Best.Band.Name.Ever.

I was at a birthday party for one of my friends tonight. One of the presents she got was a bobblehead Gollum. On the side of the box was the name of the figurine:

“Smeagol HeadKnocker”

And I thought

Oh my God.

That would be the

Best
Band
Name
EVER!!

I mean,

SMEAGOL HEADKNOCKER!

Sorry, but my vote still goes to The Bambi Molestors (a Croatian surf band).

Bithlo is a white-trash redneck suburb that has demolition derbies.
The Bithlo Mullet Revival is a country-punk band that performs in mullet wigs.

Sorry, folks. The ultimate name for any band is Roosevelt Cabbagestalk and the Hydrocephalic Presbyterians.

[size=1]Since there apparently is (or was) a real person named Roosevelt Cabbagestalk who may be neither hydrocephalic nor Presbyterian, I am prepared pending contact from said Mr. C to change the name to Elder Cabbagestalk and the Church of the Plum Double Knits.

Ok. Those are pretty darn good. I still stand by mine, though. :smiley:

The other (real) band name that I like quite a lot is Hornets Attack Victor Mature. :smiley: :smiley:

You’re all crazy. The best band name ever is Impending Futon.

I don’t know…I’m pretty fond of the name (and the band) The String Cheese Incident.

I mean, ya gotta wonder - what exactly *was *the string cheese incident to which the name refers? Did penis ensue?

I’m sorry, Edentrap is the best band name ever.

I’m just saying.

Some of us on the SDMB should start a band, just to call ourselves any one of these names. :slight_smile:

Any volunteers? I’m good on vocals and piano…

Onward Crispin Glover.

That’s the winner.

I’ll join. Just by me not singing or performing in any way I can immeasurably improve the quality of the band’s overall output. I know, I know, I’m amazing. :cool:

Holy God. I nearly had an anuerism.

Ah, I nearly forgot. One that came up in GD a couple years ago was …

Partisan Scandalmeisters

I think aural sects is still the best band name I’ve ever seen. They were from Toronto, in the mid-'80s. Lots of names are cute or funny or WTF, but this one is all kinds of clever. And none of the radio stations would announce their appearances.

Jennifer Jason Lee Harvey Oswald

Did Smeagol HeadKnocker ever tour with Marillion?

It has my vote. Beautiful.

We had a local band called Butt Trumpet.

That was 15 years ago and it still makes me snigger.

In the fine tradition of KMFDM, only way funnier, I give you:

JFKFC.

Whorehound?