You're in a Camaro! Take the fucking turn already!

This all stems from a lack of consideration for other drivers. It seems to be acceptable these days to say, “Fuck everyone else, I’ll drive the way I want!”

I regularly see people going 40 in a 50, with a huge line of cars behind them. Don’t these people notice? Why can’t they pull over and let people pass if they aren’t in a hurry? Because they are fucking dickheads, that’s why.

+1

I just wish the people in SUV’s and oversize trucks would kindly remember that those of us who still drive actual cars can not see through the big-ass SUV/truck sitting in the lane next to us, blocking our view of oncoming traffic unless we creep dangerously far into the intersection. If I can’t see oncoming traffic I’m not turning right on red.

You don’t have to be in a Camaro or equivalent to make a turn at some speed - even a Prius or Fit can take a street corner at 15 MPH or so. People who slow to a crawl, often in cars that could post a credible track time, to go around a wide, well-lit, dry, clean, unobstructed corner make me want to ram them. Especially when you’re stuck behind them for several such turns.

Second are the people who apparently learned to drive in a '36 Willys or a dump truck, and/or have such a monstrous ego that their every action behind the wheel must be of supreme importance and noteworthiness, and can’t make a fucking turn without swinging the other way a half to a full lane width.

Did a handful of posts just disappear?

Opps, sorry my bad there. Brain fart in combination with new/misbehaving computer.

That’s right - if you can’t see, it isn’t safe to make a turn, and I don’t recommend doing so (I don’t do so myself). If, however, as I stipulated in my previous post, it is legal and safe to do so, sitting there and making other people wait is a dick move.

I’ve seen an awful lot of that “swing right, turn left” lately, too - I blame it on people not having proper driver training. I can’t imagine a decent instructor allowing people to do this in a regular sized car or SUV, since there is zero reason for it, and lots of good reasons not to do it. As we’ve discussed previously many times, the best driving is predictable driving - putting on a turn signal and then going the opposite direction is not good driving.

It’s a Camaro. Of course he has a mullet. The only people who drive Camaros are 50-year-old recent divorcées and meth addicts with a mullet, depending on the year and condition. :smiley:

You don’t even wanna know who drives El Caminos.

Plus, in this town, the person in the second lane from the right is equally likely to try and himself turn right cutting across me anyway:mad:. Add to it like Robot Arm mentions, I’ve often found myself in the situation where I could have made turn except that someone who had been coming in the far lane decides he wants to switch two lanes over to the right exactly as he approaches the intersection.

However if my cars have the pick-up to use a reasonable gap under legal and safe conditions, and I have a clear shot, I will make the turn – but don’t honk for me to make it ten seconds quicker.

As for the swing-out drivers, yeah, really, what’s with that? It’s like they want to make sure they are already perpendicular to the original trajectory by the time they cross the opposing lane.

Please, in Montreal stopping is an option :wink:

But do note - in most (if not all) jurisdictions you are required to come to a full stop prior to turning right on red.

Green lights, of course, do not require you to stop.

True. And, people who won’t turn right at a green light? Fuck 'em. Just go, all those pedestrians in the crosswalk will get out of the way.

I’m referring to completely clear, dry, unobstructed (including by pedestrians) corners where people feel obligated to come to a near-stop, if not a stop, in the traffic lane before slowly motoring around the corner. On a green light or with right of way. In a car that could probably make the turn at 40 MPH.

It may be illegal, but it’s commonplace in Houston, Tx, home of the worst drivers I’ve ever witnessed here or abroad. Right turn from left lane, left turn from right lane, stop for no reason, turn into heavy traffic without looking, no signals, wrong way on one-way-streets … you name it. Running red lights, no prob. Right turn on red? Ha, how about left turn on red, against heavy oncoming traffic. I hardly notice or comment on it anymore unless a loud crash accompanies the proceedings.

Ah, good to know. Everybody else seems to be talking about intersections with cars blocking their view, oncoming traffic, pedestrians, and less-than-nimble cars. YMMV.

Bold mine
As I read that your attitude, not your action, got you that ticket a ticket for being a 17 yr old snot-nosed driver -yes that is a ticketable offense in any jurisdiction. Grow up and grow a pair of whatever is gender appropriate to you, swallow your pride like a person who actually has secondary sexual characteristics appropriate for their gender class and merge in to society to help other members of the human family instead of being the obstruction.
Peace

Related rant: what’s up with people who come to a complete stop and then take 20 seconds turning right into a parking lot from a lane of traffic moving 45 mph? I especially hate this when the driver is in a vehicle that could handle the turn quickly and easily, but still forces me to stop behind him while he meanders through the turn. GAH! Just turn already!

Some truly awful sounds currently coming from my suspension indicate that sometimes you really should slow down before doing shit like that. YPLMV (your parking lots may vary)

amusing how you act like you were sitting in the passenger seat with me. I said nothing more than “I got a ticket for squealing tires when I was 17” and somehow you think you have some insight on how I interacted with the officer after he pulled me over. PROTIP: be less of a presumptuous ass. You don’t know shit about me or anything about that traffic stop.

shove it up your ass.