13th Annual SDMB Early Super Bowl Pick Contest

That time of year again! The playoff teams are set, so it’s time for our annual contest – can you predict the Super Bowl a month before the game and join our list of champions?:

Year 1: Trillionaire
Year 2: Uncommon Sense
Year 3: Airman Doors, USAF
Year 4: Grits and Hard Toast
Year 5: Hal Briston (woohoo!)
Year 6: dalej42
Year 7: Justin_Bailey
Year 8: Hamlet
Year 9: Hal Briston (woohoo again!)
Year 10: enalzi
Year 11: Jahiegel
Year 12: borschevsky

It’s simple to play – just post your pick for the two Super Bowl teams, and the final score. Deadline for submissions will be 4:00pm Eastern on Saturday, January 9th (just before kickoff of the first playoff game).

As for my prediction…The Giants might have blown their “every four years” pattern, but I still have a chance to complete their prophecy. My winning prediction:
Panthers 24, Broncos 16

PLEASE NOTE: It’s not an absolute requirement, but it’s very helpful to me if you format your pick the same way I did above – “Winning team name and score, losing team name and score”, on its own line. No locations, just the name. Feel free to add any other commentary on a separate line. Thanks!

As always, just in case you don’t follow football but still wanna play along, just pick an AFC team, an NFC team, and a couple of numbers that sound vaguely football-scorish.

AFC Teams:
Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC Teams:
Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, Seattle Seahawks

Broncos 20, Cardinals 17

in overtime.

Based entirely on the rolling of random dice:

Texans 21, Cardinals 10

Cardinals 27, Chiefs 24

based on my heart rather than my head

Seahawks 31, Steelers 24

Denver 31, Seattle 28 (2OT)

ETA:

Broncos 31, Seahawks 28

Broncos 27 Cardinals 21

Panthers 31, Patriots 27

Cardinals 31 Chiefs 17

Chiefs 23, Seahawks 17

Steelers 21, Seahawks 10.

A straight repeat of 10 years ago.

Packers 28, Broncos 24

(I don’t follow football but I like to vote)

Cardinals 37, Chiefs 13

Patriots 28, Broncos 17

Panthers 32, Patriots 29

Like I said, I don’t follow football, but even I know there’s something wrong with this one…:slight_smile:

I hate to be indelicate, but you might want to pick again…

Patriots 33, Arizona 30

Suck it Manning. Also Pats win on a Last Second FG

Time to repeat! :smiley:

Cardinals 31 - Patriots 23

And IIRC there was some discussion last year that the tiebreaker should be changed, so that should maybe be decided before the playoffs start.

Panthers 43, Steelers 19