Congratulations to Bush and his supporters

Well played, GOP, well played.

Unlike my fellow Kerry supporters, I acknowledge that our man lost fair and square. I’m glad that it was decisive because we will be spared the drawn-out agony of litigation that so divided us.

And you will have to live with the consequences.

I’m going to watch for the next four years. And I do not want to hear any whimpers from the Bushites when Bush raises taxes to pay for his wars, when the environment becomes more degraded, and when your relatives are drafted to fight in Iran and Syria, or possibly North Korea. Don’t act betrayed when you lose your jobs to outsourcing or when the retaliatory suicide bombings start here in the US. You asked for it. It will be yours.

Enjoy the next 4 years, because I have a suspicion that this will be a Pyrrhic victory for the neocons.

And, Bricker, I owe you a bottle of wine.

I’m going to agree that this was an actual honest mandate, and that Bush won. I also am going to advance my own theory that while this will probably be worse for the nation than a Kerry victory, it will be better for the Democratic party, simply because of all the difficult issues coming up for Bush to deal with. If he deals with them well, that’s fantastic and I salut him. If he deals with them poorly, then it will be entirely his own fault, and no excuses shall be available.

I’m glad to see an election thread not started by a Chicken Little, although I’m sure they’ll be along.

One thing I’m glad of: if Bush is comfortably ahead in the popular vote, so if he goes on to win the electoral college he’ll (hopefully) lose the shadow of illegitimacy that hung over his previous term. I long ago got tired of hearing about the 2000 election, Florida, recounts, the Supreme court, and how Gore should have won.

A lot of that still depends on how Ohio turns out, though.

The only positive I can think off is that all our outsourced jobs here in manufacturing and support are a little bit safer under Bush.

Pity about the result but hopefully it will be a clear outcome in Ohio and doesn’t go on for the next 11+ days which is when they would count the provisional votes if required to.

gobear - class act.

CNN is now calling Ohio a green state:- Too close to call. Are they just being cautious?

I think Ohio is too close to call. I mean, it looks like it would be unlikely for Kerry to win it, but it’s a nail-biter.

And gobear, you’re very classy. Thanks for raising the tone on this board.

Kudos to gobear.

You can fairly warn both sides to “Be Careful What You Wish For, …”

So, Bricker, what kind of wine did you win?

[Zoidberg]

And is there enough to go around, perhaps? For your good friend ExTank?

[/Zoidberg]

Enjoy!

I acknowledge nothing. Fuck you and your chimp. America deserves whatever it gets.

“You” means Bush voters, not the OP.

Hey, Dio

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hey, DtC, way to piss on a classy thread with your partisan lunacy. It’s so nice to have something consistant in this topsy turby world.

Doggy Knees, remember what Joe Hill said before they hung him, “Don’t mourn, organize!”

This battle is lost. Do due diligence, learn from our mistakes, and concentrate on the midterm elections in 2006 and then the wide-open race in 2008.

Self-pity isn’t going to change things. A good revolutionary keeps discipline and maintains diamond-like focus on the goal. Besides, we have to show our countrymen empathy and compassion when they realize the full measure of their folly.

The truly pathetic thing is that you actually think you won something. You just reelected Hitler. Congratulations. Enjoy the world war.

Sheesh.

Drama queen.

Bricker, your gloating is unseemly. Diogenes, you’re being even worse.

I’m with NoClueBoy. Let’s talk Star Trek, NCB. I’m sick of this shit.

Oh Bricker, you so bad.

There’s a call for you on line 1. Some guy named Godwin, I believe.
On behalf of the SDMB liberals, I would just like to say that Diogenes does NOT speak for the rest of us. As much as I loathe Bush and as depressed and disgusted as I am right now, that there is no fucking WAY that I would say that Bush=Hitler.

If you seriously equate Bush and Hitler, then you have a lot of personal issues you need to address.

Suck it down, bitch. Sniff the sweaty nad-sack of defeat, you incessantly harping little smarmy prick.

Ooops, NoClueBoy posted his well-reasoned post on another thread. Never mind. I’ll say preemptively, I’m with NoClueBoy.

<slinking off to Cafe Society to find a Star Trek thread>