Why was my post hidden?

I started this topic: "Has someone already cloned a person? - #6 by Love_Rhombus and received a notification that a post had been hidden after being flagged. Is there a way I can find out what I did wrong?

If it is “hidden”, how did you access it via a link? You did notice that it was relocated to “Mundane and Pointless Stuff”, right?

Did it say that it was your post that was hidden, or maybe a post that replied to you? It’s possible that some spammer hit the thread or something, and got nuked.

Alternately, a post can be temporarily hidden by the system after a large number of flags, but I only see one flag on that thread, and that’s not nearly enough.

I’m not seeing any sign of any hidden post, actually, but sometimes Discourse makes them difficult to notice unless you have a direct link to the post in question.

That didn’t occur to me, sorry. I just presumed that it hadn’t been hidden from me so that I could change it as directed.

"Your post was flagged for moderator attention : the community feels something about the post requires manual intervention by a staff member.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

By the way, I feel it was a good question. Human closing raises a host of ethical questions and, knowing humans, it is going to happen at some point.

Because I hit the Hide post button by mistake while responding to the flag on your thread about the location of it. I then immediately unhid it.

You did nothing wrong.

Thanks for the explanations. I got a badge out of it, anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

What sort of badge ?
You know we’re all going to want one now !

Actually, I earned 2: “Read Guidelines” and “First Link.” :face_with_monocle:

Oh, i thought you’d got a “First Hidden Post” badge !

Mods, does this happen to any post that is flagged? That is, does the person who posted a reply (or started a thread) get a notice that their post was flagged by another board member?

To the best of my knowledge it does not.

Not for every flag, just for flags that either triggered Community Moderation or flags that were Agreed with and Hidden by a mod.

You get a PM:

The post, itself, says something about This post was hidden by the community, but “the community” very often means “the mods.”

Thanks. I was just wondering if it was possible that I’ve never had a post flagged, because I’ve never had this notice. I mean, I’m a pretty boring poster, so it’s possible that no one has flagged any of my posts, but unlikely.

On Discourse, you’ve been flagged 11 times. Never warned.

Thanks! I’m saving all my warnings for an epic flameout in 2025.

Can we not do it on a Thursday ? Thursdays are bad for me.

TIA.

Can we all see our posts that have been flagged, or is that restricted to the mods?

It is only viewable to Mods.

I appreciate the notice, I can make sure I’ve stocked up on popcorn. You’re a good egg.

(In 2022.)