Here are the rules. (My thread, my rules)
You get one wish… With this wish, you can do anything in the world that you want to do.
However, you cannot wish for
- more wishes.
- a large, fixed amount of money. - (wishing for a million dollars sounds great, but it can permit you to do a number of different things. I don’t want money to be a barrier. You get one shot, so if your wish costs $5 or $5 million, it doesn’t matter.)
- death on another person/group
- something that is illegal or immoral.
- things that are impossible. i.e., you can’t being grandma back to life if she is already gone. You can’t time travel, Marty McFly, or grant yourself x-ray vision, or be invisible, go through a black hole, etc.
- something that doesn’t have anything to do with YOU. For instance, you may want to wish to cure the world of bone cancer, but that’s not permitted. However, if you personally have a terminal illness, you can wish for that to be cured,
- you are permitted to do something that is for you and you alone. You must be selfish. Giving your wish away is not permitted,
8). This wish is for you to do with as you want. Want to take that trip? Own a small island? (Not England or Japan or Manhattan… But some small deserted place in the South Pacific is fine.). Whatever you desire! (Fleur de Lis). Feel free to be selfish.
- you CANNOT wish to have sex with your dream girl/guy.
- this is not about making money or having a successful future. You can wish to star in a movie, but you can’t wish to be a movie star. One thing is a one shot deal, the other is a long-term wish. You also can’t wish for your favorite sports team to win a championship.
I hope that gives us enough parameters. I’m sure someone will come up with something that doesn’t exactly fit, but i’m not grading you, so give it a shot. The biggest thing to remember is that the wish is for you and you alone. No one else but you should benefit. And you have an unlimited amount of funds to do whatever you want to do.
With all that, what will it be?
I’ll go first.
I would like to take a trip to the moon, and walk on its surface. I would love to see an earth-rise. And I would like to return safety to Earth.
It’s been done before, so i know with unlimited funds and resources at my disposal, it could happen. And i don’t want to go to Mars because it would take too long.
You are up, Dopers!