YES! I am pregnant again!

I am so excited! My first complete cycle since getting off the pill in April, and we hit the lottery. It happened that way last time, too. We are incredibly lucky.

Hubby and I got to take a long weekend trip without our toddler to Sun Valley at the end of June, and it’s amazing what you can accomplish when you actually HAVE sex!

Aside from an unexpectedly evil reaction from my best friend (a pit thread may be on the way), everyone is very excited and happy for us. Our son will be two in October, so the timing is very good.

Can’t wait! I love being pregnant!

(incredibly mundane and pointless, but I’m jazzed so who cares)

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. Isn’t it fun when you are expecting a little bundle of joy?(BTW, I wouldn’t know exactly how that feels, but being in a large family I know that babies are so cute and fun to be around. Except for when it comes to diapers.:))

Congratulations EJsGirl!

Congrats on the kidling!
And what sort of evil reaction could your friend have had? Jealousy? Spite? I am curious. (Please start a Pit thread; do not poison this one.)
Congrats again.

Woo! Congratulations! Woo!

Congratulations! How exciting. So your kids will be about 2 1/2 years apart… that will be nice. It’s a lot of work but definitely worth it!

Congratulations, EJsGirl!

If I regret anything in my life, it is that I never had children. I am so happy for you, and may I say that it always warms me right down to my toes when someone who really WANTS children and is ready for them actually HAS them. Too often, and sadly, children are born into less than ideal situations. This baby is going to be so loved, and SO wanted…I get goose bumps just thinking about it.

Please keep us updated if you find out the gender…we should really have a CyberBabyShower for you and evilbeth! And I believe we will do just that, now that I think of it! When are you due?

Scotti

Congratulations :slight_smile:

You rock!! congratulations. do you know what you’ll name the baby to be yet? :slight_smile:

That would be so cool Scotticher, I’ve never been to a cyber-anything before! I am due around the end of March/beginning of April, don’t even have a due date yet! But I’m pretty sure conception was the weekend of June 29. When is evilbeth due?

I am hoping for a girl, as I am already outnumbered by the husband, son and dog, but I’ll be happy no matter what. If it’s a girl, she will be named Katherine Annan, after my grandmother. All the women on my mom’s side of the family carry that middle name.

screech-owl, there will be a pit thread shortly.

Thanks you guys! Sometimes I feel like such a wierdo when I get so excited about things, but I love being pregnant and can’t wait to meet our newest pal! But you probably guessed that, being as I may only be 4 weeks gone and I’m already over the moon!

I’m so happy for you, EJsGirl. My mom loves being pregnant too, and it shows. She is just consumed by a light of happiness and contentness. I am sure you are the same way. Whatever it is, I just hope it is happy and healthy, and is as beautiful as any child of yours can be expected to be :smiley:

Woo-hoo! I’m so happy for you (and glad it’s not me! :smiley: )

As if bringing new life into the world was pointless and mundane! Sheesh, you silly pregnant people!

EJsGirl, congratulations. Please keep us updated on baby’s progress as you go, not to mention this whole evil-reaction-from-best-friend deal, too.

Truth, there is now a pit thread about snarky so-called best friend.

I must say it, I hope that this baby is as cute as my son. Sometimes I just can’t believe it. I mean, hubby and I aren’t trolls or anything, but the kid is really something!

The “tireds” have hit me with a vengeance, and a little nausea. Just like last time, right around 4-5 weeks. Damn, I was kinda hoping this time I wouldn’t feel sick, but maybe it will pass. Last time, I felt puky 24 hours a day (none of that “morning” sickness for us overachievers) right up until the 3 month mark, then wooosh! Felt perfect the rest of the pregnancy.

I fell asleep at work yesterday, and was really looking forward to crashing tonight, but I have to work a show tonight! I am a makeup artist at the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach, CA- living pictures incorprating human figures. Sounds dorky but it’s really cool.

Anyway, looks like I’ll be meeting my caffiene limit today!

Congrats,EJsGirl!! :slight_smile:

Yay EJsGirl!

Is EJsSon happy about this?:slight_smile:

a second one? the first has not driven you completely nuts yet? :slight_smile:
Congrats – best of luck and a healthy 9 months to you.

iampunha, I haven’t told the kidlet because I don’t think he’ll understand. After all, a sentence without the words “Elmo” or “truck” in it just doesn’t get his attention! But most 2 1/2 year olds like babies, if only to poke them & see what they do.

I hope the little prince isn’t too put out by the birth. Grandma’s good about stuff like that though- making sure he’ll get presents when the baby does, taking him out for special “big kid” stuff, etc.

However, I fear that another baby will be the straw that breaks the dog’s back. He already feels so neglected, as he was an only child for a long time. Luckily, he’s a Newfoundland, which are just about the best breed for kids, so he’s happy enough and nice, if a bit despondent.

I may do a “pregnancy diary” thread, with weekly updates about what’s going on with my body and the baby’s. It might be interesting for others contemplating parenthood. Oh no, an “Ask the Pregnant Chick” thread!

Congrats, EJsGirl!

I’m due (supposedly) in March but that’s as specific as I can get right now. I haven’t had any real nausea at all but everytime I eat a bite of anything it feels like I’ve eaten a twenty-course meal and I can’t move for an hour! I’m just starting to get over the tiredness and not too soon!

I think the pregnancy diary thread will be good–I can ask you hundreds of questions!

Darlin’,

When are you due? I am planning this shower after Christmas, because Beth is planning on having my godchild on my birthday, February 18. :slight_smile: Sorry, Beth, couldn’t resist.

But if you are due much before her, I will have to get moving sooner.

Scotti