Yeah, well fuck you too, dickhead.

That is an excellent point. Civility is measured in actions, not in words.

I have never found those “pissing” signs funny. They have always seemed excessively vulgar to me.

I think someone who would put a sticker like that on their vehicle is of the same mind as kids who go around writing “fuck” on everything. It’s just pointless hostility, and I agree - it doesn’t make the world a better place.

Um, I was referring to the middle finger sticker, not the Calvin stickers, by the way.

Report him for what? No freedom of speech in Ireland?

The Calvin stickers are also illegal. Watterson never licensed his characters to be used that way. It offends me that the tasteful and lovable strip would be turned into a crass and vulgar joke that Watterson would never have made and put to commercial ends he would have never endorsed.

The Calvin stickers are also illegal. Watterson never licensed his characters to be used that way. It offends me that the tasteful and lovable strip would be turned into a crass and vulgar joke that Watterson would never have made and put to commercial ends he would have never endorsed.

I’d have reported him to his boss. Businesses are usually unhappy with employees making political statements on company time, and even less happy with statements of that sort.

I don’t remember the legal specifics, but for some reason there’s nothing Watterson can do about those stickers – which is a damn shame. Even if he could, it would be a tough fight; it seems like everyone who makes custom vinyl graphics produces the things.

There’s another bumper sticker in the same vein “How’s my driving? Call 1-800-EAT-****” I’ve never understood why someone would want to put a bumpersticker on their car that says, essentially, “I’m a belligerent idiot.”

Well, that’s because simply being a belligerent idiot is too subtle for some people. They want to make sure that you’re aware of their presence.

The guy (I’m assuming it was a guy) with the road rage-provoking sticker was driving a Suburban. The reason why he had the sticker was because he can. Aside from a few Hummers, commercial trucks, and semis, there probably aren’t too many other big vehicles that could challenge him on the roads.

Now, if the guy had that same sticker pasted on the bumper of a Yugo or a Geo Metro, you would have to admire him for his chutzpah.

He did try to stop the non-licensed Calvin tee shirts, but legal recourse is one thing and stopping the many, many nickle-and-dime manufacturers of those tees and stickers is another. One presumes he gave up long ago, and cringes whenever he sees them.

Makes an entirely different statement and I probably would have laughed.

Darth Nader makes an excellent point.

What if some guy just decided to randomly pepper the SDMB with this? From time to time, just stick this in the middle of threads. People would rail against him, ask for his banning, and pit him.

That’s all the OP is really doing.

I don’t think they’re funny, either. ‘Juvenile’ is the word that comes immediately to mind. However, it’s meant as a joke, whereas the other is meant as in-your-face hostile. That’s all I’m sayin’.

Please note, it was not my intention to offend or troll. My post was meant in jest.

Darth --I was admiring your skills at the punctuation marks!

I look at these bumper stickers that say 1-800-EAT-**** or “My kid can beat up your honor roll student” and just shake my head. What is with these people? You are putting that juvenile thought out there for all to see, for all time?

I also cringe when I see poor Calvin used in such a nasty way. Little boys pee–how is this funny or cute? So, you don’t like Fords/Chevies–so you need a pic of a little boy peeing on the logo?
Stuff like this does not add to the male’s attractiveness for females, trust me on this one.

I like the headmiles and the rent space…good way to put it.

Just a post-script to all this. While driving home last night, some jerk in yet another Suburban suddenly realized he was in the right-turn lane and swerved in front of me, narrowly missing my front fender. His bumper sticker? “If you’re close enough to see this, Kiss This!” Ah, the irony.

Calvin pissing on a logo is tacky and juvenile. A flipping the bird sticker IS rather insulting. But dang Chefguy, this is Alaska, why are you surprised? Or even annoyed, that’s pretty tame compared to some of the attitudes up here.

Derrr…nevermind, I see the peeboy stickers have been covered thoroughly.

Absolutely. I see a sticker like that on a guy’s vehicle, I’m thinking “whew! Thanks for the warning!”