You laughed when they went after the Teletubbies

But now they want Spongebob Squarepants
Its a free registration but here is the gist:

"Now, Dr. Dobson said, SpongeBob’s creators had enlisted him in a “pro-homosexual video,” in which he appeared alongside children’s television colleagues like Barney and Jimmy Neutron, among many others. The makers of the video, he said, planned to mail it to thousands of elementary schools to promote a “tolerance pledge” that includes tolerance for differences of “sexual identity.”

Don’t these knuckleheads have anything better to do with their time?
What about helping to feed the poor, build a park, make a model, read a feaking book! Anything to keep their hands and minds occupied and not think about gay people.

I have to suffer Dr. Dobson, because I can see his Focus on the Family building from where I work. I would however, officially like to apologize to the rest of the nation that we can’t keep him busier here in Colorado.

I for one think Barney and Jimmy Neutron are totally Spongeworthy.

If you were in reach, you would have been slapped for that. Hard. I should know, I’m the one usually getting slapped for making bad puns.

Yeesh.

I for one apologize for my family, which thinks Dobson is All That.

Oy. And gevalt.

I’m sure they’ll go after the Spongemonkeys next. Those guys are obviously gay!

I read about this on the BBC’s page. Some of it actually had me laughing out loud. I can’t decide which is my favorite part –

OH MY! Actually linked to a… to a… to a pledge?! Won’t someone think of the children?

Oh. I see Mr. Batura already is.

I wish I could have seen the facial contortions on Mr. Rodgers’ face as he first realized the video was under attack, then realized

Oh my. Please don’t apologize. The world needs more humor like this.

cough spongmonkeys cough

They don’t like any competition in the brainwashing kids department.

And you’ll probably try to tell me it’s Spongbob Squarpants too, I suppose!

No, no…that’s the new transsexual cartoon character patterned off of the famous Episcopal bishop John Shelby Spong…

Spongbob Squawpants…

That close and you’ve never brought a bazooka to work? Slacker.

Pshaw. Anything that keeps him out of state is fine by me. Maybe he won’t be able to find his way back.

::: gives a haughty Episcopalian “Hmmmmph” to JayJay’s comment ::::

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure if I whooshed you or not, but they actually are spelled that way.

This Years Model wrote “That close and you’ve never brought a bazooka to work? Slacker.”

I would but the Air Force Academy frowns on employees bringing on base anything larger than a pocketknife, and they aren’t too sure about those.

I just wish the Reverand Doctor Dobson and his ilk would just get their collective minds off buggery. It can’t be healthy thinking about it all the time. Really.

And here I thought that SpongeBob was gonna have his best day ever!
Are these people on drugs?

Now, I will say that Patrick doesn’t do it for me, but Squidward…heh.

I could use a tentacle or two!
:smiley:

Isn’t this the same schmoe who insisted Mighty Mouse was snorting coke?

You’ve got fighters and bombers at work and you’ve … Never mind.
Slacker.

You may already know this, but there’s a retired Episcopalian bishop named John Spong who some holds some mildly (heh) controversial views on Christianity in general. He’s relatively famous, at least as far as Episcopal bishops go…

Eh, I just figure Mr. Dobson and his posse are pissed simply because the Nickelodeon PSA doesn’t urge kids to hunt down homosexuals and hang 'em from the nearest tree. (No burning at the stake, kids – fire is dangerous!)

</sarcasm>

I think I’ll go buy my son a boxed set of Spongebob Squarepants DVDs now, just to piss Dobson off further. :smiley:

Sez who? :smiley: