Work of art that's gotten you laid the most.

Many years ago I went on a date with the friend of one of my sister’s. The night was pleasant enough but we just didn’t connect. Just before I dropped her off at her place, Miracles by Jefferson Starship was played by the radio station I had on in my car. It was just what the night needed and the night lasted a few hours longer than I had planned. :smiley:

“Sliver”, a mediocre “erotic thriller” with Sharon Stone and Alex Baldwin. Any time I’m on a date and we decide to rent a movie, if the girl picks that one out I know I’m gettin’ lucky. It’s happened several times.

[QUOTE=silenus]

Although these days I’m having great success with dbygawdcapn’s

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I want to put
My penis in you.

:smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Glad that I could be of service.

For me it is probably Jimmy Buffet’s “Why Don’t We Get Drunk And Screw?” as long as it doesn’t turn into the Dead Kennedys “Too Drunk To Fuck”. Ah, the power of suggestion.

[QUOTE=Trunk]
Side one of Led Zeppelin IV.
[/QUOTE]

That side of the CD doesn’t play very well for me, I’ve never had much luck with it…

I am so subscribing to this thread.

My Italian sports car. Banged every woman that has come close to it, except my mother and my sister.

(Insert joke here)

“Easy Street” by the Edgar Winters. (OK, just kidding, I just think it would be a hoot if it were an effective make out song.)

When I was a young man, there was the one-two punch of “Love the One You’re With,” followed by “Our House,” both by Crosby, Stills and Nash. Or Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Whatever. If you couldn’t nail her with that combo, you prolly weren’t gonna nail her.

My body.

BOOOO YAHHHH

For me it’s not a poet but a painter. Joseph-Siffred DuPlessis. He was an 18th century portrait artist, and shared appreciation of his work has gotten me nailed by some great looking guys. You may not know his name, but you may recognize one of his most famous portraits .

Curiously, Weird Al Yankovic doesn’t seem to work at all. :confused:

[QUOTE=BrainGlutton]
Curiously, Weird Al Yankovic doesn’t seem to work at all. :confused:
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps your partner is not comfortable with him in the room?

[QUOTE=Sampiro]
For me it’s not a poet but a painter. Joseph-Siffred DuPlessis. He was an 18th century portrait artist, and shared appreciation of his work has gotten me nailed by some great looking guys. You may not know his name, but you may recognize one of his most famous portraits .
[/QUOTE]

Nice.
For my part, the only artists to who have undisputedly gotten me laid with no effort on my part are Frank Sinatra and Prince. Oddly enough, it was my dates who put them on. Every other time I’ve gotten laid any art piece has been tangential.
If you’re interested, when this one girl put on Prince she really went berserk… Totally. Dirty. Bazurk! Never seen anything like it before or since. Fond memories!

This may be a foregone cliche, but cunning linguism seems to be an art most women appreciate

Goodbye Horses, performed by Q Lazzarus. Especially when I do my special little dance.

Not a specific work of art, but being the guitar player in a rock-and-roll band has produced quite a few successful opportunities for me.

“Chelsea Bridge” by Ben Webster, the first cut on his Ballads 2-disc set.

Or, for the other kind of girl I date, “The Trouble with Tribbles.”

[QUOTE=Dung Beetle]
I once knew a guy who said that his girlfriend’s favorite song was Dust in the Wind, by Kansas. So he taped it over and over again on a cassette for them to boink to. I always think of that when I hear it, and giggle, because it’s not the sort of song that lends itself well to boinking. At least, I don’t imagine so.
[/QUOTE]

Man, that’s horrible. I never thought sex could be depressing , but I think this might just do the trick.

[QUOTE=racer72]
Many years ago I went on a date with the friend of one of my sister’s. The night was pleasant enough but we just didn’t connect. Just before I dropped her off at her place, Miracles by Jefferson Starship was played by the radio station I had on in my car. It was just what the night needed and the night lasted a few hours longer than I had planned. :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Did you get “a taste of the real world”? :wink:

[QUOTE=Krokodil]

Or, for the other kind of girl I date, “The Trouble with Tribbles.”
[/QUOTE]

I think you’re my hero. Could you teach me?

[QUOTE=silenus]
Shakespeare - Sonnet 29

When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possess’d,
Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven’s gate;
For thy sweet love remember’d such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

[/QUOTE]
Did we go to the same JH? I had to memorize this as well, and it always stuck with me. Later in life, I shared it with a girlfriend and expressed how much I enjoyed it and made me think of her. She, in her infinite sweetness, wrote it out in caligraphy and had it framed for me. We ended up getting married, and the marriage was consumated, so I assume this story fits the OP’s topic.

Hi, sweetheart. :smiley: