You're all a bunch of illiterates!!

God! Is it too much to ask that I should be able to find a web-published English translation of Galen’s Commentaries on the Aphorisms of Hippocrates?

I mean, I used Dogpile, for goddess’ sake!

It’s not like I wanted the original Greek interlinears! Jeez.

I had to copy that off the ceiling of the damn Montreal Neurological Institute! I mean, really now. A dilettant of my stature. I’m so insulted.

…oh, fine. humph

How DARE you call us a bunch of Brian Bunnyhurts?!?!?

All your Dogpiles are belong to us.

Uh, matt? Is this what you’re looking for, or am I missing a joke? And if it’s a joke it’s ok, cos I’m used to being whooshed :stuck_out_tongue:

AAAAaugh! No, no, no, no, no!

That’s Galen’s Commentaries on Hippocrates’ On the Nature of Man!

I wanted Galen’s Commentaries on the Aphorisms of Hippocrates!
…I’m surrounded by incompetents.

[sub]crawls under her desk and hides

Look out, he’s gonna blow!

How about “The Amazing Adventures of Captain Gladys Stoutpamphlet and her Intrepid Spaniel Stig Amongst the Giant Pygmies of Beckles’…volume eight.”?

Look, I got your Exhortation to Study the Arts: To Menodotus. I got your On the Nature of Man. I got On the Elements According to Hippocrates, On Diagnosis from Dreams, and all three volumes of On the Natural Faculties. I got 'em, buddy. Right here.

But I ain’t got the damned Commentaries on the Aphorisms of Hippocrates. If you’re so hot for it, why don’t you just mosey on down to gutenberg.org and type it in for yourself.

Besides which, everybody knows Galenism is dead. What the hell do you care for?

Sheesh.

slight hijack:
I’ve seen “All your base are belong to us” in a couple of threads. What exactly does this mean, and where did ya get it from? Just curious.

http://www.angelfire.com/film/mortis/AYB.html

**Mercutio wrote:

Look out, he’s gonna blow!**

Oh, he already does that, and quite well, I’m told! :smiley:

mrvisible: gutenberg.org doesn’t have it. Can you believe it? What a bunch of ignorami.

Freyr: you don’t know the half of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Matt, I think you’re approaching this improperly. The 'net is a great font of information but it’s kinda limited.

Try searching for Galen’s Commentaries on the odd sexual proclivities of Hippocrates and all of his friends (annotated and illustrated). Betcha that one works…