Armed protesters stalk peaceful Muslims at Texas mosque: We want to show force

I thought about posting this in the stupid Republican idea thread, but I can’t say for a fact that these people are Republicans.

They want to show force. They want people to be afraid of them. Who are the terrorists again?

Yes, Wright does add the following:

but seriously, what’s the point of them carrying guns in this situation except to give the impression that they’re willing to shoot the specific individuals they’re protesting? These aren’t open carry “enthusiasts” protecting their claimed rights. This is a group openly arming themselves against specific individuals who are not threatening them in any way.

Such things are the natural consequence of the rhetoric more and more legitimized in certain quarters. “Hate the sin not the sinner” as Miller referenced, they hate only the religion not the members of it, a pretended distinction until the right level of legitimacy is built for a ‘direct action’

The Jews went through this in europe from the late 19e century through to the crescendo of the logic, and the correspondence in the discourse, its evolution is frightening to any person from the religious minority.

Reading this profile of the growth of the rhetoric, and also this article from the wise Mark Lynch made me sad about the penetration of dangerous discourses and the support this gives to the DAESH and similar goals.

Lot of bad karma in that part of Texas. 'Cause of the Cowboys. Tom Landry and his policy of human sacrifice to his Dark Lord.

The same reason anybody does: they might need to shoot somebody.

I have to wonder if these were the same sort of people who were up in arms about the idea of Muslim women wearing face coverings a while back?

When asked by the News why his group was armed, organizer David Wright said the weapons were “mostly for self protection,” but then added, “But I’m not going to lie. We do want to show force. We’re not sitting ducks.”

I, for one, am grateful for ignorant, moron rednecks. I feel so much safer while they protect me from their fears.

From story:
When asked by the News why his group was armed, organizer David Wright said the weapons were “mostly for self protection,” but then added, “But I’m not going to lie. We do want to show force. We’re not sitting ducks.”

I, for one, am grateful for ignorant, moron rednecks. I feel so much safer while they protect me from their fears.

nm
oops

It gives them a balanced view point, that regardless of what the “state” may say, they are alien and not welcome, and they exist only because the other side has more guns and laws.

Declan

Oh…

THOSE guys.

I would be shocked if none of these people were open carry enthusiasts.

These Texans are doing the work of ISIS for them. They are pretty much following ISIS orders direct from ISIS leadership.

When they do shit like this, ISIS cheers them. ISIS cannot buy this kind of excellent publicity. This shows peaceful Mulsims around the world that they cannot live in peace with assholes like these Texans, so therefore they should join up with extremists.

These armed Texan “protesters” are the best friends ISIS ever had.

Fight fire with…

It’s been done by Americans before, I think.

If only all acts of terrorism were like this!

What fire was being fought at the mosque?

True, but they’re closer to being terrorists than the peaceful members of that mosque.

Of course, but my point was that they’re not just that.

The only terrorist group whose message was “Don’t mess with us,” and nothing else really.

Oh Jesus, don’t tell me. They’re “loaded for BAIR.”

The article mentions that the group was carrying signs saying things like “Stop the Islamization of America.” I looked up “houses of worship” in Irving, Texas in the online yellow pages, just to see how many mosques and Islamic centers there were in this city that these locals felt so threatened. I was surprised at the variety there are in Irving; Hindu temples, a Christian Science reading room, a Jehovah’s Witness temple, Korean churches, an LDS family history center, a Greek Orthodox church, a Baha’i temple, a Pentecostal church and dozens of Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian and Evangelical churches (in addition to the oppressive number of Islamic centers). I think there’s even a Catholic church. Based on numbers alone, I’d think these guys would be more concerned about America being over-run by Baptist churches.

What a bunch of racist fucks! It just seems to be getting worse and worse.

The message seemed to be “Be afraid of us.”