Zombieland: Double Tap

Did you know there was a sequel to Zombieland? I didn’t until a few days ago and just saw it in a nearly empty theater which is a shame because it was good. I really liked the first one and this one is basically more of the same which was fine by me.

A fun mix of comedy and horror. If you liked the first one at all, check this one out.

We knew. :smiley:

I saw it yesterday, theater was about half-full. I love the first Zombieland. I felt this was a very good sequel. It didn’t bring anything “new” per se but if you enjoyed the first movie there is a lot to like with this one too. In a way I am glad they didn’t really try to re-invent the magic that was the first one. Instead they just gave us more of what made the first fun even if it wasn’t new.

Things I really liked and disliked:

[ul]
[li]I did not expect to like the Madison character as much as I did. She was hilarious and the scenes between Columbus, Wichita, and Madison were laugh-out-loud funny.[/li][li]I kept expecting a call back to the “Seatbelt” rule when Madison was driving the clown van. In my head at any second she was going to hit an abandoned car and be ejected out the windshield. LOL[/li][li]Flagstaff and Albuquerque were fun additions but thankfully their presence was brief. I enjoyed those scenes, particularly the discussion of parking in Nevada’s driveway, but was glad they resolved the Tallahasse/Albuquerque and Flagstaff/Columbus parity.[/li][li]Speaking of Nevada… sexy![/li][li]I was disappointed we didn’t get more with the new evolved zombie types. Yes, the T800’s were kinda a recurring thing but with the initial set-up I expected more than was provided in the movie.[/li][li]Speaking of Nevada again… her role in the finale scene was really a bit absurd but you know… T800 zombies, Babylon hippy Gen Z nirvana, no guns, biofuel, etc., and at that point does it really matter?[/li][li]Bill Murray Zombie Slayer!!![/li][/ul]

Bumped.

Just saw it, and liked it.

Not as good as the first, but a worthy sequel, all in all, and it was great to see the cast back together again. The Elvis theme was fun, the ditzy, pink-clad Madison was hilarious (my favorite bit: her flying forward and hitting the dashboard when Tallahassee braked too abruptly), and I liked the uncannily-similar pairings of Albuquerque/Flagstaff and Tallahassee/Columbus. Wish they’d had more about Tallahassee’s love of Twinkies, though. The Bill Murray / Garfield 3: Flabby Tabby stinger was awesome, of course.

Why not do a sequel every decade?: Zombieland: Double Tap - Wikipedia

It was pretty good standing on its own, but I found it disappointing compared to the original.