Boxing with Crayons: NYC Dopedinner 12/26

As those of you who peeked into this thread know, Eats_Crayons will be visiting New York City starting on December 26, Boxing Day.

In honor of her arrival, and because we haven’t gotten together in a while, I propose a New York Dopedinner on December 26. We’ll meet at 7:00 p.m. at our old favorite Chelsea Grill, 135 Eighth Avenue, between 16th and 17th (A/C/E/L to 14th St/Eighth Ave or 1/2/3 to 14th St/Seventh Ave).

Please post in this thread if you can make it. In addition, in the other thread, people are discussing going to some museums and lunch on Monday.

Count me in!

(And check your email)

I’m possibly free. I think I’ve been to the Chelsea Grill before, like 5 years ago. Since that’s the first shopping day after Christmas I’ll quite possibly be working but I can ask to not be a closer which would mean I could get into the city by 7. I’ll update as I know anything!

Maybe.

Provided nobody mentions the idiocy that I ACTUALLY post to the new girlfriend who thinks I’m reasonably intelligent.

Can’t make dinner, but I will be at the Algonquin lunch Monday the 27th at 1:00.

I shall be there! And I will bring my boxing gloves.

Be warned, I fight dirty.

What? Whaddaya mean “Boxing Day” isn’t about fighting? So all these years I’ve been punching family members for no reason? Geez, I’m gonna have to apologize to Grandma.

Mark down 2 definites in pen for 7PM.

[Does NYCD time calculation]
Expecting to see you all there around 8ish
[/DNTC]

I’m in.

Well crap. Figures I’m on a closing shift that night. :frowning:

What about lunch the following day? It’ll be at the Algonquin at 1:00.

Well, since I will be in town on my annual holiday visit, I actually may be able to make either dinner or lunch. It will depend on when my various siblings are planning to make their treks into the city.

I’m in, likely for both events !

Now, where’s my tuxdeo? Can’t very well show up to The Algonquin in anything less, can I?

note to self: polish the spats

:smiley:

Cartooniverse

Really?.. Dang!

And here I tend to dress like Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

I’m gonna try. I’ll be there if I’m not visiting my grandmother on the 26th. More news as events warrant.

I intern Mondays and Wednesdays. :frowning: May I take this opportunity to say harumph! :mad: I’m going to find out who else is working that Sunday and maybe I can persuade someone to switch so I’m out earlier, but bah I’m not counting on this working out.

Bill, do you anticipate a NYC Dopefest soon?

harumph grumble mutter mutter

I’m in for the evening festivities! I’m hoping Annie-Xmas can come!

She and I have a birthday only one day off from each other.

Well, thank god. I’m fresh out of SpatSparkle Creme as it is.

I’ll dress for comfort not for speed, and can’t wait to meet ya ! :slight_smile:

So… am I the only one who sees this thread title and can’t help singing it to the tune of “Waltzing Matilda”?

Boxing with Crayons, boxing with Crayons
You’ll come a-boxing Crayons with me
And he sang as he sat and waited by the Chelsea Grill
You’ll come a-boxing Crayons with me…

All together now… Boxing with Craaaaaayons…

" Boxing With Crayons " , by Cartooniverse.

Boxing With Crayons,
MOMA drew us in as one.
Drink ! For those not here.

tearing up

That’s so beautiful.