I think my single biggest laugh from the show was when Bender had Zoidberg star in a dancing contest and then whipped Zoidberg for not being good enough, followed by the line:
“I’m supposed to be weeping!”
It was was an awesome scene.
My overall favorite has to be the 100th cup of coffee though.
Fry: t’s horrible! Eating scraps; letting my waste drop wherever it falls, like an animal in a zoo!
Leela: Animals go in the corner.
Fry: The corner! Why didn’t I think of that?
[QUOTE=Raguleader]
Speaking of Futurama, I found out tonight that Dolomite wasn’t just made up for Futurama, although all of the properties ascribed to it on that show were.
[/QUOTE]
It’s also a reference to Dolemite. You know, “that righteous black mineral that don’t cop out when there’s heat all about.”
Another 2 laugh out loud moments on the tube the other day, the penguin rescue episode; Fry and Zoidberg taken off penguin cleaning duty for eating their eggs and Fry’s rescue of Bender and Leela sending the persuing penguins straight into a killer whale’s mouth
[QUOTE=Raguleader]
The end of the episode about Fry’s dog. My room mate and I watched that episode, and after the credits rolled, there was just this silent moment, followed by my room mate saying “Man, that was kinda depressing.”
One of those times where Futurama practiced it’s ability to get bits of loose dust in my eyes. Not many animated shows that can do that.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that was a poignant moment:
‘I will wait for you if it takes forever’.
An English version of a French song from ‘Les Parapluies de Cherbourg’. It’s sung by Connie Francis, I believe. I have tried for a long time to find that versionj of the song to download but noone, legal or illegal, seems to have it. Perhaps I imagined it.
An English version of a French song from ‘Les Parapluies de Cherbourg’. It’s sung by Connie Francis, I believe. I have tried for a long time to find that versionj of the song to download but noone, legal or illegal, seems to have it. Perhaps I imagined it.
[/QUOTE]
You imagined nothing. Legal, you say? How does thirteen cents American sound?
[QUOTE=kaylasdad99]
Legal, you say How does thirteen cents American sound?
[/QUOTE]
There are discussions around the legality of allofmp3.com, to put it mildly. The wiki page goes into it to quite some depth.
Personally, I don’t see there’s much difference between buying from that site and just grabbing it off bittorrent. Either way, the people who made the music won’t see a penny and you’ll be in a bit of a legal limbo. You’ll be keeping some russian in sharp suits and gold-plated cellphones, but I don’t see that as being worth the $0.13
I love the one where Hermes is about to drop the box that contains their universe into the sun. He puts it into the airlock and is ready to push the button when the rest of the crew hops out of the box and yells at him to not push the button. He looks at them and then again at the button while we hear him contemplate what to do. I love how it takes a few seconds before he decides to help them in.
[QUOTE=Surbey]
I love the one where Hermes is about to drop the box that contains their universe into the sun. He puts it into the airlock and is ready to push the button when the rest of the crew hops out of the box and yells at him to not push the button. He looks at them and then again at the button while we hear him contemplate what to do. I love how it takes a few seconds before he decides to help them in.
[/QUOTE]
Hermes’ casual dislike for everyone in the crew is hilarious. From the same episode:
Hermes: Here, Leela, take this gun and use it to shoot those guys.
Leela: Right, if they try to look in the box.
Hermes: shrug Whatever.