Merv Griffin announces that something "amazing" is going to happen...

…to Jeopardy beginning on May 20. He calls it “just the most amazing thing”. He won’t disclose what it is. But I wonder if anyone else saw the announcement and is speculating.

I’m guessing someone makes it to $100,000 in a day.

Andy Kaufman will be a contestant. He promised Griffin 20 years ago that when he finally comes clean about faking his death, it would be on Griffin’s show. Since his talk show is long gone, to satisfy the promise he has to go on Jeopardy.

I dunno. Andy seems more of a Wheel of Fortune type to me.

I have to ask.

What kind of list do you have to be on to get advanced Merv Griffin announcements? :confused:

I have heard from a contestant-in-waiting that a player is going to go on a ridiculously long winning streak.

Possibly, but it sounded to me more like something over a period of time, maybe permanent. I was thinking maybe some sort of T of C with a bizarre twist, or even a change in the show’s format. Maybe a change of host? I just hope it’s something good, and not something that ruins the game.

He just announced it on Ryan Seacrest’s show.

I would guess the $ amount or a 3-way tie or something, except that he said “beginning May 20”, so I’d guess the start of a awesome run fro the champion.

Brian

He announced it on American Idol? Because I KNOW you’re not going to tell me that The Twinklet was actually given his own talk show…

Yep. On Air With Ryan Seacrest broadcasts live each weekday at 3:00 eastern from the Hollywood and Highland entertainment complex in Los Angeles. Today, Ryan had his all-time favorite idols (in the general sense), and they included Merv Griffin and Chicago (the band).

The last time someone made an announcement like this, all we got was the Segway.

We all know how the world was improved when THAT came out. :rolleyes:

Jupiter is going to turn into a star?

:smiley:

yes, except instead of ‘Lucifer’, we will call it ‘Merv’.

:wink:

At the end of each round, the contestants vote someone off?

I bet Alex Trebek wouldn’t last a day.

I bet someone cracks at least $500000 on a 5-day run, rivaling Thom McGee as the best game show player ever.

You know, that’s the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title. (Even though that was “Something wonderful.”)

How much of a geek do you have to be for “Something,” coupled with a random superlative, immediately makes you think of 2010?

I hope it’s not just us!

^pretend there’s grammar up there^

The contestants have to be pantless.

Exactly what I thought! I was gonna post:

Merv: Something’s going to happen.

The Rest of the World: What? What’s going to happen?

Merv: Something wonderful.

I think that’s not going to happen until May 20, 2010.

So, we’ve got six years to prepare for that.