Reese's Peanut Butter Cups question

Just in time for Halloween: do you consider Reese’s Peanut Butter cups a candy bar?

No. A candy bar requires rigidity as one would expect of a bar.

It’s a cup or some other form of candy.

DQed as a** bar** of candy for insufficient rigidity. Sorry.

While probably technically not, since it’s not bar shaped, I voted yes. If I’m going in to buy a candy bar I’ll just as likely buy a Reese cup as anything else more bar-shaped.

No. It is a candy, but not a candy bar.

In Canada it’s a chocolate bar. So yes.

This is correct.

Exactly. So far, the majority has it wrong on this one.

Technically no, but for all intents and purposes that matter yes, so yes.

No, and neither is a length of steel. They’re both halfway there.

No. It’s a candy cup, not a candy bar.

That was my daughter’s answer, verbatim.

There is this: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/the-list/os-top-5-selling-candy-bars-in-the-world-20140411-post.html which like dozens of others lists them at the #2 favorite candy bar.

How in the shit is “yes” leading this poll? No it’s not a candy bar. In what world is it a candy bar? It’s like I’m living in bizarro world or something. Seriously, I’m surprised that a majority of voters consider it a candy bar.

Yes, if I have a hankering for a candy bar, a Reeses cup is likely to satisfy it. So? So are a handful of Hershey’s kisses or M&Ms, and I don’t think anyone would claim that those are candy bars.

Reeses Fast Break is a candy bar. A normal Reeses is no more a candy bar than a chocolate truffle is. Insanity.

Tell me then, what is the distinction between candy and candy bar?

Presumably a candy bar is in the shape of a bar, but it seems to me there’s a lot of leeway in that.

Right, but if you claim Hersey Kisses and M&Ms are candy bars, than pretty much any form of candy can be called a candy bar. Which is ridiculous.

Speaking precisely it’s not a bar. But in context, like in a list off best-selling candy bars, it’s close enough.

If I have a hankering for a candy bar, more often than not I’ll satisfy it with a couple Resse’s Peanut Butter Cups (the rest or the time, I’ll probably be in the mood for a three Musketeers). That said, it’s not a ‘candy bar’. It’s not even a ‘candy cup’; it’s a ‘pair of candy cups’.