Pre-emptive 24 thread

Wow, is this episode great or what?

I just had to comment on it. More to come.

Holy crap. They just keep roping me in.

What the hell happened with Kim? I mean, COME ON!!!

Spoilers…

Not to start nitpicking, but I think that the bad guys were keeping tabs on Kim. They were waiting till the cops decided to move her to strike. I just hope that Kim’s kidnappers weren’t the same guys who left from the prison, but rather they just happened to have the same red vans. I guess they’re really determined to get her.

Wow this episode had me sitting on the edge of my seat. especially the beginning. And that tension between Palmer and his assistant (Patty?)…I thought I sensed something way back in the beginning, and now it’s been confirmed.

The next 3 episodes look like they’re gonna be great.

Kim getting re-kidnapped totally took me by surprise. Yowza! I suppose it’s possible that The Bad Guys were always keeping an eye on Kim, but the first thought that popped into my head is that they were tipped off by The Mysterious Insider at CTU. God, I hope it’s not Tony… so I know it’s going to be. Damn. And if it IS, I hope his motivation isn’t jealousy. Now, if Nina is Bad, then she can be jealous all she wants. A little hackneyed, but somewhat realistic, too, I guess.

Was I the only one who thought that Jack should have played the “What about Alexis?” card a lot sooner than he did? Like, maybe when there were still some good guys (Lou, for example) to back him up?

Also, at one point, I went “What the fuck??” I think it was when Mason, seemingly out of nowhere, started ragging on Nina for “picking up Almaeda on the rebound.” It so came out of nowhere, and made no sense. It wasn’t even Mason being an asshole; it was just random.

Wow, I’m Rambly McGee. I need sleep.
Quix

P.S. Stupid That 70s Show, making me wait an extra week. Plus, I don’t get to see Andy Richter Controls the Universe, my new favorite show. Life sucks, sometimes. :mad:

I just pray that our actual government isn’t as inept as depicted on this show.

Let’s see, we have two women who are confirmed targets of a very powerful terrorist organization… ok, put 'em in the unlocked house in the suburbs with 2 or 3 incompetent agents pretending to do yard work outside.

Ok we got 'em both back? Let’s try moving the girl with almost no protection, oh wait that didn’t work either.

These are just nitpicks though, I’m still enjoying the show. It seems to be getting back on track.

Oh, and one last nitpick, this show would have been much better IMO if they had cast actual actors from Kosovo, and they spoke their own language to each other (subtitled for us of course). I hate fake accents, especially since I’ve been to that area of the world (Slovakia, not too close, but still) and know what a real accent should sound like.

Was Dennis Hopper’s accent bad? 'Cause it sounded okay to my untrained ear, so I bought it. I think he’s excellent in this role.

I really really hope it’s not Tony at CTU who’s the mole. I mean, why would it be? All the stuff he’s done (like saving Terri) was just for show? My vote’s for Chappelle. He’s up high enough to be bad news.

We haven’t seen Milo for a while. What’s he up to?

The suspense is definately building up again. A couple nitpicks:

When Kim got in the car with the cop and said to her mom on the phone “See you soon”, I said “Not bloody likely”. This turnaround seemed kind of obvious.

When the CTU team found the booby-trapped tunnel: 30 minutes to defuse it? Wouldn’t it be faster to go back out and find the tunnel from outside? What’s the point?

I could have sworn I heard Hopper say, “Get me moose and squirrel!”

That’s funny. I thought the same exact thing.

I was also wondering how CTU had the layout for the secret detention center suddenly when just a few minutes before they never knew it existed.

Was Hopper’s accent bad? I’d say it was SO bad, it actually crossed over into being good. (Yeah, it was really, really bad…I kept thinking they should have got Alan Rickman to reprise his Hans Gruber role instead.)

I agree with FriendRob…I saw the Kim re-grabbing coming a mile away.

If Tony is a bad guy, they better have a damn good reason why he did all those “above-and-beyond” things to help Jack. Remember that he was the one who discovered the e-mail in Mandible’s system that gave them Coffell’s name.

Great episode, all-in-all, though.

Maybe they took an x-ray satelite photograph of it. :smiley:

ROFL

The suspense is definately building up again. A couple nitpicks:

When Kim got in the car with the cop and said to her mom on the phone “See you soon”, I said “Not bloody likely”. This turnaround seemed kind of obvious.

When the CTU team found the booby-trapped tunnel: 30 minutes to defuse it? Wouldn’t it be faster to go back out and find the tunnel from outside? What’s the point?

Ooops. Please ignore the re-post. :o

Deja vu

I liked this week’s episode. Can’t wait until next week, real time in real time!!

Something that had me wondering: how did Kim call CTU and get right to her mom in the conference room? No going thru a switchboard? She knew the number right where to call? That seemed weird.

I was also confused by the red vans, but the van that took Kim had guys in jumpsuits. I think someone tipped off the bad guys that Kim was being moved and followed them. The police car was deliberately hit.
I think Nina is a mole at CTU.
We never did see who the red-haired cop called. It looks like he is taken, too, from the previews. I think the driver was killed, and Kim and the red-haired cop are taken hostage. Think they’ll try to do a Kim-for-Alexis trade in the next hour?

I can’t believe they killed Lou Diamond Phillips!

I think Mason is jealous. His ragging on Nina about being with Jack and Tony seemd like petty jealousy to me. Maybe he liked her and she wouldn’t give him the time of day?

Does Victor Drazen just want Jack and his family dead? Or does he want something else? Like money?

I can’t believe we have to wait 2 weeks!

I haven’t been on otp of this, but I really do like the show quite a bit. However, at the end, I turned to my wife and said, “If I were a big criminal mastermind wanted all over the world and such, I wouldn’t keep wasting all my manpower and money trying to kidnap some damn high school girl.”

Too damn comic-booky to me. “Wait!” says diobolical villain who has been defeated by Superman 1,000 times. “I’ll kidnap Lois Lane! That will destroy Superman psychologically!”

Erg…

OG SMASH!

I recall a theory that good guys use Macs and bad guys use PCs in 24-land. I think there was a thread on that. Anybody notice how that’s panning out so far?

That bugged me too. It wouldn’t have bugged me as much (at all) if they weren’t in “real” time.

Data point: Dennis Hopper’s accent sounds absolutely nothing like the accent of my real-life Serbian office mate, who is from Belgrade.

I was also disappointed by Kim’s rekidnapping. I dunno, I think they’re just laying it all on a bit thick. How do you keep the tension up for 24 hours? Not by piling on improbability on top of improbability, that’s for sure.