The Straight Dope

Go Back   Straight Dope Message Board > Main > Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share (MPSIMS)

Old 03-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Your Most Memorable Mega-Zit?

I recently realized that it's been several years since I had a mega-zit . . . I had cystic acne from the time I was 11; since turning 40, action in the zit department has finally abated.

Perversely, though, I find that I kinda miss having a huge zit to cultivate and squish now 'n then.

My most memorable mega-zit happened when I was 19 and was on the side of my nose, right on top of the "side nosebone." It started as a deep underground growth, spread out to be about 1.5" at the base, then came to a volcanic head about a week later. It exerted intense pressure on my sinuses and it was a relief when I was finally able to pop it. It contained more than two tablespoons of pus and was truly monumental.

Won't you share your special zit story?
Advertisements  
Old 03-24-2007, 05:17 PM

Ahh yes, the nose zit. The most obvious, painfull, and totally inconcealable of them all. My favorite was as a sophmore in highschool. It wasv huge, just to the left of the very tip. I treated it heavily with alcohol and clearisil (It may have been Oxy 10). In the early stages I would squeaze it but only get some watery substance to percolate through the skin. One morning (Day three I beleive the treatment had done something) I stood in front of the mirror and sqeezed like it was the last chance I had.

I will honestly say, I beleive this is the first mirror shot of my life. This pussy oily liquid squirted out of some hole in the skin, hit the mirror and began to trickle down the glass. There was no obvious hole, but I gave it a few mare squeezes. Rather than hit the mirror, the same pussy substance just popped to the surface.

It worked. This monstrosity immediately began to shrivel up like thw wicked witch of the west. My friends even complemented me on how quickly it cleared up after that.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:13 PM

I have never confessed this one before - it was awful and awesome. Right beside my nose, and at its full growth I swear it was as large as my nose. It had been percolating for about a week, with no results. Going home one night I gave it a tenative pat, and felt that deep pain that told me "it's TIME!". When I got home I went straight to the mirror, washed my hands and gave a careful, deep squeeze. Bingo! I was rewarded with a 5-6" circle of bb-sized pus droplets, with a center core about a half inch long.

The damn thing was almost invisible the next day.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:58 PM

oh. dear. God....

it's started again.
<urp>
Old 03-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Oh, hey, where's Coldfire when you need him?

Last edited by thirdwarning; 03-24-2007 at 10:05 PM..
Old 03-24-2007, 10:27 PM

God. I'm so jealous of all of you.

The best one I ever had was an ingrown hair on the inside of my left thigh, and it wasn't much. Maybe a teaspoon of pus and 2" of hair.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Sith Mod

I had one right in the middle of my forehead. It was huge and incredibly sore for about a week. Finally, one night, I just squeezed the bejeezus out of it, and got at least a teaspoon of pus out of it, and, at the very bottom, a fucking rock. I guess it was piece of hardened pus, but it was the size and consistency of a chunk of gravel.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 AM

Ah the joys of being a teenager. Before I discovered Betacarotene pills (clear up blocked poors like nothing else, wonderful stuff), I always got awful ones. I have a recurring one on the side of my nose and I have shot the mirror with it more than once.

Infected hair follicles are something else entirely. Recently, I got a huge one on the back of my neck, so painful I couldn't lie on my back. When I finally squeezed it, I had my fingers wrapped in TP and a good inch wide circle was stained with blood and lymph. The core was like a grain of sand.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:13 AM

Not me, but my SO...from the day I met him he had a zit that turned into a cyst on the back of his neck. I asked him about it and he told me a German doctor tried to remove it once but supposedly, it was too near a major nerve.

Fast forward 20 years...the size of large walnut, he had barely touched it over the years but suddenly it started to itch badly. Went to a doctor here in the USA...doctor made an appointment and, well, it wasn't pretty....he told me the smell was worse than any French cheese and the doctor had to mop the floor afterwards.

You would never know he had anything on his neck now - the doctor did a great job, and my SO is still pissed after hearing the American doctor say, "You could have easily had this removed years ago if you had gone to a dermatologist."
Old 03-25-2007, 07:04 AM

Teaspoons. Wow.

