The legend of Zeldar

This isn’t really a pitting, I have no anger or bile on this topic but it is about a poster and so I’m putting it here.

Zeldar. Seriously my good man, what the fuck is your deal with lists and polls and orderly little spreadsheets about your top five favourite movies that take place in a horses ass? Every time you get involved in a topic it seems to be for the express purpose of making a little list, every time you start a thread its just asking for other people to make little lists, and then you take their little lists and make other little lists and oh god its anal as fuck.

Now, I admit I don’t like list threads anyway, because they tend to have fuck all discussion in them. Whats the point of a list, its sterile, why not just pick one of those movies and actually say something about it? But its clear from your posting history that you just loooove making polls and list threads, so whats the deal? Its one thing making a poll the odd time, but when you get to the point of actively whoring out for poll ideas you do have to wonder what direction life is taking you.

Anyways. Like I say I’m not worked up about this, just curious about why its so important to know how many lunchbox sandwiches people can name? Why is this all so comforting to you?

Oh, I’ve just remembered, no polls in the Pit so he probably doesn’t read in here. Well, I’ve typed it all out now.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that: no discussion, no debate, no sign of interest in the movies or actors themselves, just sterile, asinine spreadsheet after sterile, asinine spreadsheet; they’re almost as bad as the “type a word” threads in the Games Forum. Jesus, dude, go play Sudoku or something if you really need to fill something out.

Tiger. The tiger would win, I know it and I can prove it.

Seriously though, he’s spamming. There are 1 or 2 threads I’d like to start in Café right now but I expect they’d get buried so I’m not. I can’t be the only one.

Well, maybe Zeldar could start a bucket list thread to please you. :slight_smile:

No, MichaelEmouse, you aren’t the only one. These insufferable “Whose your favorite” threads have made me vow to never, ever read anything in Café Society ever again. I’ve had enough.

I’ll admit that I answered a couple of them (top five John Wayne movies), unitl I saw that it had gone from and one or two threads now and then to a monomanical takeover (I have not looked into Cafe Society this am).

I am not sure about all the rules for this board, but I presume the mods know about it and Will Take Steps if there is need.

And in solidarity with the above posters, I will not answer any more of them.

Let’s list the Top Five Most Annoying Zeldar Threads.

Extra points to the OP for the thread title.

There is an ATMB thread addressing the issue.

Let the record show that I rarely post in the pit but I have to +(whatever number we’re on) to what lies above.

Nothing more annoying than taking a good idea and running it into the ground.

I didn’t see that one. Still, fuck him anyway.

Besides, I’m more curious about why he likes them so much rather than if he is allowed to do it at all. What drives a man to put some much time and effort collecting random votes on a topic and presenting it in an orderly fashion like this:

Only six people had actually voted at that point, did the world really need to know any of this?

Since he’s over 25 threads on the first page of CS already, he’d probably need to have a few elimination rounds first.

Haven’t opened a single one of those threads, but was wondering why the Mods weren’t telling him to dial it back.

I suspected at first that he was trolling and then decided that he’s just over enthusiastic. The mods have stated in the ATMB thread that they’ve asked him to show a little bit of restraint.
I can’t really bitch about him because I’ve opened a few of the threads just to see how many movies were credited to each actor he chose.

Thank you. That’s annoying as hell and bumps down anything I might want to follow. Is this guy just bored or needing LOTS of attention?

There is such thing as too much of a mediocre thing

I usually ignore his posts anymore but there was one I was interested in - comedy duos - so I voted, and tried to discuss. But right away he was like “OK there are 50 votes time to lock this and go to the final round!” wtf? 50 votes on a board of thousands? This game isn’t fun.

I used to sort of appreciate what **Zeldar **was trying to do, just come up with interesting polls. But the way he’s been lately it’s boring and annoying.

He’s like a kid with a new toy, but he’s not a kid and the toy isn’t new.

When I saw “Which actors and directors do we need polls for?”, I wanted to scream, “None of them!”

Clearly, he needs to dial back the tidal wave of polls. But if this place were ever to appoint an official historian, my vote would be for him. Dude really likes to keep track of shit. Bet he’d be a good accountant, too.

I was also lured into posting on one of the threads when I visited CS and it was near the top. Only after posting did I come back to the page and see, that (Holy Fuck) over half the first page of threads were Zeldar list threads. Then I just felt dirty for having participated.

:o

Fuck, I could have sworn I posted to What topic do we need a new poll about? by saying, “Do we, though??” I guess I thought the better of it. :frowning:

I am aligned with the OP and also feel no anger or bile toward the guy, but…come on now. What is the point? The topics themselves aren’t stimulating to conversation and neither are the results. And no, the answer is not, “come up with better questions”! It’s “settle down for a second, and if someone spontaneously and organically thinks of a poll question, let them ask it as the need arises.”