Yes, I do have zits. Thanks for noticing.

Oh Christ, that was too, too funny.

Does that mean I can’t say stuff like “Hey, that third eye you got growing just winked at me.”?

Come on, I got grey hairs (I will later deny this admission and claim alien mind control if pressed about it) and thats just off the top of my head. I bet anyone who says crap to you has at least one flaw that you can zing them for.

Tell you what, anyone gives you shit for it you send me a photo of them and I’ll give you a laundry list of stuff to make them regret it.

Try this next time someone nails you about the unformed twin you got growing on ya, just lean over next to him/her and whisper “Look, I don’t want to get personal but if you are going to eat out a hobos ass before talking to me you might want to grab a breath mint. k?”. Smile when you say it, like you are being a friend, trust me no one is self-confident about breath. We all think our breath smells so it is an easy target.

Well, Vix, I’ve not met you as yet. I betcher bitchin’ :smiley:

My mother has/had what you have. From pre-puberty, into her 50’s. It pretty much settled back the last 10 years or so. When Mom was a late teenager, she was so painfully aware, that she had radiation treatments for it. Yep, she got her face flooded with radiation. For a few days, her skin was unblemished as not seen for years.

Then, it came back worse than she’d ever experienced it. And, lucky lady that she is, she got thyroid cancer as a result of said radiation.

I grew up hearing other people’s cruel comments to ME, and to HER about her acne. Motherfuckers. Get a life, and find something else to talk about besides someone’s appearance. Like they don’t KNOW???

<----all damned riled up now. I feel for you by proxy, Vix. A lifetime of seeing my Mom suffer this makes me wish that your roommates mom gags on Ajax, and dies a horrible chlorine-engorged death.

Cartooniverse

Apparently, this thread (and its excessive praise of my supposed beauty) will continue to embarrass me for a while. I guess I can live with that. :smiley:
Whoa, Cartooniverse, that’s such a sad story. I hope your Mom’s ok now.

Just thought I would make you feel a little better about the Accutane thing. I took it when I was 16. My face actually cracked down the sided of my cheeks. It was a painful process. When I got done with the treatment, my skin was beautiful. Guess what? It don’t last. Now I’m pregnant (the baby is ok, no salamanders) and my face has busted out like June.
So whenever you see all the pretty-skinned people with flawless skin know that it hurt getting that way, and it’s ain’t pretty when it’s over.

OooOoooooooh! Zits! Wanna come over? I LOVE popping zits. I’m kinda pathetic that way, but I can’t help it, it’s FUN dammit! People with zits RULE! :smiley:

Anyway, I wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t said it. Zits are just something that is often found on skin. They don’t phase me and I don’t really notice. And like everyone else said, you’re very pretty :slight_smile:

Ugh, zits suck.
I don’t get acne, and my zits aren’t as bad since I started Clearasil, but the worst part of big pimples-they HURT!
Seriously, those big blind ones that take forever to come to a head? OUCH! And then when I do squeeze them, it’s very addicting!

Hey, vix, I’ve been there myself…you say you’re on 3 different prescription medications, & I was wondering if your doctor has you on that totally useless regimen of oral antibiotics (typically tetracycline) & Retin-A? I was on that for 5 years & all I noticed was that my skin, where the pimples weren’t, peeled off. UGH!!! Plus there were the side effects from the antibiotics, like diarrhea (yuck) & yeast infections (double yuck!!) Anyway, FWIW, I’ve been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen (which is also a birth control pill) for about 2 years now, & it has worked wonders for me. Not that I never get pimples, but I’m generally pretty clear except when I’m PMSing.

Since this is the Pit, I’d also like to extend a hearty FUCK YOU to everybody who tells me I’ll grow out of my oily skin & acne. My father is 53 & he has yet to grow out of it, so blow me. We’re Jewish, OK? It’s genetic. In about 20 years, I’m gonna laugh my ass off at all the shiksas who told me I’d grow out of it cuz I’m gonna look about 10 years younger than them. In the meantime, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Stop whining, you whiny whiner!

And that crack about the taxi? Next time your friends should take all your money and metrocards and make you walk!

Damned beautiful whiners who whine.

Ack, the evil zit curse. First of all, vix, you’re gorgeous. I didn’t notice any zits when I met you.