After my junior year in the summer of 2003 year I took physics. I get a couple bumps here and there when the classes get stressful, but nothing epic as this. I got one such blemish on the left side of my nose as the class wrapped up. It started small, but hurt like hell for the first few days--flaring my nostrils made it feel like someone had hit me in the cheekbone with a hammer. While I was studying one afternoon the weekend before the final, I found it had softened a little bit. It still hurt too much to squeeze, so I improvised using a compass needle and rubbing alcohol. There was no explosion, but a little gentle pressure from underneath SUMMONED what at first seemed like an endless flow of pus in a tasteful warm beige. This was followed by a decent amount of serum and finally a little trickle of blood. It stopped hurting after that, but a head kept coming back that I could actually see while looking over my nose. Because of the upcoming final I compulsively picked at it, so of course a scab formed--perhaps even a soul.

The test came and went, and I took the train down to New York that weekend to visit my girlfriend. The first night I got up to get a drink of water and noticed that the scab was raised and the surrounding skin had become quite red. "Ok you fucker," I muttered and gave it a squeeze. I intended to channel into it all my frustration toward having the little bastard stay as an unwelcome guest in my peripheral vision during a critical week. I didn't need to, however, as it chose the instant I applied force to explode all over the mirror.

It was legendary: the thing had come to occupy a good portion of the area beneath the skin of alar region of the left side. Among the bloody droplets on the mirror were sizable pieces of cheesy shrapnel, which I wiped away as bloody pus welled up in the newly formed fissure in the now-shattered remnants of my left nostril. I wiped it away with a fresh piece of tissue paper and squeezed out more of the unholy, swirling mixture of blood and pus, culminating in a final burst of semi-solid off-white material. While not unlike the "root" of a large blackhead, it crumbled fairly easily in the kleenex. After that it only bled, at which point I knew it was over. By the time I went back to New Haven 72 hours later, the scab that remained belied the size of my unwanted former companion.

In the final analysis, I think it stayed to teach me a physics lesson of its own. A lesson, perhaps, in the physics of zits...
Old 03-25-2007, 07:09 AM

When I was a teenager I squeezed a behemoth of a nose zit while looking into my friend's hall mirror. It exploded with a slapping noise and splattered a vast amount of detritus all over the glass: blood, watery pus, and a hard cheesy core, all stuck in a 6" radius. Then I called him to see my handiwork and he was unbelievably pissed off. Can't say I blame him.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjimm
...he was unbelievably pissed off. Can't say I blame him.
Me neither! Something that spectacularly great and he didn't get to watch it explode? I'd have been pissed, too!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNot
Me neither! Something that spectacularly great and he didn't get to watch it explode? I'd have been pissed, too!
Yeah, the miserable bastard. I let him watch me lick it off.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 AM

I had an absolute monster just at the hair line near the temple. I'm not usually prone to zits but this evil creature swelled to the size of a peanut. It was also incredibly painful to the touch. After a a few failed trial squeezes, I lanced it with a sewing needle. Besides the usual flow of pus, blood, and oil; I was also rewarded with a small bb sized chunk of hardened material, that smelled absolutely FOUL.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:02 AM

What ever you do, resist the urge, and don't click here

You know you want to.

You can't resist.

Click the link.

Do it.

Go ahead.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:41 AM

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=106449

This thread deserves to be read again.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:32 PM

This is a horse zit video, but you've got to watch it, it's classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoV6eZ5Plk
Old 03-25-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision of Love
This is a horse zit video, but you've got to watch it, it's classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WoV6eZ5Plk
I nominate this post for the greatest hilarious juxtaposition of username to content ever.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:41 PM

I had never had a zit until my highschool graduation day--two on my chin, but that summer, July, I was like a rhino. It grew 1/2 an inch below the bridge of my nose, perfectally centered and huge. Like a rhino horn!
I never had another as bad or prominent.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 PM

Eww. Ick. Gag.

Damn, I wish I had pictures.

Started as a tiny white little bump on the inside bottom edge of my left eye socket. I squeezed it once -- nothing. So I figured I'd ignore it until it was ready. Nothing, nothing, nothing -- then, 3 weeks later, overnight, the damn thing was so big it was blocking my vision & clogging my nose -- on my 40th birthday, BTW. Not a good time for giant disfiguring skin issues. I freaked out, barged into the dermatologist next door-to-work's -office and begged for an appointment. Dr Whatsisface wandered in (6:22 am -- he was not expecting a patient for several hours, but the receptionist had screwed up the alarm, so he came in early & unkempt), looked at my face, listened to my babbling, led me to an exam room, told me to close my eyes, and, essentially, stabbed my zit with a scalpel.

Ewwww. The receptionist had to go get more gauze from the storeroom three times, which filled 6 of those little kidney shaped dishes.

10 days of oral antibiotics, 21 days of nasty orange salve, and 2 1/2 years later, I have a litte teeny white bump on the bottom inside edge of my left eye socket. I'm not messing with that sucker.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:51 PM

I don't get zits that release teaspoons of pus, but every few months I get those big red ones under the skin that seem to never come to a head. I usually end up scraping layers of skin off with a razor and then squeezing with everything I have to remove the pea-sized bastard waiting under there. Ironically, when I was staring in the mirror picking at the last one I found my first grey hair. What the hell?! I'm 20. If my freaking body is going to give me grey hair at 20, I think the least it could do is stop giving me zits like this!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn
It grew 1/2 an inch below the bridge of my nose, perfectally centered and huge. Like a rhino horn!
Probably an ectopic pregnancy.

Evils of oral sex and all that.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn
I had never had a zit until my highschool graduation day--two on my chin, but that summer, July, I was like a rhino. It grew 1/2 an inch below the bridge of my nose, perfectally centered and huge. Like a rhino horn!
I never had another as bad or prominent.
For pity's sake, you can't stop there! What happened? Did you squeeeeeeze?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM

I had a monster cyst-like zit on my cheek during my junior year in high-school. When I first saw it, I squeezed, and it gave a weak little dribble, but I knew it wasn't over. I let it come to a head, all the while slathering it with Oxy. Again I squeezed the hell out of it, but still just a dribble. I stuck it with a needle (not recommended, but I was a teen), it leaked, but it did not explode which was very dissatisfying. It remained with me for at least a month, going through this cycle of swelling, and squeezing. Finally, one day I buckled down for the mother of all fights with my face. What came out was fairly solid, lumpy and just smaller than a pea. The hole it came out of remained open, and I could feel the hollow space it occupied under my skin. I currently have a noticeable scar on my cheek where it was (now 20 years later). Later in life I developed another one just like it and visited a dermatologist, he injected it with something (cortisone I think), and it disappeared in a couple of days with no lasting scar.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Mostly harmless
Charter Member

I have 2 personal favorites.

When dinosaurs roamed the earth, and I was in high school (1976 or 77), I had one grow on my right shoulder. Of course, I popped that sucker and didn't think anything of it. Apparently I didn't get it all. The zit scabbed over, sealing in whatever was left. It went about a week, becoming huge and extremely painful. I couldn't stand it any more, and peeled off the scab and squeezed.

KABLAMMO!

A fountain of pus, blood, and a solid core about the size of a pea filled my left hand, and I had the best feeling of relief ever.

The second one was in my old age. I occasionally get thigh zits, which are quite satisfying on their own. I popped one, and once again left something behind. It felt like I had a pebble under my skin. Over the next year, I tried many times to get it out, but to no avail.

One night, it was driving me crazy by itching, and I pinched the top and ripped off a little bit of skin, and squeezed. No explosion, but I got instead an inch long white tube that was about the same diameter as a ballpoint pen innard. One end was hard like a rock, and it smelled *BAD*. That was my introduction to sebaceous cysts.

I now have one on my back, but I can't reach it, dammit
Old 03-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Creature of the Night

Quote:
This is what SOs are for. I don't know how many lumps I've removed from my husband's back, but it's a LOT.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCatGirl
I don't get zits that release teaspoons of pus, but every few months I get those big red ones under the skin that seem to never come to a head. I usually end up scraping layers of skin off with a razor and then squeezing with everything I have to remove the pea-sized bastard waiting under there. Ironically, when I was staring in the mirror picking at the last one I found my first grey hair. What the hell?! I'm 20. If my freaking body is going to give me grey hair at 20, I think the least it could do is stop giving me zits like this!
I'm thirty-six and I still get those bastards occasionally, despite the best efforts of my dermatologist. Unfortunately, my powers of description are not up to the standards set by these other lovely posts, but I thought I would offer some advice. As soon as you get the little soreness that warns you that you might be developing something, get an ice pack on it. The more frequently you can ice it, the better. Even if you don't succeed in scaring it off completely, you may be able to lessen the pain and swelling enough so that you aren't tempted to take up your razor blades!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

About 20 years ago, during my college years, but I think it was during the summer when college was out. I had a recurring zit in my sideburn area about level to my right eye. One night I had shaved my sideburns up to the temple & decided I was going to get that critter once & for all. Slight eruption of pus coming out like thin silly string followed by a hair, followed by another thin length of silly string pus followed by ANOTHER hair, follewed by yet a third pus silly string and yet ANOTHER hair! It was then over & I never got another zit in that spot again. I
don't know if I had three ingrown hairs or one hair that had broken into three pieces.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Charter Member

I cal it The General, because it did return ... over and over and over again, for well over a month. It wasn't an extraordinarily large zit by SDMB standards -- a middling popper on my neck, just below my chain, but like a cat it had multiple lives, and like a late 1970s Chrysler inline six cylinder engine, it refused to die. Pop it in the morning, and it refilled by noon. At 6:00 PM, back at home, there it was again, waiting to be squeezed again. The General demanded attention three to five times a day, for over a month.

Getting bored and fearing scarring, I finally decided to use weapons of mass destruction to put The General out of commission. Instead of merely popping The General, I instead started to squeeze it hard every time it appeared, draining every last drop of pus and lymph that was possible. I would then doused my neck in rubbing alcohol, and covered The General with a dollop of Clearasil. Not a coating - a dollop, covered with a bandage if I was going out in public. A few days later, The General surrendered, and his fortress gradually crumbled. Although no scar remains today, the memories linger.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Mostly harmless
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Bodoni
This is what SOs are for. I don't know how many lumps I've removed from my husband's back, but it's a LOT.
I've tried several times to have her pop it, but she never gets it to go.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:01 AM

Wow. I stand in awe. I've had plenty of zits that spewed tiny bits of ick at the mirror, but nothing close to what is described here. I can't decide if I've been lucky or deprived.

I guess I'll go with lucky.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Charter Member

I have a basset hound, beautiful dog, who gets sebaceous cysts all the time. One memorable outbreak had one exploding while she was lying in our bed, then another going off in the back seat as I'm taking her to the vet.

We once had her operated on and they removed no less than 13 of them. But they're coming back... You can just feel the things underneath her fur. Poor Shelby.

Last edited by JohnT; 03-27-2007 at 10:19 AM..
Old 03-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Couple years ago, I had an infected sebaceous cyst on my left earlobe. It grew really fast; my earlobe became very swollen, and it jutted out at an odd angle. Finally, when my neck started to hurt (indicating that the infection was traveling) I went to the doctor.

He put a drape over my ear and injected....something, I can't remember what, but Christ, it made my earlobe feel even more painful and distended than ever. Then, he sliced that sucker with a scalpel and squeezed. I heard a really satisfying double-"crack" as all the yuckiness left, and lord, the relief. The doctor and nurse were pretty impressed; according to the nurse, the foul stuff within hit two walls behind me, though I was sitting in a chair in the center of the room. I reckon it flew between two and three yards to accomplish that.

