Your view of Islam, summed up in one word

Nah.

And which branch of Islam would you like this board to be “harsh” against? The extremist conservative groups? The conservative groups that keep themselves to themselves, while still integrating into the communities that they live in and being productive and contributing members of society? The liberal groups whom, if you looked at them, you’d never guess they were Muslim, till you asked if they wanted a bacon sandwich?

Intolerant. Obviously it’s difficult to sum something so complex into one word but that’s probably what’s become it’s most glaring attribute in modern times. That and so widely interpreted to suit whatever the needs of the practicioner happen to be. Seems like the writings on the Koran often carry more weight than the words of the Koran itself.

I put “submission”, since that what Islam is, submission to God.

Babysitters. I have Muslim neighbors whose kids are enough older than mine to have babysat for my kids. I have placed the health, safety, and lives of my children in the hands of Muslims and had zero problem with that.

Same as all religions- Meh…

Most of the guys who stand around the little Islam chapel (?) in my building waiting for prayer services to start seem to wear about 4x the amount of personal fragrance that the average man wears, and by average I don’t mean anything other than “guys other than those standing around waiting for Islam prayer services,” and when I pass them on the way back from the cafeteria I nearly lose my lunch, so I guess my view of Islam is “dial it back on the cologne, guys.”

Disgusting.

I just voted irrational, irrational belief is the hallmark of all religion.

We’ll have to shorten that to “gag.”

I picked Abrahamic. Islam strikes me as an Old Testament religion preached AD. But it is very much in continuity with Christianity and Judaism. But more like Old Testament Judaism than early Christianity.

Regards,
Shodan

Where?

Geography and culture are going to tell me a lot more about a person than religion. Persian diaspora grad student in Paris? Sudanese refugee? Palestinian in a camp? Hui Chinese shopkeeper in Xi’an?

“Religion”. Seemed like the obvious choice.

What the hell is that fourth choice - “PeaceIn”?

Archaic. Islam today has about the same level of maturity as did Christianity 500 years ago. Recall the Crusades, the Inquisition, burning witches and so on.

Islam today is also ~600 years younger than Christianity…

And I will point out that there are branches of Islam which are forward looking, liberal and promote equality.

Exploited.

What little I’ve read and heard of the Koran has seemed pretty cool; just like if you stick by what Jesus is alleged to have said he’d be a hell of a mentor. (Sorry Jews, but Yahweh was a straight up dick.) Unfortunately, lots of hateful people with their own agendas have glommed onto something basically good and thoroughly corrupted it for their own ends.

Infidel!!!

I picked “incorrect,” because like all religions it has been proven wrong by modern science, as well as basic logic.

A talking snake? They cannot.

Omnipotence? Could Allah create a boulder so heavy Allah could not lift it?

Ridiculous.

I’d pick bullshit, but I’d pick that for any of the invisible man in the sky philosophies out there.

I picked “archaic,” but that’s how I feel about virtually all major organized religions. Heck, I’d say the same thing about Christianity, too.