Wolverine vs the cheerleader?

We’d also probably want to add searches for Hayden Panetierre in, which I’m afraid would crack the internet in half.

By “electoral college,” I presume you mean “nude image requests.”
:smiley:

Googling “(“claire bennet” OR “Hayden Panettiere”) (naked OR nude)” returns 177,000 hits.

Googling “(“hugh jackman” OR wolverine) (naked OR nude)” returns 207,000 hits. “Hugh Jackman” alone returns 88,600 hits.

Wolverine walks.

Claire can be put down semi-permanently - jam a stick in the base of her brain, and her healing factor shuts down - or permanently - Sylar, in one possible future, did take her out.

There’s no such trick for Wolverine.

At least he’s unlikely to go for the permanent kill…just hang her on a branch and call her father to pick her up once he’s well away.

The only worse scenario for Claire is vs pre-LEGION Lobo, whose healing factor was so absurd, that if he bled, every drop of blood would grow into a new Lobo…and he’s less likely to go for the temporary kill than Logan.

Well, here’s YouTube clip of Logan (OK, Hugh Jackman) performing Oh, What a Beautiful Morning from Oklahoma!

Was the fight to the death? Or was it to the pain?

Apparantly, that’s out, too.

Aaaand a cartoon light bulb clicked on over the heads of the slash/fic writers and there was a sudden rash of ultimate hardcore SM stories hitting the internet…

…and there was a grrrreeeaattt rubbing of parts!

Has Sabretooth “Got better” since then? Because as we all know, in the Marvel universe only Uncle Ben is dead forever.

Not yet, as far as I know. But the story isn’t very old.

Wikipedia says:

So yes, Wolverine has a sword made out of his own soul.

Did I mention that this story was really bad?

Wait…Wolverine has a Soul Sword? Only Pixie’s supposed to have one of those… (Although she didn’t let Majik take her whole soul, so it’s more of a Soul Dagger…)

Y’know, we still haven’t resolved the cheerleading challenge.

Obviously, the young girl has some competency in this regard. Wolverine, on the other hand, is more than a hundred years old. Who’s to say that he hasn’t pick up some mad cheerleading skills over the course of a century?

It would go something like this.

Judge : "And the winner of the cheerleading contest is . … "

• SNICKT *

Judge : "Um, ah, the fellow with the claws. Please don’t hurt me . ’ . "

Wolverine : “Knew you had an appreciation for the finer things, bub.”

Mystique took out a Wolverine robot with a throat shot - UXM #174 from memory. The robot was designed by Arcade to be identical to Wolverine in his powers and abilities. Apparently Wolverine is vulernable to bleeding to death.

In Days of Future Past, a Sentinel incinerated a future version of Wolverine, leaving only the admantium skeleton.

So, if the cheerleader gets in with a flamethrower or a knife his his throat, she might win. Anyone can get lucky after all. But given Wolverine’s sheer aggression, the claws, and his track record of winning against very difficult odds, I don’t give her high odds.

That assumes that Arcade was successful in making the robot identical to Wolverine. There is definitely canonical evidence that Wolverine isn’t vulnerable to bleeding to death, and can regenerate blood just as easily as anything else.

A flamethrower would not burn a target to the bone very quickly, and I don’t think Claire is going to be running around with thirty kilos of flamethrower on her back.

If you’re getting in a knife fight with someone stronger, better trained and more resiliant than you, luck is going to be on his side, not yours.