McDonalds hates black people.

I never gave it much thought, but this latest commercial got my attention.

“Girl, you got a 10-piece/please don’t be stingy”

Somewhere around 2002 or so, McDonalds shifted its entire ad campaign to aggressively go after blacks with the “I’m lovin’ it” slogan. For the company with the clown and happy meals, I literally cannot remember the last time I saw a basic kid-oriented commercial from McDonalds - instead, it’s an endless stream of embarrassing, downright offensive and stereotypical minstrel shows. The outright cooning and clowning is the type of stuff that went out with Al Jolson - wide-eyed, red-lipped stereotypes rapping about “make it a double, muthafucka!”

Does McDonalds just feel that they’re the best choice for AA’s in these trying economic times, or is this flat-out culture war? I’m not sure if anyone remembers McDonalds’ highly offensive www.iamasian.com, but these commercials are even a cut above that.

Eh? I’m just not seeing it. This ad isn’t the best, but I don’t think it’s offensive, either.

They’re aiming for the audience most likely to buy their stuff.

Don’t think they don’t know for a minute exactly who lives near and frequents their restaurants. The data compiled by major corporations makes the U.S. census quite obsolete.

I think you’re thinking of George Bush.

Their ads are irritating, but I don’t think they’re insulting to anything but our intelligence.

I saw a few yesterday, though I can’t find any links to them online. You should watch more Backyardigans :wink:

I reported the OP’s title as misleading. Not that I care, but I’m looking for mod consistency as to their response with regard to the ** Euthanasiast** issue.

It’s a shit ad but so are most of their ads.

I don’t get it…the OP is supposed to be a joke, right? I mean, yes, the commercial sucks, and the woman needs to get the fuck over herself and give up a couple of McNuggets (or even better, call the guy when you’re at the drive-thru and see if he wants anything, you selfish twat), but no one could seriously find it racist, right? I know how much people love to be offended, but I’m being whooshed here, correct?

McDonald’s is cheap. Which makes it popular in the hood. There just happen to be a lot of black people in the hood.

You linked to a video featuring two black actors and an R&B style song. Big fucking deal. This offends you why?

Kid ads are on during kid times. I see plenty of Madagascar themed ads when watching cartoons with my 6 year old.

The ads you are talking about target adults, and are tied in with the rest of current culture. If they fail, McDonalds will fire the ad team and get another.

Meh. There’s poor white people (and Hispanic people, etc. etc.) who eat McDonald’s as well. Where do you live? Maybe your market area has a lot of black people, and the ads you see are targeted towards that particular area. Here I see commercials targeted towards kids and teens.

Just saw an ad here for blacksingles.com. How racist is that ? should I be pitting the Straightdope ?

What bothered me, personally, when I temped for a Major Corporation Selling Crappy Food is that none of the people who worked there deigned to eat it themselves.

They were much too smart to consume their own stuff. Because it’s not healthy.

But they were happy to market it to other people, using advertising that creates an alternate reality (“Ooh, come eat our stuff and be groovy”). They thought their customers were saps.
Just like I always thought the SOB’s at the tobacco companies should all smoke.

I always took this commercial as a parody of the usual over-sappy R&B videos. Because the singer is in love. With chicken McNuggets.

Seems that McDonald’s denies these charges of racism

:smiley:

If it makes you feel better, there’s another one that features a very white-WASPY couple getting married with a cake made out of nuggets. They don’t show it, but I’m sure they live in the suburbs and own a yellow lab, as well.

:confused::confused: And all the clerks at the sex shop should use the 12 inch double headed dildoes?

Why does McDonalds hate George Bush? Did he choke on a McNugget or something?

When you’re smart, you don’t get high on your own supply.