They packed the hole with gauze and antiseptic (which is an odd feeling, lemme tell ya. The only part that made me queasy), gave me an antibiotic scrip, and sent me home. For the rest of the day, bloodlike stuffs leaked from my lobe at random intervals. The next morning, my then-fiancee had to help me pull out the gauze strip, which I think is the true test of love.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Torque
The doctor and nurse were pretty impressed; according to the nurse, the foul stuff within hit two walls behind me, though I was sitting in a chair in the center of the room. I reckon it flew between two and three yards to accomplish that.
Silly question, but wouldn't they be prepared for this and maybe hold up a cloth or something? I understand wanting it to be free to empty itself, but letting it get all over the walls??
Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
Silly question, but wouldn't they be prepared for this and maybe hold up a cloth or something? I understand wanting it to be free to empty itself, but letting it get all over the walls??
They might be professionals, but they're human too... they probably were taking side bets as to distance.

Last edited by JohnT; 03-27-2007 at 11:50 AM..
Old 03-27-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT
They might be professionals, but they're human too... they probably were taking side bets as to distance.
I wonder how that gets noted in the chart?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:45 PM

My mom had this "pimple" on her back for many years. By the time I came along, it had become a cyst and was about the size of an egg and you could wiggle it under her skin. Basically it was a pimple that she never could really work on because of the location (just above her bra band). She finally had it removed in a dermatologist's office when I was 16. It was huge, about the size of a grapefruit. It had calcified and Mom says she could here the clang of it hitting the metal bowl when it was removed. But, holy cow, it smelled something awful. I'm waiting in the lobby and could smell it. Mom has a 6 inch scar now but in 25 years the cyst hasn't come back.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
Not so much, although I'm sure the doc was very glad he'd worn a face shield. Most surfaces in those rooms are a snap to wipe clean, so they probably figure it's easier to just clean up afterward than make preparations that may not be necessary.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Charter Member

My sister had a pimple-turned-cyst behind her ear. By the time I noticed it, it looked like a purple and blue Easter egg. She had to have it removed by a doctor, and it exploded into a bunch of pus and blood clots! She ended up with a five inch scar.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Creature of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by VunderBob
I've tried several times to have her pop it, but she never gets it to go.
Eh, she probably gives up too easily. Try wetting a washcloth with hot tap water, squeeze out as much water as possible, and hold that over the inflamed area for half an hour. THEN have her try to pop it. She might need to lance it, or you might need to have a doctor do it. IANAD, but I've lanced plenty of zits in my time.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:45 PM

This thread is making me feel slightly ill. And yet I can't stop reading. <shudder>

The most memorable zit I ever encountered was on a classmate's face in high school. He always had a problem with acne, but this one monstrosity started in the middle of his left cheek, and kept growing. And growing. And growing. His face was so swollen at one point that his eye was held partway shut. Truly appalling. I've seen him again in recent years, and while he has pitting from the acne, there is no visible remnant of that particular zit. I'm sure it's burned onto his soul, though.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 PM

Side question...how come folks with acne don't pop the zits that have come to a white head? Is it because of the risk of scarring? I don't know how they resist the temptation!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:39 PM

My worst zit was on the back of my earlobe. It turned into a little pus-filled nodule, and I ended up squeezing it between my fingers idly one day. Churned out a bit of pus, blood, and, of course, a little hard nodule of pus.

Now I'm looking at zit popping videos on YouTube. Oh dear.

Last edited by nashiitashii; 03-27-2007 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: These days, I have a zit tool and tea tree oil. Clears 'em up right away.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Torque
They packed the hole with gauze and antiseptic (which is an odd feeling, lemme tell ya. The only part that made me queasy), gave me an antibiotic scrip, and sent me home. For the rest of the day, bloodlike stuffs leaked from my lobe at random intervals. The next morning, my then-fiancee had to help me pull out the gauze strip, which I think is the true test of love.
I had a sizable boil on my back about five years ago. Normally I have a pretty good reach and can at least pick at the bastards until they gave in, but this one only got worse (gee, I wonder why they tell us not to pick at them?). At the time I wasn't in a relationship (this was also before I learned from the SDMB that it was ok to ask someone to do that), so I didn't have anyone to help. When I went home for spring break I went in to see a dermatologist and he lanced it for me. I thought it was neat when he was stuffing gauze into the cavity, but the sensation when he removed it the next day was... unique. It seemed like I could actually feel the coil of gauze unwinding, like a spiral sharp searing and stinking. It was painful, but I was distracted by how dynamic the sensation was. After that I had to wash it out with peroxide and pack it with bacitracin twice a day. I developed a pretty good aim for pouring stuff over my shoulder.

