We can discuss anal sex but not sexual fantasies?

In post #12 of the thread cited below, a moderator threatens to close the thread if sex fantasies are discussed. This is in a thread about anal sex.

What are the relevant rules?

I don’t know for sure, but it seems like a good decision to me.

It’s one thing to frankly discuss sexual issues, but it’s another to start threads that are just going to make the board turn up as people do websearches for stuff to masturbate to. We have to consider the kind of audience we want.

Except – The Dope isn’t indexed on Google.

No, there are no other search engines besides Google (he said very firmly).

Poor old Frank. He’s trying to quit smoking, and then he has to moderate stuff like this. Frank, mate, after reading that thread I figure the rest of our band of quitters should probably have stress-inducing handicaps.

We have a new poster on the board who we suspect is not so cognizant of the culture here and also not so good with interpersonal skills, let me put it that way.

We hope to coax this new poster into some more appropriate behavior; for some it takes a little longer to get the hang of it.

The thread was closed because it seemed more prurient than anything else and bordering on Penthouse Forum territory. Yeah, you can discuss most anything here within some sort of limits, but as moderators we know too much when we feel it and that generally means thread closure sooner or later.

As for our new boy, I do believe he is younger and certainly less knowledgeable than the average Doper and thus in need of some [del]indoctrination[/del] education. I would think he’s going to be schooled over the next few days in more ways than one. Cut him a break, you were young and foolish once too. Show him a better way to be.

TubaDiva

Discussion of sex is one thing. Discussion of sexual fantasies is something else (“I’d love to have sex on the observation deck of the Empire State Building/”) Masturbationl fantasies is something else again; that’s discussion between a patient and their psychiatrist, not in a public forum. Way way way too much room for discussion going wildly awry.

Are you referencing the same thread as in the OP? 'Cuz it’s still open.

There is a difference between masturbation fantasies and sexual fantasies?
Anyway, the sexual fantasy threads usually have someone post something and then another poster derails the thread with comments on how the other poster is sick and twisted and it is wrong to even think that and then along comes Casey Jones going a little too fast and then…

Actually, said poster isn’t that new, and his youth is no excuse, being that we’ve had younger people than him before.

I think he’s been warned before about this kind of thing.

Check my Pit thread, you piranha.

Sheesh, Guin, all you do is prowl around this site all day looking for bad stuff going down so you can get in on it. Christ, get a life.

That one-handed typing’s tough, isn’t it?

You first, sweetie.

Andrew, don’t make us regret we let you come back. You do NOT pick fights here and that goes double fot ATMB.

Be polite or go home.

TubaDiva
I DID think the referenced thread was closed already.

Thanks for the responses. I always get a little nervous here without clear rules. But I can see how this makes sense now.