Oh, no, not that song again!

My husband drove my truck the other day and left the radio on when he got home. He did leave it on the station I prefer when I have the radio on, but I usually leave it off. So last night, when I drove to work, it was on and I left it on. Before I could turn it off, MacArthur Park came on. Oh, my God! I can’t get that stupid refrain out of my head! God, what incredibly bad lyrics!

Someone left my cake out in the rain.
I don’t think I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
and I’ll never have that recipe agaaaaaiiiinnnnnn, OH, NOOOOOOOOO…

Now you can all be miserable with me. :smiley:

Hmmm… funny, I kinda like that song. Mostly because it’s corny, but I still like it.

Of course I prefer Wierd Al’s Version:

Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I’m afraid those things’ll harm me
'Cause they sure don’t act like Barney
And they think I’m their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Nothing like the master.

I can’t stand when people stick songs in my head! I will have my revenge!

Sometimes I feel I’ve got to (bomp bomp) get away
I’ve got to (bomp bomp) run away from the pain you drive into the heart of me. The love we share seems to go no (pause) where, and I’ve lost my light, for I toss and turn I can’t sleep at night!

Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been.
Lives in a dream
Waits at the window
Wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for

<cackle></cackle>

You’re a day late and a dollar short on that one, Plavacek. I came to work tonight and heard something that reminded me of Eleanor Rigby, so I’ve been hearing the “Give My Regards to Broadstreet” version of that song since I got here tonight. Whistling it and humming it, and generally driving my co-workers nuts! Funny coincidence, huh?

Corvus, that’s hilarious. I’ve never heard that before. I love it!

Plavacek, I meant to say that now I’m alternately hearing BOTH songs! I’m in HELL! [sub]actually I like eleanor rigby…[/sub]

And I forgot to add my sig line, which I changed tonight!

I aim to please :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to the complete lyrics:

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/weirdnesscentral/jurassicpark.html

I would’ve posted the entire version, but I feel that it would’ve irked our esteemed mods. Copyright and all of that.

Love the new sig, by the way. :wink:

I really like Eleanor Rigby, but haven’t heard it in a long time. Thanks for getting it stuck in my head, Plavacek. :smiley:

Strangely enough, I’ve never heard the original MacArthur Park, only Weird Al’s version. I’m an Al fan from way back. I actually even got to meet him, after one of his shows (even if you don’t like hit music [which I do], you’ve got to admit that he puts on a great show). He was really tired, but he met with a bunch of fans, signing autographs. Very cool.

I just found a parody of Eleanor Rigby, for the computer age. You can read the lyrics here.
Not really funny, but it made me chuckle.

[hijack]" It’s a small world after all, it’s a small world after all, it’s a small world after all, it’s a small, small world"[/hijack]

Tee hee that was fun :wink:

Keith

Don’t play B-17!
It was our song,
It was his song,
but it’s ooooooooover

:slight_smile:

I am ashamed to know this. I think there were two versions of MacArthur Park. One by Richard Harris (damn his eyes for doing it), and a disco remake by Donna Summer. Please don’t hurt me: I have a songbook of 70s songs with MacArthur Park in it. I truly believe that song is evil.

Songs aren’t evil. Disco is evil.

(sigh) Now, I have to kill you.

Here’s the story
of a man named Brady!

::ducks and runs::

This reminds me of a game we used to play at work, the object of which was to sing or hum a song in the presence of others early in the day. If anyone else was heard repeating the song, you won.
…a few periodic champions:

“Sometimes you feel like a nut,
Sometimes you don’t.
Almond Joy has nuts,
Mounds don’t…”

“Gimme a break, gimme a break,
Break me off a piece of that KitKat Bar…”

and, the dreaded:
“Here’s a little song I wrote,
You might want to sing it note for note,
Don’t worry…be happy.”

Let me know if I’ve managed to screw up anyone’s day.
:smiley:

Right kids, how many times have you been warned aobut fooling around, you were told and now you are gonna have to deal with it

We had joy we had fun,
We had seasons in the sun,
dee dee dee ,
dee dee dee ,
dee dee diddle diddle dee.

Now behave yourselves or I’ll have to resort to

Achy breaky heart tactics.

Hey, that reminds me of another childhood folksong:

We had joy, we had fun
We had streaking in the sun
But the sun
Burned our balls
Now we streak in overalls.
The one that I always hated but etched a permanent groove in my brain was Rod Stewart’s “D’you think I’m Sexy?”

If you want my body
And you think I’m sexy
Come on sugar let me know…

“Youuuu light up my life,
youuuu giiiiive me hope
to carry on…”

Uh oh… I don’t think my son’s old bike helmet is gonna protect me ::::runs away so fast sparks fly:::: :stuck_out_tongue:

[whiny voice}

Oh the Ladeeeee in reeeeeeed
Is dancing with meeeeeeeeee
There’s no other place,
That I’d rather beeeeeeee

[/whiny voice]

Feelings, nothing more than feelings trying to forget my feelings of love , FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELINGS for all my live I’ve FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElings, etc