Charlotte Dopers: Willing to Share Your Political Opinion to NPR?

So this is not our typical group meeting thing - but I think it’s kind of cool!

NPR (National Public Radio) is looking to interview some people from different ages and backgrounds about their political opinions.

I got this email from a friend of a friend, and being an NPR buff, I responded. I ended up talking to Gisele Grayson directly on the phone, and she would love to sit down and buy us some coffees and ask a few questions. Here’s her original email:
My name is Gisele Grayson and I work with Linda Wertheimer at National Public Radio in Washington. We are coming to Charlotte on Wednesday, and are looking for groups of voters to talk to. I was poking around the all-wise Google, and see that you have a dinner scheduled for Wednesday night. I was wondering if you might talk to me for a few minutes about the group, and possibly let me and Linda join - and then talk politics with us for a little while. :slight_smile:

North Carolina is an interesting state - a lot of maps have it leaning red, though NPR calls it as a toss-up. We’re interested in hearing a variety of opinions from voters - are people still undecided? Has the economic news changed anything for people? *

If you want to come, and give your opinions for their national broadcast - here’s the 411:

When: Wednesday, October 8 at 7 PM

Where:
Caribou Coffee (Carmel Village)
7510 Pineville Matthews Road
Charlotte, NC 28226
(704) 752-7880

RSVP: Please let me know if you are planning to come, and if you are bringing any friends so I can grab enough tables. Thanks!

Planning to be there.

yay!

I may just be able to make this…I have to check when I get home. Thanks for the heads up!

I wish I was still in the Charlotte area! I’m sorry to say I will not be able to attend.

Aww tell the nuns you need a night off!!

I might be able to make it. Is it going to be a live broadcast, or recorded?

Sorry, but I don’t think I’ll be able to get back home in time to get my beauty sleep. I have to be at a meeting on Thursday an hour earlier than I usually start work. Thanks again for thinking of me! I’ll try to catch the broadcast. (When will that be?)

I believe it’s going to be recorded - they are doing 1 or 2 other meetings like this -(but none as cool as us) and then merging the information.

I would love it if you could make it!

Dude - this is NPR! You are choosing sleep over NPR? Actually - I would be surprised if it lasted more than an hour or so . . .

I will post once I know when it airs - hopefully we’ll be able to get a podcast.

Yeah, but I’m 3 hours away.

Out of curiosity, what “scheduled dinner” did she find on Google?

The Charlotte Dinner meetup group - one of the groups of meetup.com I am a member of.

It looks like I’ll be able to make it. melodyharmonius, are you and KneadToKnow going to be there? I can recognize you all.

Oooh, sounds interesting! Fortunately, I’m off at 5pm tonight, so it looks like a go for me. Will see if I can get The Husband to come with. Thanks for the heads up, melodyharmonius!

Ah, I see. It sounded a bit fishy there for a minute…

If I can make it, I’ll be the guy with the bandage on my left temple (having a cyst removed today.)

AFAIK, melody and I will both be there, Maus. Looking forward to seeing you again.

I’m so glad you guys can come - I’m bordering the geek phase of my excitement!

I’ll be there around 6:30 to reserve tables and whatnot.

Ouch! Drug up and roll em out - it won’t be the same without you :slight_smile: