Work conundrum

Lionne, this scenario is simply proof that money doesn’t give you class, and sycophants have no boundaries.

Don’t let it get to you. You’ve been suitably outraged; now blow it off. Making an issue of it just reinstates your lower place on the totem pole.

Having a talk with my boss saying I don’t appreciate comments about my tits being said repeatedly in the workplace is massively overreacting? Sorry, next time I’ll accept a pat on the ass and a nudge back into the kitchen to cook dinner for the menfolk.

Because he is my boss - not his friend, not his brother, but someone he conducts business with. If you can’t understand why that’s inappropriate, I don’t think your advice will be much help.

I’ve never said anything remotely crude in a work envirnment to a boss about an employee. I’m not some wilting flower; I know the stuff men and women think. I am objecting to the language used, the environment, and the non-reaction from my boss.

After hours, outside of work, in a drinking environment does not equate to my situation. Had it been so, my reaction would likely be the same as yours. Again, this thread was made for advice. I haven’t “whinnied” to HR about sexual harassment, I talked to my boss and he’ll talk to his boss. If nothing else happens, I’m fine with that.

If only the [IMG] tags worked around here. We could all post: This thread is useless without pics/

People in business relationships talk about all kinds of things that are not business related. Sports, recent events, sex, etc.

It’s entirely possible that if I did give you advice (which I haven’t), it would not be much help.

But the reason for it not being much help might possibly be different than the reason you think.

Your boss is at fault here. You have no idea if the customer ever said anything. What he said is inappropriate, so you have to tell him that. Start keeping a log of any similar statements. Tell others each time it happens. If it continues, you have to go to HR, and as others mentioned, expect little or no help. After that you may need a lawyer.

OTOH, was this an isolated instance? Maybe with the branch closing, your boss’s life is being turned upside down and this was just a single stupid mistake on his part.

I want to say that I’m of the same feelings as others - the situation is skeevy, your boss should have handled it better, and there’s not much that HR can/will do.

That said, what I think is especially disturbing is that this seems to be an ongoing conversation, not just a one time thing, with Mr. X.

If it was a one time thing, I think I wouldn’t even feel skeevy about it. The fact that Mr.X is always telling your boss something about your breasts would definitely skeeve me out.