God DAMN Papercuts!!!

Son of a bitch! Little stinging bastards! I have just lacerated myself with a manilla folder. This does not make me happy. In fact it makes me ANGRY! Grrr!!! This is the face I make when I papercut (or foldercut, as in this case) myself:

:mad:

That’s my mad face. I hope you liked it.

Kn(very, very angry!)ckers

Preach it! I got me a papercut this morning, and it hurts like a… well, all out of proportion to the size of the injury.

And it was from a book, too. I thought books were my friends!:mad:

Neosporin with Pain Relief is your friend. I carry a tube in my purse because, well, I’m a wimp and papercuts hurt like the dickens (whatever they are).

Kn*ckers, is your name from a Monty Python sketch?

Better than Neosporin would be hand-sanitizing gel. You can get a nasty blood-borne infection from a paper cut (health care workers are required to report them same as accidental needle-sticks).

Damn straight, and congratulations, ** Juanita ** , you’re the first one to get it!

papercut update: Now I have TWO! How unfair! Too much papershuffling today, I guess.

File a work comp claim!! :wink:

Syl :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a Printer, I am use to them, try a Metal Cut - cutting your finger on a metal plate for the press - OUCH.

I have five paper cutes on the thumb and forefinger of my right hand.

Feel my pain.

Why DO paper cuts hurt so damned bad? I’ve cut myself with bow saws, pocketknives, and a hatchet[sup]1[/sup] and none of them stung as badly as a simple little paper cut.

WHY, Cecil, WHY?

[sup][1][/sup] No, not all at once.

The worst paper cut I ever got was from a manila envelope. I slid a bunch of stuff into it, flipped it up so I could lick the flap, and as I ran the flap across my tongue, the opening of the envelope sliced across my chin.

Holy flaming fruit bat’s asshole, that hurt.

Oh god, nothing hurts as much as a papercut. Those things sting so BAD!!!

A couple of times, I’ve gotten them in the webs of my fingers-you know, the little spot between your fingers? OUCH!!!

You’d love my job – you think papercuts are bad, try slicing into your finger with the sharp bevel of a freshly cut matboard. Or glass shards. Or a collection of razor blades in various sizes and shapes.

Once I got stitches.

Think yourself lucky, I used to dry towels for a living -
we put them in metal wheely containers
these are groin height
they picked up a LOT of static electricity drying at 100 degrees C
they gave me electric shocks
I am a man
OUCH!!!

I work at Kinko’s, where paper cuts are an occupational hazard. I am so careful, because I know the likelihood of getting cut, but every now and then, one gets me. Motherfuck, do they hurt.

apotheosis, I asked the same question in GQ a while back. The general consensus was that, unlike razors or other blades, paper has acids and germs on it that really irritate the nerves after penetrating, even a relatively small cut. Works for me.

And all you folks who work with Lots O’ Paper[sup]TM[/sup] for a living, you can reduce the likelihood of paper cuts if you follow my advice.

I used to work in the editorial department of a children’s book publisher. Lots of paper to handle. Thus, a higher likelihood of paper cuts, which I received in abundance. But I noticed that my hands, especially my fingers, seemed to dry out more than they did before I handled so much paper. I think the paper itself drew some of the natural oils from my skin and the dryness contributed to the paper cut probablility factor (PCPF).

I started using ordinary hand moisturizing cream in the morning and in the afternoon, and I got many fewer paper cuts (PCPF - X).

And my hands were kissable soft, too.

May I add that, working my way through college in assorted factories, where I spent many hours of quality time hefting cardboard boxes, I learned that it is perfectly possible to give oneself a cardboard cut. It is not unlike a paper cut, only deeper, longer, and more likely to be full of horrible germs.

Papercuts, file folder cuts, staple-sticking-out-a-little-bit-and-ripping-my-thumb cuts, and cuticles pushed back to my knuckles and bleeding are all hazards of my filing clerk job. And all the paper I handle all day does dry them out badly. My hands are just lovely, thank you.

I had a folder cut once during a very bad day.

First I got the folder cut.

Then I found out I’d been running the wrong commercial for a client all month.

Then my belt dropped in the toilet while I was going to the bathroom and I peed on it.

That was a banner day.

Is anybody willing to sacrifice for science and test the GQ theory by papercutting him or herself with autoclaved, acid-free archival paper?

Yeah, me neither. Plus, I don’t have an autoclave handy. But it would be interesting to know the results.

I have a friend who managed to get a papercut on one of her eyes. Yup. She told us this story while we were eating, which was a really thoughtful touch on her part.