Doper prom picture thread

Aw thanks, chowder! (It was coming up on 20 years ago, but I’ll take the compliment.) :slight_smile:

Fate stepped in and dropped my camera about halfway through prom night, breaking the camera and exposing the whole roll of film in the process. Sooooo… no photos exist to commemorate my embarassing mid-1990’s poodle bangs and ginormous glasses.

At least I had a nice prom dress (it’s a 1950’s vintage silk taffeta with a full circle skirt and peter pan collar), but that’s in my closet whenever I feel the need to relive the moment. :slight_smile:

Actually, now that I think of it, there might be a photo or two somewhere in the yearbook for the following year… but since I’d graduated by then, I don’t have a copy and will continue to pretend that there are absolutely no photos in existence.

Parent pic here, as I can’t seem to find the official one in its plastic “Wonderful Tonight” engraved picture frame. It’s not a full length shot, but I can assure you the dress had a front hem higher than the back by about two feet.

(And yes, that my babydaddy.)

While I don’t have any official “prom pics”, I have this pre-prom photo that I’ve posted a time or two before.
Yeah, I rocked.

Aww, I am so glad I started this thread – some of these pictures are beyond priceless. Hal, seriously, can you say OMG 80’s? I think I might have had a crush on you if you’d gone to my school. Or sold you pot. Whichever.

WhyNot – omg, girl, you are so skinny! I hope that boy took you to dinner, you needed a sammich!

“Were”, that should read. Ah, the beauty of youth and an eating disorder! :smiley:

1992? That’s a great pic and looks alot more modern than most of the others posted thus far.

So I’m guessing you’re around 38-40 now…aplogies if I’m overestimating.

I can’t for the life of me see that you’re going to be any different to the way you looked then, if anything maybe even better.

I’ll be 37 this month. There are some more recent pics of me floating around here somewhere, but I’m about a hundred pounds heavier now. :frowning: (It’s OK though I’m working on it now.)

Hey don’t worry about the weight girl just post the pics.

As we get older and our bits start to tilt down south we have to “comfort eat” to take away the pain of realising that to some we just are not as appealing as we once were.

As far as I’m concerned that pic you posted is you was then and is now

BTW: What’s that bunch of flowers doing on your arm?

and who said we English can’t smooth talk

Alright, I found 2 that are worth sharing. Actually my senior prom was really nice and we had a good time, I still like that dress :wink:
Me wearing my date’s hat
Not my date but a good friend
All of us at dinner (I’m in the back)
Granted it wasn’t that long ago. Enjoy!

It’s a corsage. Standard prom prop. The boy has to bring one to give to the girl. My Mom made him get one that he wouldn’t have to pin (as I had a strapless dress and she didn’t want him getting that close to the goods). The one’s you strapped on your wrist didn’t get as squooshed either.

I dug up my mom’s! :smiley:

That would have been c. 1965.

You two look so handsome and happy [smooches you both]!

I would totally wear those gloves this minute.

OMG, I love love love that dress!

Well we don’t go so big on the Prom business in the UK so forgive my ignorance.

You really shouldn’t have posted the pic of your mum, now I’m spoiled for choice;)

No prom here, but I have some pictures from my (currently defunct) wedding.

Dad walking me down the aisle (this is my favorite picture of us)

And a lovely artsy picof the happy couple.

Junior Prom, 1986. Obviously a parent photo. I don’t have most of my pictures from that era, but this was in an album of my grandfather’s that was given to me after he died.

I don’t have a prom picture scanned in yet (all of 'em are still hiding out in a box somewhere), but here’s a '92 Sweetheart dance photo. Sweetheart was the shindig right before prom, if I recall correctly.