Yes, GRIND does looks like the next CITIZEN KANE

I don’t care what happens to me. You can boil me in oil and flay my skin slowly for months. It will all be worth it if you take that little bastard who keeps saying “Releasing those twins!” in the GRIND ad and make him pay. God! Please make him pay!

Some people just need punishing. HARD.

Yeah, doesn’t he just look like one of those obnoxiously ‘cool’ idiots that you just want to take aside and slap silly?

Some studio exec’s kid stole a tonne of money and made a movie with his stoner pals. I can’t wait.

And just think. That “release the twins” exchange was in the previews, so it must be one of the funniest parts of the film. The rest of it must be golden.

I hate that line and that skeevy little fuck! I’d rather sit at home and stare at the four walls than go see that pile of suck!!

But… but… somebody knocks over a whole row of porta-potties with a skateboard! And there’s a fat guy in the last one! Don’t you people know comedy gold when you see it?

[sub]seriously, though: ack.[/sub]

This ‘film’ is going to set back my beloved sport of skateboarding by 10 years at least.

I get the impression that Gleaming the Cube will look like a masterpiece in comparison.

Gigli
Grind
Uptown Girls
Open Range

Are they trying to get people to kill themselves during the previews?

Does anyone have a link? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Don’t forget to vote with your wallets folks.

Did someone poison the filmmakers’ water bottles?

Every time I see that commercial I want to dive under my desk and cry.

Hey, I like Gleaming the Cube!

I like Gleaming the Cylinder, if you know what I mean.

Oh, we are.

Enjoy,
Steven

What have you heard about Uptown Girls that would make you include it in this list? Uptown Girls is directed by one of the most interesting and unique directors working today, and I have very little doubt that however thin the previews make it look, that’s the fault of the marketing people and not the director: I expect the movie will be a great deal better than the previews.

Gee, I sure hope Brittany Murphy and that little girl “learn something about themselves” by the end of the movie. :rolleyes:

What have you got against Open Range? By all accounts so far, this may be one of the best movies of the year.

Anyway, while we’re talking about people who need to die, can I nominate EVERYONE in those stupid Juicy Fruit commercials?

So . . . you’ve seen it then? Or you’re saying that it’s IMPOSSIBLE to make a good movie in which somebody learns something about themselves?

No, haven’t seen it. Don’t plan on it either, since it’s been done to death.

No, it’s not impossible to make a good movie with this worn-out plot, but this ain’t gonna be the one.

MAN that kind of bullshit really pisses me off.

Get back to us after you’ve seen his other films–

Fresh
A Price Above Rubies
Remember the Titans

–all astonishingly original and well made films–and then we can talk.

And Speilberg did 1941.

Every director has a clunker on his resume.

He wrote The Punisher?