Your Sig line is too fucking long!

So why’d you post your old signature, Konrad? First you slam people for displaying them, then you share yours. Wierd.

-andros-

Don’t read this, Konrad.

Testing a reply to this thread…

Kelli: did you actually post a message above with a sig line longer than the message?

Please note the lack of a sig line in this posting :).

Cheers!
-Chip
(actually typed closing; NOT a sig line!)

Sorry, kelli, but as much as I respect your desires, I’m not giving up my sig jut because some bimbo young enough to be my daughter doesn’t have an attention span that’s long enough to remember the beginning of the sentence by the time that she slogs through to the end.
I will use a different one in this forum, however, just to allow that tremulous smile to creep over your features.

Before you ask the question, be certain that you want to know the answer.

Well your overly detailed, boring, tedious lament about getting to work Monday was too long. So skip the sig lines

So, there’s (at least)one poster who likes my sig, and another (Polycarp) who gets a cranial enima everytime he sees it.

Cool.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Barking dogs behind locked doors.

I only communicate by means of .sig lines and subtext.

After hours of personal reflection and thorough review of the deeply serious issue brought to attention by dear Kelli, and consultation with my family, friends, advisors, attorneys, and pastors; Sig line abuse is a deeply serious problem, more so than alcohol abuse and suicide.

After gathering our brightest minds, who were misapproiated on trivial issues such as AIDS, Global Warming, Alzheimers, Poverty, etc., and having them work day and night, we feel we have come to a solution, to the life and death issue of unwarranted abuse of sig lines. What follows is a demostration:

T lyng,chtng,stlng,nd drnkng.lwys l t sv frnd,cht dth,stl yr lv’s hrt,nd drnk wth gd frnds.
Mdsn Mchl
[edited for space]

and i mean that in all seriousness

Please allow me to lengthen this post by two additional lines with a content-free sig.

The following was my signature for a couple of days.

Reportedly, Sir. Humphrey Appleby’s longest sentence…

Well, it’s clear that the committee has agreed that your new policy is a really excellent plan but in view of some ofthe
doubts being expressed, may I propose that I recall that after careful consideration, the considered view of the
committee was that while they considered that the proposal met with broad approval in principle, that some of the
principles were sufficiently fundamental in principle and some of the considerations so complex and finely balanced in
practice, that, in principle, it was proposed that the sensible and prudent practice would be to submit the proposal for
more detailed consideration, laying stress on the essential continuity of the new proposal with existing principles, and
the principle of the principle arguments which the proposal proposes and propounds for their approval, in principle.
(Appleby wa s a fictitious civil service servant.)

Needless to say, it was a stupid thing to do.
Veera.

You guys are a bunch of bananas!

I dont care how long your sigs are, I just wanted to demonstrate how much more fun you can have by varying them, or the efficiency of a ‘short & sweet’ sig line.

If you read the thread closely you will notice one of the sigs I ‘slammed’ was that of my darling Daniel P Bostaph, who can rarely do any wrong in my eyes.

Just food for thought kiddies.

Akatsukami…I am 30…are you really old enough to be my father? And who are you calling a bimbo…well, ok, I am, but dont get cocky now!

And Monty, you bonehead…that was Byzantines sig line I quoted!

Anyway, I really dont care what y’all put under your posts, I was merely making conversation…so to speak.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

“Making conversation?” Hmmm…nice way to start a conversation - with fucking in all caps and exclamation points. Sounds angry to me. Could it be poor Kel didn’t expect to get such negative/sarcastic reactions? Return to your lengthy reports of your daily mundane activities - some people seem to like those.

Andros sez:

Andros: Attention insolent toad.

I wrote I didn’t want to read people’s taglines EACH TIME they post.

That is all.

Stupidity is punishable by death.

kellibelli exclaims in astonishment:

If I’d worked at it as assiduously as some on this board claim to have, why, yes, piece of pie. Of course, I have no interest whatsoever in actually being your father (nor, I daresay, do you have any particular interest in being my daughter).

You, dear.

I assure you, I can’t “get cocky”; if I were anymore so, I’d have to push a Radio Flyer in front of me (psychologically speaking, of course).

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

testing, just move along now

Sycorax, I didnt really find the responses that negative…this is,afterall,the pit. I just wanted to make it clear that I dont dislike anyone on the basis of their sig line. I wasnt sure if it came across that way or not.

Alphagenes smartass quote of my reply to her thread very sharply illustrated the expected: post a topic, get called a facist…blah blah blah. I believe andros picked right up on that and tongue in cheekily made his ‘flame’ at me.

Of course the op was a bit harsh…its the pit! What would you prefer?
Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, could you please reduce the redundancy of your sig lines?

Oh yeah, THAT will generate a fervor.

Both of your replies on this thread indicate you have a problem with the topics I post…
[sarcasm]
what are you ? Satans assistant? If I wont change my ways for the major dark one, those pansy ass comments of yours arent gonna do it.
[/sarcasm]
All my threads are clearly marked, if you arent interested, dont read them, I promise we wont talk about you when you arent there. :wink:

It is much easier to skip a boring thread by an author you dislike than to be reading an interesting thread and have to routinely scroll down because some jackass with a two paragraph sig. keeps posting short responses and feels compelled to put their sig on EVERY POST! Thats my beef, and if you say it has never annoyed you at all…well then you are a far better man than I.

OK, Kon-tiki:

Implying that you don’t have a tagline now, have no patience or respect for them, and think only immature 12-year-olds would have one. Excellent start to a flame. Eight and a half out of ten. And it continues well:

That’s good too. Implies that sig lines are entirely the opposite of “pearls of wisdom.” You’re doing well, nine of ten aggregate. But then, after all that nicely vented bile, you decide to blow it all by showing us your own woefully unfunny and unoriginal “tagline.” Ouch.

I didn’t mind, but the Czech judge hated it. Brings you down to a 5.5 for the flame as a whole. Not a qualifying score, I’m afraid.

But then you try to influence the judges by asking to be taken literally:

Yes, you said you didn’t want to read peoples’ crap each time they post. If you meant to say that you didn’t want to see the same crap every time, you were a bit unclear. It appeared to the judges that you were railing against any “pearls of wisdom.”

If the judges were indeed mistaken, you might get a boost to 7.4 or so–possibly enough for bronze medal contention.

'Course “insolent toad” is worth about 2.3 out of ten. At best.

xxoo
-andros-

Don’t read this, Konrad.

You forgot to say “Bite Me”, Andros!

kellibelli said,

" What are you ? Satan’s assistant ? "
I think my next sig. line will be----------
Ayesha/Lioness

Yes, I am an agent of satan, but my duties are mainly ceremonial.
Sorry kelli, I couldn’t help myself ! :wink:

pulling up the red wagon for Akatsukami

Kelli, I have noticed that you have a tendency to post something in a slighty, or even outright, harsh manner and back down as soon as you get any kind of negative feedback.

In my mind, you are one of the worst offenders for making the Pit all mushy and nicety nice. You even go into threads and try to get everyone to quit fighting. It’s the fucking pit. There are supposed to be arguments and fights.

Stay out of the pit if the fighting and name-calling bothers you.

trisha

(hey, I believe, but am not sure, that I might have just tried to take everyone to Cuba)