Youtube videos it's impossible not to literally LOL at

farting preacher

It seems mean to laugh, but when he hit the wall I lost it.

Assuming this guy was genuine, how can you be that bad and get to an Idol audition? Doesn’t he have people around him who can quietly tell him it might be best if he doesn’t sing in front of an audience? Seriously, I’m not familiar with that song but having youtubed a couple of real versions I can’t find any hint of the original tune (or any tune) in his rendition. And the kicker is he seems to think he didn’t get through because of song choice.

Funniest Liquor Store Burglary Ever!

“Squeak. Squeak. Squeeeak.”

“Mooouse. Come ONNN!”

Hilarious!!

:smiley:

I’ve wondered that, too. I mean, don’t most people who are that bad know that they are?

With respect, you’re not getting it. Idol is part freakshow. A guy who sings bizarrely while displaying total confidence due to being absolutely convinced of his talent is primo freakshow and thus entertaining, in a cringe inducing way. This equals ratings.

Seconded. Indeed, I think this should be an SDMB-wide rule.

Kitty in a sleeve.

Yeah I get that it makes good TV, I’m wondering about the guy’s family and friends. There are people who show up to the auditions who are obviously taking the piss, then are others who seem genuine. I just wonder how someone can be that bad and not realise it.

Translation of two cats talking.

There are plenty of them around. One suspects that sometimes they don’t have any friends, and the people who are telling them they’re good are taking the piss.

Although the linked vid (Obama’s speech to school kids) may make you laugh, MadTheSwine, your posting it is clearly a political jab not in the spirit of the thread.

Don’t do this again.

twickster, MPSIMS moderator

Agreed!

At least that guy’s vaguely in tune. You make a good point. I used to play guitar in a band that hosted open mic sessions and there was one guy who got up to sing some Beatles songs and he was truly awful, as bad as the chap singing the moses song. The thing is everyone cheered him on because he was so bad that he was entertaining. I guess he just thought everyone loved him.

How about Barry and Stuart and the Cube of Evil?

Most videos by Jon Lajoie, such as

Show Me Your Genitals
Show Me Your Genitals 2
Not Giving a Fuck
Everyday Normal Crew

Oops, wrong video

Best part is that I know all the guys in the wrong video pretty well, minus the perp.

Worst singer in history
Reporter turns ghetto in 3 seconds
Laughter is contagious
Arab on a treadmill
Funny 2g1c reaction

The frustrated RV Salesman.

Chimpanzee riding a Segway.

Do you have Black guy on a bike and Chinaman on the elliptical, too?