Yet another sex question (adults only)

With the knowledge that 2 healthy, normal, heterosexual people are having sex, with the utmost care to not enpregnate the female participant, which is more dangerous?

• unprotected anal sex
  • unprotected vaginal sex

I know that it’s incredibly stupid to do either, but are the dangers of anal sex so significant as to outweigh the chance of pregnancy on vaginal sex?

Yes, I use protection by the way.

Why is it incredibly stupid to do either? :confused:

I think the OP is refering to the risk of being infected/infecting with sexually transmitted diseases (STD).

sethdallob, it would help if you could provide some context. Why are you asking the question? Are you talking about yourself? What do you mean by healthy normal hetrosexuals? Do you mean as opposed to unhealthy abnormal homosexuals? Probably not, but you never know.
:wink:

sorry, that last jab was over the top.

Anal sex is not particularly dangerous if neither is infected with a disease that can be transmitted through anal sex. If neither has HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis A, syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, chancroid, lymphogranuloma venereum, donavanosis, human papillomavirus, herpes, giardiasis, amebiasis, pubic lice, scabies, salmonellosis, shigellosis, campylobacter, rotavirus, poliomyelitis, etc. then I don’t think there is much chance of harm except an increased risk of urinary tract infection possibly for both partners.

The biggest danger to the female participant, apart from STD’s, is tearing her anus.

The biggest danger to the male participant, apart from STD’s, is… uh, none that I can think of, but IANAD. Of course, having poop on your johnson (and at the entrance to your urethra) can’t be good.

Yeah but seth said ‘With the knowledge that 2 healthy’ this implies they don’t have any STD’s.

I would say anal sex is the most risky because of risk of fissures.

This question is a pile of contradictions.

If you are both healthy, theres no risk of disease. So thats not a risk that applies in this hypothetical. If you are taking the utmost care not to become pregant, well that pretty much negates the other major risk.

If we take your question in the most literal sense, the only risk involved is that of physical harm, which would pretty clearly fall on the side of anal sex.

I get the impression this isn;t what you’re asking, but unless you rephrase the question there’s not much we can say.

In a non-theoretical sense, I’d like to say that the biggest risk is having the partner in charge of the speed/power regulation not realize that anal and vaginal sex are two different things and require different techniques. It’s not all “insert somewhere warm, preferably wet, repeat.”

Assuming whoever’s in charge of those things remembers to start slow, use enough lube, and pay attention, you could go through weeks of the stuff, buy Astro-Glide in five-gallon buckets, and have no adverse consequences other than two constant stupid grins.

Corr

Well, a lot of what I was asking about was answered. I guess I wanted to know if the danger of inpregnating a partner through vaginal sex is better/worse than the danger of doing something bad through anal sex, assuming that the relationship is monogamous, and both participants are disease free.

This isn’t something that can be answered. One can’t objectively weigh the small physical danger of anal sex with the chances of becoming pregnant during vaginal sex. It’s subjective and you must decide which risks are most acceptable for yourself. IMHO, asking your partner which acts she is comfortable with (or is willing to try) is the best place to start.

“Something bad?” Like what?

How small is small? Just about everything I’ve read says that you’re really asking for trouble with anal sex, but those reports might have things like diseases etc. factored in.

If you have a long term relationship with a woman and have unprotected (and by unprotected, I’m assuming you mean anti-pregancy measures) sex, the odds are against you. I had a long term relationship (2 1/2 years) with a woman who prefered anal sex as a birth control method. Neither of us had any health associated problems due to this - and no pregnancy.
I hope this answers your question.

What about oral sex (protected or not)?

I know the danger is probably small, but one imagines there have been a non-zero number of accidental Bobbittastrations in the course of human history.

Perhaps the danger is proportional to the size of the member in question, particularly if such incidents are associated with gagging or choking.