World of Warcraft General Discussion

I take it I should be gemming straight STA on my tanking pieces?

Gem/Enchant to the DEF cap (whatever that is, you can google it - I think it’s about 540 defense (note NOT defense rating)) first, then straight STA.

535 for heroics, 540 for raid bosses. And be sure when you’re gemming that you have enough of a particular color to activate your meta gem. Nightmare Tears are good for this.

Last night had this happen: Little Arhiatlel stares up at the four ICC25-geared players from the same guild

Arh: Oh. Um. Hi. Don’t eat me please.

Them: Ohhai. roflstomp

Arh: poots along in their wake with renews and topping up with due diligence

[Scene: Near the end of Part 2 with the ghouls]

52K Bear/rest of party: all start dropping HP like it burnses us, precious

Arh: OHARGHLEFUUUUUU HEAL HEAL ABOLISH DISPEL HEAL [SIZE=“5”]HEAL[/SIZE]

Them: nobody dies

Arh: Phew. plops down next to Arthas and heals people back to full while catching her nonexistent breath

Sheepish Bear: …Sorry, they told me to test you.

Arh: Heh. Well at least it woke me up.

Ultimately I got the drake (extra incentive to get artisan flying), and some entertainment although I will tell you, I seriously didn’t know what was going on for a minute there. I’m still kicking myself though for forgetting healy wings during the clutch. Oh well – next time. :smiley:

… thanks, Doll! :slight_smile:

Q

If you have it glyphed, you can just about use it on every CD because if it’s not used to save the tank from dying, the CD is reset to only one minute.

Cheers! Have fun in your new guild and progression. :slight_smile:

Cheers, SFG! Dreamwalker is cake, so it won’t be long. And I also agree that there should be a separate title for 10/25 Kingslayer, but guess you’ll just have to kill him on Heroic to separate yourself from the masses. :wink:

I used to be more mercenary about progression, but after being in a top world guild in which I hated the leadership and made raiding into a 2nd job for me, I’ve since changed my outlook. Progression will come in time, especially with the attitude that Blizzard has taken towards progression, so I’m more concerned with genuinely enjoying the company of my guildmates more than progression. I could jump ship to a 12/12 Light of Dawn guild if I wanted, but I’d rather be there with people I actually like and care for a few weeks later.

D’OH! I was on my mage and made a total bonehead noob mistake in heroic DTK …

You know that stretch right before the last boss where there are all these small groups of trolls sparring with each other? I came up the stairs and around the corner and saw one of these groups going at it, and mistakenly thought they were fighting the tank. So I dropped a Flamestrike right in the middle of them … except the tank actually wasn’t in there yet :smack:

Here they all came, right at me. Quick! Invisibility! I disappeared, tank managed to round them all up, and everybody was fine and nobody died, thank goodness.

Sorry. I appreciate all the help, but this thread hangs up on me continously (and it is ONLY THIS thread), I have asked that y’all start another one, you yourselves have admitted that the previous one was too long, and I don’t have the FUCKING PATIENCE to sit here and wait while this GOD-FUCKING page reloads while y’all sit there and ignore me.

This crap is just fucking ridiculous.

Thanks and Auf Wiedersehen

Sorry, Quasi. I’ll get on it.

ETA: At your service, sir.

I’ve taken the liberty of starting a new thread on this, since this time it really IS way too long for some people. sigh The end of an era… :wink:

Quasi, the size of the thread doesn’t affect how fast the page loads - the board only loads one page at a time, not the whole thread at once. And the previous thread was discontinued because jayjay thought it was too long to read through, not because it was too big to load.

And I don’t think anybody ignored you - I don’t think anybody saw you ask us to start a new thread.

jayjay, since a new thread has been started, I’d suggest asking a mod to lock this one so there is no confusion.

ETA: over 12,000 posts! pretty impressive!

I know, right?! My longest thread ever (possibly THE longest thread ever (on this board)). Gonna miss it.

ETA: Lock requested, before I get maudlin all over the upholstery.

Faretheewell, old thread. I’ll post all my responses to the new one.

Thread? More like a sweater!

I could use a sweater. It’s freezing in here!

You got 300 pages here! Just make a bum’s blanket with them!

Oh, thank god. Now I’m cold *and *covered in paper cuts.

I feel like I should hold a ceremony of some sort, an eulogy.

Instead, I will leave you with this quote;

“… Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange that the only thing that works 24/7 and never crashes is the billing system?”

• Anon

Mod Note: Thread closed in favour of the new one.

• Gukumatz,
    Game Room Moderator