"24" Season 2, Episode 23 - 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. (SPOILERS)

24, Season 2
Episode 23
6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.

Spoilers ahead!

Previous episodes discussed:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
This thread is presented as a service of the 24 Club.

Can someone sorta recap it as it happens rather than just talk about it?

Huh? No way. I’m going to be too busy watching it.

I heard a radio ad for it this morning on my way to work. I’m psyched!

[useless hijack]
In preparation for the movie Terminator 3 coming out this summer, I decided to re-watch Terminator 1 and 2 this past weekend. I was surprised to see George Mason (played by Xander Berkeley) in Terminator 2! He was the foster father of 10 year old John Conner. Poor George bought the farm there too.
[/hijack]

I just watched it via Torrents. It was damned boring to be honest…and worse, it presages that the finale will be one of the worst letdowns in TV history. I am bumming.

Liar!

Whatever.

I can’t believe there’s only two more shows left.

Where did the day go? :smiley:

I just watched last week’s show.

I guess Sherry got confused and thought she was on Survivor instead of 24 the way she was cutting contradictory deals by the second. And the scene of Kim falling thru the rafters had me in stitches. Gotta love the way Daddy Jack is mentoring his daughter, though. “Kim, shoot him again”. Perfect!!!

Maybe Kim will accidentally kill Kate tonight to make things interesting.

When do we find out how Ensign Ro is doing??? I miss her.

I really wanted Tony to swipe the chopper and fly it to Jack himself.

No kidding! :smiley:
I was waiting for her to say, “Just wait for Tribal Council, we’ll vote Jack out and it’ll be you and me for the Final Two!”

I think Ensign Ro is toast.

I wonder how Sherry is doing. Will she live? I loved how she asked Jack to help her and he gave her that look of utter contempt and ran after Alex.

And I think RikWriter is lying. It’s the next-to-last hour. It’s gotta kick ass. He’s trying to throw us off.

I only wish, dude. I was severely disappointed.

Jack is just a freakin’ BAD ASS mo fo!! He’s better than Clint as Dirty Harry. He gets to do all the things we wish we had done. I doubt I’d watch this show if it weren’t for him. Maybe we’ll see a celebrity boxing match between him and Vic Macky (from The Shield). That would be something.

Or a Celebrity Deathmatch. Now that would be cool.
Jeff, popcorn in hand, counting down the minutes…

Jeff:

Jack has already proven he can return from the dead, so I don’t think it would be fair. (“Kim, shoot him again”. I can’t stop thinking about it. Gotta be one of the all time greatest lines in TV or film history.)

Man, ever since the bomb went off the show’s quality has taken a nose dive. More than once during this week’s episode I was thinking (and sometimes saying out loud) Oh you stupid jerk, what the hell are you doing THAT for?!

Just watched it-- no idea what RikWriter is so sour about, it was a solid episode-- Nice and tense the whole way through.

The killer-app text-to-speech software would make even Jerry Bruckheimer groan, though. Pretty sweet code that can accurately model how someone would sound if they were about to piss themselves with fear based on inferences made from a recording of a phone-call made when they’re feeling pretty cocky.

Kingsley’s (self-administered?) acupuncture treatment was a nice touch, too.

How long before there are Jack Bauer action figures that say “You’re going to have to trust me,” when you push a button? Jack seems to say that with as much frequency as Kim’s peer group utters the word “like.”

And I like that the writers are making at least a token nod in the direction of the received wisdom that most sensible persons who might take the trouble of scaling a 10’ vertical wall an hour after having a cardiac arrest would at least have the decency and common sense to drop dead shortly thereafter, regardless of whatever other trivial physical and mental stresses they had been subjected to for the past twenty-three hours.

Hey, they got a car into the LA River Basin, I knew they could do it! No chase, but still, kudos. When I saw them veering off the road I was thinking “please let them crash into the basin for a cool crash a la every movie that ever takes place in LA.” The crash could have been cooler and more fiery.

And if they make it to the showdown, at least they picked a cool famous place for it.

I don’t know what the heck they’re going to do in the last hour, there must be some cool twist up their sleeve somewhere.

Wow, I hope he can return from the dead again… :wink:

Who was the chick with the big breasts and hoop earrings? Do we know her from before?

Next week on 24…

Jack: “Who am I…Who are you…CTWhat?”
Is it me or was it terribly out of character for Palmer to have caved to Prescott’s request to lie to the Turkish PM just to save the crews of 3 planes. Just earlier he was willing to call them back at the risk of 10,000 lives (however they arrived at that figure.)

And Kingsley really struck me as a James Bond/comic book villain this week. Willing to nuke LA so gas prices will go up a little. I suppose he stood to gain…one hundred…billion…dollars!

I’m waiting to see the T-1000 come driving a semi down the basin, bearing down on Jack and Cherry.

Kim and Kate…Kim and Kate…mmmm step-tastic love sammich :slight_smile:

And Larry, I’d KILL for a Jack Bauer action figure. Comes with cell phone, hacksaw, head in a bag, and hand cannon.

I’m with tdn. Should we know Kingsley’s aide[?] for some reason? Well, I should know her for my own selfish reasons. Call me a pig, but I couldn’t help but notice her assets, and was ready for some good old Kimmish running scenes. Anyway, why should we care if she gets a letter opener in the back?