Why the hell wasn't I banned?

[QUOTE=Dangerosa]
After all, that is a really NICE coffee mug they are working for.
[/QUOTE]

If theirs is the same as mine, I’d say Slug’s illustration makes it more “SCARY” than “NICE.”

Am I in time for a sammich? I was banned for two hours and I’m afraid I’ll never catch up. Or ketchup. May I have ketchup, please?

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
Who gives a damn if you think my request is silly? Only thing that matters is that I don’t think it’s silly. The issue here, unless you disagree, is wether it’s reasonable to ask staff to do this, and if so whether it’s reasonable for them to do it. I say that it is.
[/QUOTE]
I think your request is silly and unreasonable. And it’s MY opinion (as well as the opinions of the other Admins and Mods) that really counts here.

[QUOTE=hajario]
Seriously, dude, they didn’t do it because they have better things to do than play a stupid game with you. They have family, interests and careers outside of this board.
[/QUOTE]
Huh? Since when? Why wasn’t I told about this?

[QUOTE=Muffin]
Dear Mods:

Kindly change Cryptoderk’s status designator from “Member” to “Too stupid to be banned.”

Thank you.
[/QUOTE]
Only Admins can change status titles. And we’re not allowed to do it any more. Specifically, I am not allowed to do it any longer. We want to keep open the option of selling off custom status lines.

[QUOTE=Lynn Bodoni]
We want to keep open the option of selling off custom status lines.
[/QUOTE]

Good, because “Too Stupid To Be Banned” was the custom title I wanted.

[QUOTE=Lynn Bodoni]
Only Admins can change status titles. And we’re not allowed to do it any more. Specifically, I am not allowed to do it any longer. We want to keep open the option of selling off custom status lines.
[/QUOTE]
I think a far better business model would be for us to change people’s titles as appropriate, and then give them the option to pay to change it back. No one ever listens to me, though.

Oh, what the heck, I’ll do it.

Now, lessee, this Moderator Control Panel is awfully complicated. Here’s the “Ban” button–it’s the big red shiny one–and, hey, you can even pre-set the ban period!

Hmmm… 2 hours, huh?

Hours, hours, hours…

I don’t see “hours”. Does “yrs” mean “hours”? I guess “yr” must be some kind of abbreviation for “hour”. What is Jelsoft, anyway? Is that a Swedish company?

Oh, well, here goes nothing…

[QUOTE=Giraffe]
I think a far better business model would be for us to change people’s titles as appropriate, and then give them the option to pay to change it back. No one ever listens to me, though.
[/QUOTE]
Speak up, woodja?

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
All I want is to be banned for two hours so I know what it feels like.
[/QUOTE]
Register at some other vB board. Break their rules with all the effort and imagination you can muster. When you’re banned, you’ll know what it feels like.

[QUOTE=Giraffe]
I think a far better business model would be for us to change people’s titles as appropriate, and then give them the option to pay to change it back. No one ever listens to me, though.
[/QUOTE]
That’s what we did at the board where I moderated recently. People could pay to change the titles (and avatars) of other users for a limited period of time. The targeted user then could just wait a month, or else pay to have it changed back immediately. There was lots of that kind of stuff, but it all required a full-time programmer and a couple of assistants.

[QUOTE=MEBuckner]
I don’t see “hours”. Does “yrs” mean “hours”? I guess “yr” must be some kind of abbreviation for “hour”. What is Jelsoft, anyway? Is that a Swedish company?

Oh, well, here goes nothing…
[/QUOTE]
Careful, don’t click the checkbox that says “apply to all members”!!! Wait, I said–

[QUOTE=as_u_wish]
<snip
But really, I posted (which I obviously seldom do) because **SnakesCatLady’**s signature has invaded my mental space and it’s rattling around expanding itself.
<snip>
“Would you lock the phasers on the Heffalump.”
<snip>
“Yes, Pooh. Of course, Pooh. If it is really important, of course. I don’t mind. Even if these are my favorite Photon Torpedoes. No one cares about my torpedoes. Ready them. Shut them down. Ready them shut them down. You’re just going to use the phasers. Piglet likes the phasers. Roo likes the phasers. Even Rabbit likes the phasers.”
[/QUOTE]

You think you got it bad? She’s got half of me locking phasers on the other half of me!

[QUOTE=Lynn Bodoni]
Only Admins can change status titles. And we’re not allowed to do it any more. Specifically, I am not allowed to do it any longer. We want to keep open the option of selling off custom status lines.
[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, should the SDMB go over to for-pay custom status lines, how much would it cost for me to pay to have Cryptoderk’s status line changed to a phrase of my choosing?

[QUOTE=Muffin]
Just out of curiosity, should the SDMB go over to for-pay custom status lines, how much would it cost for me to pay to have Cryptoderk’s status line changed to a phrase of my choosing?
[/QUOTE]
I have no idea. The for-pay custom status lines are just a vague notion, as far as I know. This sort of stuff would probably be instituted at the Reader, and the board staff wouldn’t have much input into it until it was almost ready. Personally, I’d love to see it happen, as I think it would give people a chance to express some more creativity, and it would make the board more profitable. However, this would mean that the moderating staff (more likely, just the admins) would have to go over the custom status lines and make sure that they are appropriate. I’d also like to see upgraded status lines, where a subscriber could choose one of several standard status lines. There are several posters who would probably pay to be listed as a “Crazy Cat Lady”, for example.

I am not speaking in my official capacity here. I am only posting about what I’d like to see happen, and what has happened in my experience as a mod/admin here.

Um, Charter Member here. I don’t need a sammich, as I just finished lunch. But if one of our kind Mods or Admins could be troubled to get me a beer, and maybe a backrub. . .

Wow, that was quick! Thanks!

Ooooh, Mmmmm, yeah, right there! Oh, yeah, that’s nice. . .

[QUOTE=Crotalus]
TubaDiva wasn’t hostile. We’re being a little hostile because you seem to be aggressively stupid. It appears to me that she thought your request was silly, and that fulfilling it would be a waste of her time. She politely told you to go out and play. Now go out and play.
[/QUOTE]

Agressively stupid ?

Should I be worried ?

[QUOTE=Cryptoderk]
They put children in prison for a day to see how it feels, and it seems to work. It isn’t the same thing, but it’s a good simulation.
[/QUOTE]

Let’s kill 2 birds with 1 stone: put yourself in prison for a day where you are effectively banned from society and you will know about prison and banning.

[QUOTE=Heffalump and Roo]
You think you got it bad? She’s got half of me locking phasers on the other half of me!
[/QUOTE]

Dear, I have been looking for another signature since you joined. I just can’t find one that makes me giggle as much as my current one!

[QUOTE=Wilson]
Mmmmm… a footrub with mayo…
[/QUOTE]

Why does my sammich taste like feet?

I’d just like to announce that Cryptoderk is now banned from my board. Of course, he doesn’t know which board is mine, but he is banned.

In other breaking news, I just farted, and purple butterflies flew out of my ass.

[QUOTE=Oakminster]
I’d just like to announce that Cryptoderk is now banned from my board. Of course, he doesn’t know which board is mine, but he is banned.
[/QUOTE]

I have arranged to have him declared persona non grata by the government of Burkina Faso. He will be skinned alive and rolled in salt if he ever ventures into the country.

Don’t thank me, Cryptoderk. It was my pleasure.