Dope the Halls IV - MADs take note

Well, we weren’t sure if we were going to do this this year because of the baby, but Jimmy’s in perfect health, he’s a happy baby and so we thought “why not?”. The only change is that we’re gonna have the MAD Xmas/Hanukkah/Eid-Al-Fitr/seasonal holiday dopefest on a Saturday afternoon instead of at night.

We’re shooting for December 11th. We expect you all to show up on our doorstep around 2:00 and stay until the food is gone, although it probably won’t run as late as last year’s dopefest. We’ll probably do a turkey and assorted other things.

Who’s in? MADs of course, but whoever will be in the area, or indeed wants to come just for it, will be welcomed, just come and have fun, but let us know who’s comin’ first.

I’ll think about showing.

I’ll pencil this one in and get back with a final confirmation later.

Showing?? I thought you already had the kid?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll check with my sweetie and get back to you.

Dang – the office Christmas party is that night – this makes three things I’d rather do that day (four, if you include “stay home and pick lint out of my navel”), but I really have to go to that.

Even if we can’t talk The Dan into taking a day off of work and driving us, I’m sure the boy and I can find a way to make it there. We’ll get to planning right now.

Put us firmly in the “maybe” category. This is the Saturday before finals, and it depends on how much I need to study.

Robin

Hey, that’s great! You do realize that we don’t live in Brooklyn, don’t you? While I’d love to have you, I’d hate to be responsibile of you poked your nose out of Brooklyn and something ate you, like a crab out of it’s shell. :slight_smile:

What part of MAD do you all live in? Balitmorish? Georgtowny? Annapolic?

Absotively! Now to decide what flavor of cookies go with beer.

Well, I probably won’t have my license by then, unless I’m really lucky in Behind the Wheel, so most likely I won’t be coming. If someone would be willing to talk about picking me up (I’m next to DC), that’d be nice, but missing this is okay with me. Given the stuff I have going right now, it might be best for me not to go to this.

It’s a distinct possiblity. Gotta see what else is hoppin’ about that time…

Have to check my rehearsal schedule, but I’m most likely in.

Baltimorey. Which is slightly south of Staten Island. I’m worried you won’t find it.
:smiley:

Are you guys in the city?

It’s a possibility for me, but don’t move it to the 4th, the 18th or any Sunday. The 11th is like my only free weekend day in December.

Oddly, the bf, who has become a lurker recently, expressed interest so we might come.

I’ll be there.

Darn you all to heck.

I read that as showering. I think my eyes are going to fall out of my head from looking at the computer too long.

I might be able to show up. I know there are other plans that day, I just don’t know the time right now.

I’ll try to make it, assuming the car we’re picking up this weekend is in as good as shape as it’s made out to be. It’s from my girlfriend’s brother and we’re trusting him.