heard the expression “Njew York”, but unfortunately it’s a pretty common slur that gets thrown around among some ex-friends of mine.

That plus the reference to nuking it plus the hatred of Israel is mighty fishy. I guess we should be grateful that no one has introduced the term “raghead” into this thread yet. :rolleyes:

Oh, I agree completely. Israel, like any political entity, is subject to criticism. And such a criticism need not be considered an indictment of all Jews, or even all Israelis. My only issue is with the last sentence. If the “nuke Njew York” of the OP wasn’t there then I’d let the whole thread continue without comment.

Well that’s not true. Even if he’s not an antisemite, I’d still like to know why Quin would like to see New York nuked. I doubt there are a lot Atlanta Braves fans in Europe.

No. Articles 5 and 6 state that the parties are bound to certain obligations of mutual defence in Europe. It does not in any way restrict NATO from choosing to act in concert in some other fashion, or somewhere else in the world.

Looking at a standard keyboard (The QWERTY layout) the N and J key are close together and operated by the same finger. At first, I was willing to let it go as a typo.

However; also notice that the N in Njew York (in the OP) is capitalized, while the J is not.

I agree with Alphagene, I’d like to hear an explaination, very soon.

Come on you people. Don’t let you self be fooled.

You all know that Israel are playing the same kind of game as Milosevic and the serbs did.
Milesovic used 10-11 years to make life difficult for the Kosovars hoping that they would create an armed resistance that he could accuse of being terrorists. This was of course just an excuse for him to start with etnich clensing in Kosovo.
There are also some similarities with all this talk about holy places. It seems like Milosevic and his supporters looks on certain places in Kosovo as holy placed for the serbs. This is/was of course a powerfull tool for his serb nationalism.

Much of this can be transfered to Israel and the politic they pratice. They are of course doing this over a much longer period, but apart from that, it’s not much difference.
Don’t you see, they maintains the same discontent amongs the Palestinians as the Serbs did amongs the kosovars. About 50.000 fanatic jewish settles have moved in on Palestinian territorium after the peace process startet in 1993. (I believe there are about 200.000 there in total)Almost 1000 palestinian homes was destroyed to build houses, roads etc. for these stinking settlers. And people ask why the Palestinians don’t like jews and why they throw stones at them!
Ariel Sharon is (hope I can write “was” soon) a man who knew exactly what he did when he made his provocative visit to the “wall”. And a lot of the jews who don’t support his politics in official support his action(s) in silent. We must also remember that Sharon is responsible for the murder of several hundreds of refugees in a refugee camp in Lebanon in 1982. He should face the war tribunal if you ask me.

About Njew York.
I was using irony. My point was that there are a lot of jews in NY. These jews are(was) important voters for Clinton because his wife tried to become elected in this city as --I don’t know what. Clinton had to be very careful in criticizing Israel because of this and the result was that the israeli soldiers used their weapons like never before. They where on a rampage. The shoot to kill, shoot children in the head. 30-40 children are killed the last 5-6 weeks because of it.
My point is that I link this NY-jews to Israel. They may not live there, but they support Israel because they are jews. That makes them an important factor in this game.
So my suggestion is that maybe the US could hold them as hostages while they are bombing Israel.(irony)

A lot of people are afraid to criticize Israel and the jew because of the holocaust. The jews know this and use this historical event for all it’s worth (or maybe for more than it’s worth). The jews can’t treat other people as they please because of this, the Palestinians hadn’t even anything to do with ww2 or holocaust.

I must say that I have lost most of my sympathy for Israel and the jews (not that I had so much of it before) because of the last event. And I feel less and less sorry for them for what happend back in the 40’s.

Please believe that I have absolutely NO desire to be siding with Quincy, the mystery man whose love of punctuation in names is not matched by spelling, grammar or typing skills, but I’d say it is possible not to have come across that “Njew York” thing as a racist or anti-Semite slur. I certainly hadn’t seen it anywhere before, and if Quincy’’’ (or whatever) is indeed located somewhere in Europe, he might not have met it before either.

Well, I felt I ought to mention that possibility, but I fear I might live to regret it. I hope not.

Oh. My. Lord.

You don’t have any sympathy for us? Oh no. Based on your OP, I can tell we have lost a major ally.

Your ignorance is overwhelming. I recommend you actually learn just a wee bit about Israeli and Middle Eastern history before coming to such a remarkable (and unfounded) conclusion. Your most recent post is full of inaccuracies. Ariel Sharon is far, far from one of my favorite people in the world, but he didn’t go to the Wall (there are no quotations, it’s not a metaphorical wall), he went to teh Temple Mount, which was an incredibly stupid thing to do. If he had just gone to the Wall, there wouldn’t have been any problems.

I predict that this post will get you banned, you fucking Nazi. The more I type and the more I think about your post, the more angry I get, you goddamned skinhead. I have to stop now before I really lose it.

no, it’s because, as anti-semitic hate groups like to point out (and i’m not sure how it furthers their cause), jews are rich and powerful. you don’t fuck with people who are rich and powerful.

sincerely,
a jew who wishes he was rich and powerful.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Kyla *

Can you actually see one bad thing that Israel do ? You should, but it doesn’t seem that way.

From Merriam-Webster

IRONY
noun
plural -nies
Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
Date: 1502

1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order
to make the other’s false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning – called
also Socratic irony
2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of
the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form
characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal
or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity
between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions
that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play – called also
dramatic irony, tragic irony
synonym see WIT

N.B. "a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another"

My post came after Quincy’’’'s because of connection delays. I should really have taken that as a sign, perhaps. Well, as I said, I hoped not to regret posting to this, but feared I might.