You did say pointless, didn't you?

Well, I broke my thumb playing volleyball today (sure makes typing this an experience), so I had some spare time to think of some things in life that I find pointless.

Perfume/Cologne (If you stink, bathe. If you don’t stink, what’s the point?)

Revolving Doors (Cool when I was a kid but, quite frankly, there are people I just don’t want to be with in a small, enclosed area.)

Stepside/Flareside Pickup Trucks (The small bed kind of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?)

Two-wheel Drive Pickup Trucks (In the Michigan winters, you might as well walk.)

High-Beam Headlights (Exist only to annoy oncomming traffic.)

Yogurt (Blech!)

Celine Dion (See Yogurt.)

Can’t think of anymore. Painkillers are kickin’ in. ZZZzzzzzzz…

It’s helps ward off yeast infections.

Well, YOU brought it up!

I put perfume in the “make-up” category. I know WHY it’s used but I rarely use any of it. I use make-up more than perfume though. I tend to forget perfume and, when I do remember it, it’s usually at a function where most women will be wearing it anyway so I figure I’ll resist joining in the myriad of competing scents.

Making up the bed. Never inderstood that.

Hope the thumb’s better, Sly.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

MTV’s the Real World. Why on earth would I watch some other peoples’ glamorous, miserable lives?? I have my own glamorous, miserable life to lead.

Gotta disagree on the high-beams – us folks who live where it actually gets dark when the sun goes down need them

Foundation make-up is pointless, I think. If you have good skin, you don’t need it. If you don’t have good skin, you can’t hide it and that gooky stuff will just make it worse.

And – this is off the subject but I think those new pickle shapes are super – the big pickles sliced thin for “stacking” and the round ones sliced to just fit your burger – now that was a good idea!

yogurt helps yeast infections? do you just use plain or is the fruit required too?

Oh you meant eating it… nevermind…

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

How about horse racing? There’s something that seems totally pointless to me.

Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
- Ambrose Bierce

something i find pointless is people who order the big mac combo meal super sized and a diet coke

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

I thought of another one:

Doctors Office Appointments (Had an appointment at 10:30. Sat in the waiting room until 11:45. Doctor said, “Yep, thumb’s broken. Keep the splint on it. Come see me in two weeks”. Gee, thanks, asshole!)

Fashion shows. The Gucci/Versace kind. They always have these outrageous, hideous costumes on strangely groomed women. Stuff that I wouldn’t wear if it would pay off my mortgage.

Miss USA and other bimbo parades. What’s the point? You’re so obscure after the initial ceremony. Maybe you talk at a few highschools about “self esteem.” Maybe open a few supermarkets, but unless you do something stupid, no one notices you until they pry the crown out of your hands for the next twit. It’s not like you get a career, no matter how well you did in the talent scores.

Sunday liquor laws. “Oh no!” exclaimed the unhappy alcoholic. “The liquor store is closed! Nothing better to do . . . so I guess I’ll to go to church!” Drinking on Sunday is a sin, I guess, so their reasoning must be that if I can’t buy it, I can’t offend any religious people by my consumption. Is this vaguely unconstitutional to anybody else?

Gee, I hate to blow it for you, but those stupid revolving doors really do have a purpose. On big buildings, they can save enough warm air in the winter and cool air in the summer to pay an average guy’s salary. And they keep that nasty artic blast off the receptionist. And they make it a hell of a lot easier to keep the air flow patterns stable in the building. You had to ask…

- Easystreet

Yeah, easystreet, but doesn’t a vestibule serve the same purpose without causing traffic backups? I saw a kid get his arm caught in a revolving door once. It wasn’t pretty.

Lissa:

YES, YES, YES (sorry for screaming). Thank You ! When I am King the first to go will be asinine laws mandated by oppressive religions. Or in lieu thereof, I will vote for the first candidate that makes (and keeps) his/her promise to shitcan them. Unless it’s Hillary of course.

Oblio

A point in every direction is like no point at all