The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > The BBQ Pit

Old 01-03-2003, 01:45 AM

Why the people in my building are FUCKING ANIMALS

I live in the building and street from HELL. When I moved in, it was fine. Now I am surrounded by stupid, uncivilised animals. This is why.

1. Fuckers who double park cars
If there is no parking space under the buidling, GO AND PARK IN THE FUCKING PUBLIC CAR PARK round the corner. DO NOT double park me in so I am forced to spend hundreds of dirhams on a taxi to work. Today, I reported your number to the police. Next time, I am going to have them tow it, and hopefully prosecute you. You are fucking animals.

2. Fucking family down the hall
(a) your baby howls from dawn to dusk. I am fucking sick of hearing it cry. Either comfort it, or take it to the doctor, or put in in a back room away from the thin door and echoing hallway.You are fucking animals.

(b) the four poor tiny birds that you evilly keep in a TINY little cage - stop leaving the poor chirping fuckers outside your flat in the hallway. I don't give a shit if people in your country have no regard for animal or neighbourly welfare, I do. Their loud chirping screeches echo down the hallway so we all have to suffer their noise. I would open their cage and free them, were it not for the fact that the feral cats would kill them. You are fucking animals.

(c) How DARE you keep FOUR of the little tiny fuckers in such a small cage? And leave them in a windowless hallway, fluro-lit from dawn to dusk, instead of by a window or somewhere. You are fucking animals.

3. Spitting hawking fuckers outside
Yes, I feel bad for you guys because you are poor, you live in a slum building, and you are certainly all hideously underpaid. But do you have spit, hawk and hack up god-knows-what from dawn to dusk to dawn? It is DISGUSTING. It is ANIMAL behaviour. I don't care if it is acceptable in your own countries - it isn't in mine. And I've never seen any locals do it here, so I doubt it is acceptable here either.

If you have TB or a chest infection, then go and get treatment. If your employer won't pay for your health, sue him. If you don't have an employer or a visa, take advantage of the illegal migrant amnesty, and FUCK OFF home. If you're just doing it because it amuses you to hawk and spit loudly at 5am in the morning outside a sleeping person's window, I hope you do get TB. And DIE. You are fucking animals.

Yes - I am fucking moving out of my flat as soon as I can get out of my fucking rental contract.
Advertisements  
Old 01-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Charter Member

The people in your building are fucking animals? Isn't that illegal? Don't the animals complain?

There are at least a couple things there you should be able to tell the building manager about and maybe get fixed. Some of them just suck.

Esprix
Thanks for everything, Dad.
Old 01-03-2003, 05:47 PM

Out of curiosity, did anybody not interpret the thread title that way...?
Old 01-03-2003, 05:53 PM

Probably not, typhoon, probably not!
Old 01-03-2003, 05:55 PM

Nope.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your neighbors, istara. I hope your new ones are more selective about who they mate with.
Old 01-03-2003, 06:56 PM

I smell culture shock.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:29 AM

No - it's not culture shock - I am used to it here. All the people in my building are expats like me. The family down the hall are not bad people per se, they are just very inconsiderate.

Right now I can hear their birds chirping in the cage outside their door.

The building manager situation is difficult. There are the original rental agents, who don't really seem to be involved much anymore after the building changed hands. There is some local (emirati) landlord I have never met, who I think has his own agent, again that I have never met. I have no idea how to get in touch with them.

My point of contact is a very lowly-paid building warden who lives on site, as is the custom here (I would imagine he earns the equivalent of about US$150-200 a month). I don't want to get him into trouble because he is well-meaning, and for some reason his two predecessors (both also very nice) were fired for reasons unknown.

I did complain to him about the car, I guess in future I will just have to park in the lane outside - if there is a space there - to guarantee I'm not blocked in. Friday=Sunday here which is why he was away praying yesterday. But that still didn't save me a whacking taxi fare to work.

Yeah... I really hope they aren't actually fking those canaries...
Old 01-04-2003, 12:34 AM
Charter Member

Animals don't do most of that stuff. In fact, the one time my cat, Ding, tried to double park, she felt so bad she rushed right back out and moved the car--it couldn't have been there more than a minute at most.
Old 01-04-2003, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OpalCat
Animals don't do most of that stuff. In fact, the one time my cat, Ding, tried to double park, she felt so bad she rushed right back out and moved the car--it couldn't have been there more than a minute at most.
There's always a few bad apples.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:30 AM

*LOL* Opal and Doghouse.

Sorry for impugning(sp??) the feline sisterhood.

I really do have such mixed feelings for this family. On the one hand they seem like decent, friendly people. On the other hand they leave these tiny birds in a tiny cage in a corridor all the time. And it makes a noise that disturbs everyone else.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:50 PM

Quote:
3. Spitting hawking fuckers outside
Yes, I feel bad for you guys because you are poor, you live in a slum building, and you are certainly all hideously underpaid. But do you have spit, hawk and hack up god-knows-what from dawn to dusk to dawn? It is DISGUSTING. It is ANIMAL behaviour. I don't care if it is acceptable in your own countries - it isn't in mine. And I've never seen any locals do it here, so I doubt it is acceptable here either.
Do you live in my apartment building? Do you?

There is a very smelly old guy that lives in my building. I call him Smelly Old Guy. He smells like B.O. and cigarette smoke. Likes to shuffle down the hallway in his underwear. Leaves burning cigarette butts in the hall. Coughs up phlegm in the hall. I think he pees in the hallways.

At least he doesn't vomit in the hallways. That honor goes to the hellian brats that live on the top floor. (And no, neither the kids nor the mother clean it up.)

Bastards.

"We are all worms; however, I do believe that I am a glowworm." ~Winston Churchill