Doper prom picture thread

Ooh, I love that green shawl around your arms! You look gorgeous, of course!

The first pic is just adorably, classically sexy!

My sister’s junior prom dress was similar to that. Not surprising, in 1966. Her hair was still up the next day, since it was too stiff to take down.

I’ll have to dig for mine.

Holy crap - I had that exact same dress. I will bring the picture to work and scan it tomorrow!!! Also, 1986 :slight_smile:

For those of you who can’t appreciate the FINE details, the skirt had alternating panels of lace and dotted swiss!

I had the same issue and my mother scoured the town to find me a lovely pair of (flat) gold sandals to wear with my peach-colored dress. I think they were just thrilled that I finally had a “boyfriend” at the advanced age of 17.

We drove to the prom in his great antique car with another couple. Both guys came out shortly after high school. I’m not sure what this means, and if you are, please don’t tell me.

Skip, are you sportin’ wood in that pic? Kinda looks like it.

Hon, you look fabulous! Don’t let the weight get you down

Woo, check us out! Aren’t we lovely?

Here I am. 1991. I was a middle-of-the-road fashion person, so it’s not very dramatic, but you’ll notice I have an 80’s perm despite the fact that I have naturally curly hair. No wall o’ bangs for me, though–curling irons and hairspray don’t like me.

I just spent a solid hour looking for a box that I know is labeled “FRAGILE - MASTER BEDROOM” and on top of it “SENTIMENTAL” (which means “Do Not Open Until Old”) - with no luck. Somewhere there’s a picture frame with “A NIGHT TO REMEMBER” on it (not intentionally a Titanic reference) and a champagne class with special confetti in it and a souvenir ticket. I’ve only lived in this house three years - where could it have gone? I wanted to show you guys how terrifyingly scrawny my arms used to be!

ETA - but I found my pearls! The ones my parents gave me for my twentieth birthday! The ones that I’ve been looking for… evidently since I packed that OTHER box labeled “FRAGILE - MASTER BEDROOM” which evidently meant two Beanie Babies, a box of checks (now wrongly addressed), and zero actually fragile items. Some sentimental ones, but it wasn’t labeled as such. But my pearls!

These are great! Here are mine:

Junior year (I’m the one in the middle)

Senior year (my mom cropped out my date…we don’t like that guy anymore)

'90 and '91. Fellow late 80’s/early 90’s graduates, let’s have a moment of silence for the cans of Aquanet that died by our hands.

I can’t find my prom pictures. I’ll share my favorite wedding picture instead.

Your friend on the left in the first photo, has all the brown hair in the world.

That is indeed some fabulous hair Susie had assembled there.

I have a couple of mine scanned … but where are they? I’ve got the most nerdalicous shot to share!

Here’s mine: Senior Prom, 1993. It’s a parent shot. I wouldn’t be caught dead in something that sequin-y nowadays. But it worked at the time!

It sure did!

Great outfit (love the matching shoes) and very classical style; the sequins are the only things that actually ‘date’ it.

I wonder if girls today ever get their shoes dyed to match their dress? I got mine from Payless both years; they had maybe 10 styles/heel heights to choose from at the time and a TON of colors you would choose from a book.

I don’t think they do - and they don’t wear pantyhose anymore either. That was half the fun in the 80’s - picking out cool pantyhose.

Nope. My daughter looked at me like I was nuts when I wondered about it out loud while we were trying to decide which shoes she would be wearing last year. Apparently, that’s another dated thing. I never had to dye shoes, my junior prom, I wore black, so I had plenty of shoes to go with it, and my senior prom, I lucked out in a big way.

I really need to scan my senior prom pics – the dress was made from some velvet drapes that a friend’s grandmother was throwing out and I managed to find a pair of shoes as well as a hat that matched the velvet perfectly.

I loved those dyeable shoes–they were so satiny and pretty! I do believe I wore a pair, undyed, on my wedding day. I wore black shoes to prom, and can’t remember whether they were the dyed kind ot not, but I bet they were. With sheer black pantyhose.

blush why thank you!