Woman escapes from shallow grave.

You know what, I’m just going to say it: she should totally break up with him. He’s not a nice boyfriend.

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies. Fucking assholes help you bury someone alive.

Let’s not be so rash here! Counseling maybe, but breaking up after this one little incident???

That’s a dealbreaker.

Yeah, I thought that was very clever–I dunno that I would have thought of it. Adds an extra touch of delicious irony.

And here’s to hoping the assbag boyfriend never sees the light of day again.

If she doesn’t want to hurt his feelings, she can use the old “It’s not you, it’s me.”

That’s the SDMB’s answer to any relationship problem, isn’t it? Nobody’s willing to just work through their difficulties any more.

Dig a new hole, Joel

They had a three-year-old son. The poor bastard’s going to grow up and one day learn that his father is in prison because he tried to kill her to take care of him. Sigh.

And no doubt the father will claim his ex has poisoned his son’s mind against him.

So what’s the etiquette in this situation: does she have to give the ring back?

Apparently some asshole boyfriend in England hasn’t read his Stieg Larsson.

Given the exceedingly lame punishments that some violent criminals get in Britain, perhaps not.

Given the place that the trial is being held, and location of his offence, there is a strong possibility that I will get to deal with this charmer.

That will be quite some time in the future, I can’t see him getting less than 10 years, and there is a very good chance he will get a life sentence.

It will be some years before he works his way down throught the various security grades of our prisons - and much of that will depend upon his approach toward his sentence, if given a life sentence he may find himself in prison much longer than the court imposed minimum tariff - this is huighly likely since lifers are frequently held much longer than this tariff since they generally fail to address their behavious effectively and so are unable to prove that they are a reduced risk to the public.

I have noticed over the last 7 or 8 years that some of the most serious offences, torture/murders, brutal assaults have been carried out by EU emigres. There are lots of such folk working in low skill high volume work - agriculture cropping, industrial meat plants etc. I can’t help but wonder if they have used up all their chances in their home counties and have come here.

In some cases they have long records of serious crimes in their homelands.This is one serious weakness in the EU rights to free movement of labour - we should be able to ship them out before they ever get into our society, and if they should offend, they should be deported - there is no real need to be considering refugee status for EU emigres.

Best line in the Huffington Post article: “This is a file photo of a shovel.”

Definitely. She’ll probably try to put all of the blame on him!

hh

Just bury her alive, Clive.

Take off the ring, Sting.

…or she’ll set herself free.

I apologize in advance for this:

‘Bored’ fiend, a fiend with a large box
A fiend whose Taser shocks
‘Bored’ fiend, to bury your love

Live fiend, and prison awaits you
The world still abhors you
Each time you touch a shovel

Stay fiend, where all walls confine you