Second of all, I had an ance problem when I was younger. My mom finally convinced me to go to a dermatologist, but nothing he gave me worked. Finally he put me on momocycline, which was relatively new at the time. He forgot to tell me that chubby white teenage girls have a very high rate of getting pseudo tumor cerebrum from monocycline. After about a month of feeling like shit, I got a killer headache and ended up in the emergency room at Hopkins when I couldn’t see but for bright lights. Turns out the monocycline made my body produce too much spinal fluid, which then forced my poor brain to the front of my skull, causing killer headaches and obscuring my vision.

I ended up having two extremely painful spinal taps. I had to see a neurologist and get CAT scans every two months for a year. I had to get vision tests once a month for 18 months. I had to take medecine intended for elderly people with cataracts and passed out at school from the side effects. It was absolute hell, and I won’t even get started on how the doctor told me that there was a “strong possibility” that I had brain cancer. Did I mention the spinal taps?

So the moral of my story is, tell 'em to kiss your ass. It’s not worth it, really. My skin isn’t perfect, but I don’t really care anymore. Clear skin was not worth what I went through.

I know some people, if you know what I mean, if you want me to have the bitch taken out. It’ll cost ya, but it’s worth it.

Jaysus! I’m having a really hard time believing that my most-read thread ever is about fuckin’ zits…

You know, I had sort of been considering drugs stronger than the topical stuff I’m using now (which still have a load of scary possible side-effects) but after reading about the nasty-ass face-exploding, brain-swelling, salamander-birthing crap that can happen, I think I’ll pass.

Oh, and Biggirl, you’re hilarious. I totally deserved that. :smiley: (And I still owe ya a beer…)

vix, let me add my voice to the chorus of those who have met you and didn’t notice a damned thing wrong with your complexion.

Oh, and zen101, this

just made me crack up. I mean, are you sure* they’re only on the top of your head? Have you checked? :smiley:

I too suffer from adult acne, and always will. Mostly it is due to my outrageously fucked-up hormones. Nothing I try helps - it is absolutely heartbreaking. The only time I get free of it is if I spend a lot of time in the sun - it seems to just “burn” away. However, I worry a bit about skin damage, so I don’t go in the sun that much.

My adult acne and naturally oily complexion is something I fight each day. It has made me cry times too numerous to count. And made me want to hurt ass-goblins that point it out, or make fun of it on myself or anyone else. And made me want to hurt myself too. I just can’t believe that the Dopers who have met me don’t run in terror…

Ugh…I hate it when my sister or my mom says, “YOuve got a big zit.” No SHIT!
Of course, I’ll say the same thing to them. Tit for tat.

What I hate is the drier my skin gets, the worse the zits are. I start using rubbing alcohol on the zit. The skin gets really dry and peels…but the zit is still there.

That reminds me, I gotta hit the clearasil. (It’s Mister Monthly Visitor, who brought me a few as presents. Oh joy.)

And they HURT-they do!

Ugh, my mother used to call me “The Clearasil Kid” in front of other people. She’s not a cruel person, but people who’ve never had skin problems can be totally ignorant.

Thank you. She is. On the outside. :mad:

<—feeling like more and more of a shithead as the weeks go by about my Anth thread. :frowning:
Cartooniverse

You know, after reading this thread, I am not so hinky. I have been walking around for several days thinking about something my mother said. She says to me the other day, “when are you getting married?” I tell her at the end of the year probably and she tells me that it really isn’t necessary to get married if you aren’t going to have kids. Silence. I wondered what the hell she meant and I now think that it didn’t matter what she meant, it was bloody rude. I am happy the bitch lives 3000 miles from me. But the point is, you expect this sort of shit from your mother, but from a fucking house guest? I hope your room mate’s mother has a botox accident at the dermy and she has that freakish, taut, blissed out look on her face forevermore. Don’t hesitate to mention that she looks like she has ten pounds of wet liver in her bloomers and that a scrunch or two now and then would tighten that tummy right up. Hope your face clears up…

Chronolicht

Having met you, I think you’re a very attractive woman.

Sua

Holy Guacamole! I can’t believe that happened to you, Sarah! That sucks!

Vix–I never noticed any zits, but here is a limerick for you anyway:

There once was a lady called vix
Who’s had pimples since she was just six.
They’re giant and red,
And sometimes in bed,
She picks 'em and pops 'em for kicks.

I tell you what…I’ll take him out and you get his mother. :smiley:

Seriously, I think when people go out of their ways to point out people’s flaws like that, it’s most often somebody who can only feel like they’re worth a shit by putting other people down.

She may even have genuinely meant it as help, but I have my doubts. So I think the only solution is violence. Let’s kick her ass.