Yay!! I'm going to get married!

I hate to be the party pooper, Jim, but bringing a date to your wedding usually makes the bride a little upset.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Good one, Zi. chuckles Many good comments here.

[Matronly British tone] Now, of course, I just have to point out that since you are of the male persuasion, Jim, you will of course make all the wrong decisions, and your intended bride will decide she absolutely must alter just about everything you’ve set up. With the possible exception of roses, if you manage to pick those for the main flowers. I mean, really. What man could plan a wedding and do it justice? That’s what they have us female types for.

Men excell at planning BBQ’s and fishing trips and all sorts of events. But I’ve yet to see a man who could do a wedding properly. [/Matronly British tone]
:stuck_out_tongue:

Zia, I’ve made a note to discuss bringing dates to the wedding with my bride-to-be. Glad you reminded me that it might be a touchy subject.
purrp, you don’t seem to understand. Not having a potential bride yet means all this is on my shoulders. Good at it or not, is not the question. It’s got to be done. Not having a bride means I also don’t have any best friends or family of the bride. You know, the normal people to handle this cr…, uh, stuff.

A tux, I need a tux. I guess that can wait till the last minute. I’ll just add it to the list.

Jim

Ah, but Lord Jim… you have the great good luck to have a woman for YOUR best man, and purr LOVES to plan weddings! Besides which, Grace LOVES to plan weddings too. Actually, you have an embarrassment of riches here.

If you wish, WE’LL plan the wedding and YOU can concentrate on finding a bride…sound like a good plan? [sub]particularly since if you DON’T find a bride we are going to be sitting in a leafy bower, draped with roses and ribbons, staring at each other in consternation…although I am sure that the DFW Dopers would be happy to take care of enjoying the reception…PARTYYYYY! They probably wouldn’t even NOTICE the absence of a bride! :slight_smile: [/sub]

Scotti, having a lady Best Man is a big advantage, I can see already. And it does sound like a great plan having y’all plan the wedding.
As far as the DFW Dopers not noticing the absence of a bride, that may be true. However, the honeymoon won’t be as much fun for me.

Grace said she do anything I needed including being the bride. Or something like that.

This may work out.

Jim