Can you still put your pants on standing up?

Well?

• Yes
  • I can in a pinch but I’d rather not
  • I was never able to put my pants on standing up
  • Nope
0 voters

Yes indeed! I absolutely flunk that test where you time how long it takes you to get up from the floor without hauling yourself up on a chair leg, so I feel much better about myself now. Thanks!

Not every pair every time and none with grace but mostly yes. I’m visualizing myself hopping around struggling with some clingy base layer long johns and sweatpants with tighter ankle elastic.

Yes I can

I can, but it’s not the best idea at my age. One fall can really fuck you up, so I prefer not to take chances.

Is leaning against the sink allowed?

I can, and I do. But my orthopedist would probably biff me if I told him. I also make sure that if I fall, it will be onto the bed or sofa. :sigh:

One or two legs at a time?

I actually had never contemplated not standing up. But at my age, I’m glad to hear there is an option.

I’m 70 and still do it without a problem. Hurrah!

Until last Christmas Eve, I would put my socks on standing up!

Yes! As long as putting them on my head counts.

X2. I am in the same boat.

It depends on my alcohol level. Putting them on in the morning is usually easier than taking them off at night.
I voted yes.

Standing on my right leg is not a problem for me. However, standing on my left leg is still a bit of an issue. The strength is coming back to the left side and before too long I should be able to put my pants on, standing up, with no difficulties.

That’s what I do. Another point of contact. It’s safer.

Socks are a different story. Not only do I need a chair, but there are one or two lower chairs that make the operation easier. It’s not here yet, but I can see the day coming where I’ll have trouble getting up from a chair low enough to get my socks on.

Likewise, except I’m 76. Perhaps not much longer, though: apparently the disc between my last lumbar and first sacral vertebrae has degenerated to the point that the channel for the primary leg nerves has collapsed. Still working on determining a way forward (if any).

I can put them on standing up. And since I have dexterity issues with a broken wrist (I have a temporary metal plate holding my wrist and arm in position), I have to pull them up already zipped and buttoned up. Just can’t manage the button with the bum wrist, but it helps that my pants are somewhat elastic at the waist. I admit it’s not the most elegant maneuver, but I’m still independent, damn it!

I’ve got Wartenberg syndrome in my left hand. Basically a pinched nerve that causes numbness and a loss of strength. It makes the ‘pinch grip’ a bit difficult. Discovered that with new pair of jeans that had not yet been broken in.

It’s supposed to be a simple surgery to fix it though… Working on that this summer some time. It’s annoying as all get out. Typing is even kinda weird.