Will you eat reindeer?

This. Donner kabobs are a wonderful meal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Never had reindeer.

I’ve had regular deer. And elk. Lots and lots of cow, pig, chicken, and some lamb.

I tried horse once; pretty good.

Had rattlesnake, turtle, and 'gator, too.

I can see no possible probem to trying reindeer, given the chance.

This was my experience as well.

It tasted O.K.

Why wouldn’t I eat reindeer? It’s just a kind of deer, another in a long line of stupid prey animals whose purpose in life is to be eaten.

Would. Have. Love it a both steak, sausage and cretons. Rudolph goes great on baguette.

Done it. Had a delicious reindeer burger at LappDanald’s.

Weekending with the Ted Nugent family, are we?

You should have looked around the old city, plenty of places that serve it there (the reindeer to tourist ratio is unsurprisingly quite high). If you’re ever around these parts again, PM me and I’ll recommend a couple of spots.

It’s delicious, by the way. And so is horse meat :smiley:

We had lovely reindeer meatballs by the harbor in Helsinki this summer.

Ate it once before, would happily eat it again give the opportunity.

Then again, my only rules when it comes to food are 1) no bugs (yes, I’ve been told they’re tasty, but I don’t think I could get past the fact that they’re icky crawly bugs) and 2) must be dead by the time it hits my plate (but that’s mostly because I’m too lazy to chase my food down if it’s in a position to run away).

I would gladly eat reindeer. It’s how I plan to exact my revenge for all those lumps of coal.

I would consume reindeer with relish. Or maybe barbecue sauce.

PM me, would you? I’m in these parts on a permanent basis and I haven’t had the opportunity yet.

I would eat it on a sleigh
I would eat it every day

er,

Anyway, I would try it if given the opportunity. I’m on the top if the food chain, so I’m willing to try anything.

I’m not a good hunter though. Kind of wierd, huh?

I’ve eaten venison numerous times and enjoyed it. How different is reindeer?

The idea that it’s ‘reindeer’ (Oh, noes! I’m eating Rudolph!) would not factor into my assessment in any way.

I like bamby, thumper and seabiscuit, so why not rudolph :smiley:

I’d give it a try. It being reindeer wouldn’t color my opinion.

I’d go with reindeer as an Xmas main course.

But first the appetizer - chipmunks roasting on an open fire.

I have a book somewhere which is the story by one of the Norwegian commandos who sabotaged the heavy water plant at Telemark during WWII. They lived off the land in the dead of winter, eating moss and lichen, until they shot a reindeer. I think they ate everything but the fur. You don’t want to know the part of a reindeer that is high in vitamin C.

But it’s been a few years and hamburger and factory chicken are getting boring. Prancer is sounding pretty good.

Er, just the meat parts.

Reindeer sausage in Alaska is as common as hotdogs on the Boardwalk. Every corner dog stand sells it, and restaurants serve it as an alternative to bacon or breakfast sausage. It’s the only thing I ever ordered when hungry for a dog.