Better Call Saul 2.03 "Amarillo" 2/29/16

We know the firm has already used such tactics, in the ‘mesothelioma’ ad, so I don’t think it is a reputation thing. I think it is just a control issue, Cliff is angered because Jimmy did something without his approval.

In a real-life example of this (sort of), some years back a co-worker and I organized a monthly internal technical newsletter for the company we worked for. It was our own initiative, done in spare time. We had to send it to several managers for approval; we got an enthusiastic thumbs up from all except the most senior one, who said that the newsletter absolutely would not be released. We arranged a meeting to find out why he was so dead-set against it. At the meeting he told us straight out that the reason he rejected it was because his name was not first on the E-mail distribution list when we sent it out for approvals.

Telling someone their delusional doesn’t help. There is more to her issues than we know yet. Mike would have put her mind to rest by either telling her he was going to watch the place beforehand or by telling her afterwards she had nothing to fear. Instead he’s going to help her move.
Is legal trouble for solicitation really a thing? Why would Saul get in trouble for handing out forms on a bus, but not running a commercial?

Does anyone else think Nacho hired Mike as a guard to an interview with Gus?

Nacho told Mike he needed a guy to “go away”. Doesn’t sound like a bodyguard job.

Nacho said that he needed someone to “go away”, which sounds to me like he wants somebody murdered. Maybe Gus or maybe Tuco.

Gotta stroke them egos! That’s why buy-in at the ground level is so important.

So apparently the distinction between allowed and prohibited solicitation is real time communications? Letters are fine, but a phone call, instant message or face-to-face conversation are not.

Also, could Nacho want Gus to go away? Or could it be Captain Cook, aka Jesse Pinkman? Or Crazy 8? He was in the drug biz for a few before BB starts.

The control is a big part of it; no doubt about that. The ad itself is bad too and would never have gotten approved. The other ad was factual and straight forward. Jimmy’s gets the job done but is tacky.

But you’ve got to like that smooth coming down the stairs shot!

I thought so too, but it appears she never had any lines on Breaking Bad. The character is not credited on IMDb, and even the Breaking Bad wiki lists her only appearance in the last episode of season 3 (S03E13 “Full Measure”) and then doesn’t list her in the credits for it.

As best I can recall, her daughter is taken home, gets out of the car and walks to the house, and we only ever see Stacey open the door to let her in from far away while the camera is still watching from inside the car. (EDIT: Note that I could be totally imagining that scene. It was almost six years ago.)

That matches my memory. I think it’s on Netflix if anyone wants to check.

I just realized how they did that shot without a dolly.

Me too! :smiley:

Ha, took me a couple minutes after you guys mentioned it, but, yeah, I know too.

Haha I love the SDMB. I wouldn’t have realized that on my own, genius!

“I’m ready for my closeup, Mr. McGill.”

I’m just so utterly delighted that Michael McKean and Ed Begley Jr. are in the same room again. I’m waiting for my Easter egg.

Is this early enough before BB that Jesse is still in high school, maybe even sitting in class [not] learning chemistry from Mr. White?

Seeing as Aaron Paul is now 36, it may be tricky form him to play a high school student. Mind you, Michael J Fox was pushing 30 when he played Marty McFly, so who knows.

They made it pretty obvious by making a big deal about the (lack of) dolly, and then all but drew in the cartoon light bulb over Jimmy’s head when she comes down the stairs on that thing.

Best line was Jimmy to the film kid, “Does anyone like you?”