With regard to not picking, gigi, the simple reason is that popping zits could spread the bacteria and make it worse in general. More specifically, though, there's an area of the face known as "the triangle of death," corresponding roughly to to the corners of the mouth and the bridge of the nose. The way the blood supply works there is that bacteria can conceivably get taken to the brain. I forget the specifics, but that's the general idea. I emphasize the word CAN; instances of that are exceedingly rare.

Last edited by Khan; 03-29-2007 at 04:48 AM..
Old 03-29-2007, 05:51 AM

Hmmm, this certainly is a pussy crowd. I've never had anything worse than a minor pimple. I feel so alone...
Old 03-29-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennshark
. . . I had cystic acne from the time I was 11; since turning 40, action in the zit department has finally abated.

Perversely, though, I find that I kinda miss having a huge zit to cultivate and squish now 'n then.
I finished Accutane about one year ago. I have been large zit free due medication for about 2+ years. Regardless of how liberating my clear skin has been, I too miss popping a nice big one. However, I do not miss constantly having a swollen and pus filled face. (Amazing how much nicer people are to you with clear skin.) Though I have to go to work now, when I get back I'll post some good stories.

Slight hijack, anybody regret popping their massive zit because doing so left a scar?
Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VunderBob
Ah, that is what corner walls are for. (The outside corner.) I had a smaller-than-a-pea-sized zit on my back, and it was in the middle enough, so my finger tips could touch it, but there was no leverage for squeezing. It was annoying because it lined up with some of my athletic gear. It had to go.

There was a nice, sharp wall corner in my bathroom where part of the shower stuck out. I leaned really hard with the corner's edge against that little bastard's side, so all I had to do was add a bit of lateral pressure with my finger tips form the other side.

Worked like a charm, no second person needed. Dabbed it with alcohol after.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Creature of the Night

Quote:
No, the true test of love is when one person has to CLEAN OUT and repack the damned wound. I did this when my husband had his pilonidal abcess removed. My husband did it when the incision on my hysterectomy developed abcesses.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowed My Cellphone
Ah, that is what corner walls are for. (The outside corner.) I had a smaller-than-a-pea-sized zit on my back, and it was in the middle enough, so my finger tips could touch it, but there was no leverage for squeezing. It was annoying because it lined up with some of my athletic gear. It had to go.

There was a nice, sharp wall corner in my bathroom where part of the shower stuck out. I leaned really hard with the corner's edge against that little bastard's side, so all I had to do was add a bit of lateral pressure with my finger tips form the other side.

Worked like a charm, no second person needed. Dabbed it with alcohol after.
When I just couldn't get one, I used a slightly different approach.

The sucker was painful; I couldn't lean back in a chair comfortably. So, it was time to declare war. Since I couldn't reach the darn thing in the center of my back, I started brainstorming. Finally, I settled on a pair of old barbecue tongs (no, I have not since used them for any culinary purpose). I wrapped toilet paper around the grippy bits to catch the nastiness, securing it with tape. Then, because I couldn't get enough "dig deep" leverage with my arm behind my back, I leaned back against a wall, which put enough pressure on the tongs to allow them to dig in under Zitzilla. And oh, it was such a relief....the tissue on the tongs was quite soaked, and I experienced relief for the first time in a long time.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly Chick
Hmmm, this certainly is a pussy crowd. I've never had anything worse than a minor pimple. I feel so alone...
pustulent... the word you want is pustulent, not "pussy".