If you could be any fictional character who would you be?

John Carter of Virginia from the Barsoom series by ERB

I am a fictional character.

NoClueBoy, you beat me to it. Unlimited lifespan, married to “the most beautiful woman on two planets” and the respect of pretty much everyone. And, how shall we say, the luckiest guy alive. Burroughs loved those coincidences.

Luke Perry.

Lyra Belacqua from The Golden Compass, etc. Mostly, I just want to have a daemon…

Heather

Bond, James Bond.

Totally! How can it get any better? Action, women, adventure, exotic locations, exotic women, cool cars, cool gadgets…

2nd would probably be Harry Potter. Just because it would be fun.

God, Creator of the Universe. From there, the possibilities would be… well, endless.

If the character has to be human, then maybe Doc Savage. Except he’d finally get it on with his cousin Patricia, like he always wanted to.

Or maybe Jerry Cornelius, just for the mind-boggling amounts of sex.

I know this just proves that I’m a walking cliche, but it was the first answer that popped in my head, which means it’s my honest reply:

Han Solo

The Vampire Lestat. Though Baldwin Jerry Cornelius would also be a great choice, sex, imortality (or polymortality ?), and drugs.

Beren Erchamion. Going to meet your doom doesn’t sound so bad, when your doom involves being the first mortal to penetrate the Hidden Kingdom, winning the love of the most beautiful maiden to ever grace Creation, with her help wresting one of the three most precious of jewels from the embodiment of Evil himself, and surviving, and finally, when your lifespan is up, coming back to live a second lifetime of bliss with the afore-mentioned maiden.

Yeah, I think I could live with a doom like that.

But failing that, I’d have to go with either Charles Wallace Murry or Andrew Jackson Libby.

Lady Eowyn of Rohan

Elizabeth Bennett

Sandman’s Death

God

Hannibal Lector

Hey, the guy’s brilliant and a real gourmet cook…

Satan, definately Satan. though I’d probably prefer you “just call me Lucifer…cause I’m in need/of some restraint!”

The whole “wealth and taste” thing sounds pretty cool, and manipulation of world events is always fun. Plus, I get “Sympathy of the Devil”, while got just gets all those boring hymns. Yay Satan!

Wimpy from Popeye. All of these other picks have too much to do: saving the world, danger, excitement…Please! I want to sit on my ass eating hamburgers that I don’t have to pay for until next Tuesday or whenever.

Not Ford Prefect…the two-headed guy. Started with a Z. Little help, someone?

Zaphod Beeblebrox! My apologies for the brain fart.

///slight hijack//

A topic for another thread, perhaps. I never understood what exactly Major Nelson’s problem was concerning Jeannie. I mean, come on, what more could you want? And yet he kept bring those schleppy looking skanks home for dinner.

///end hijack///

Funny, this exact question came up this weekend in a game of Loaded Questions. (although it was limited to novels). One person there also said God.

My original choice was Scotty from any Star Trek novel. But I thought that was cheating a bit since it wasn’t one book in particular. So I switched it to Batman, specifically the one from The Dark Knight Returns.

But without the book restriction, I’ll go back to Scotty. Jolly and friendly, fiercely loyal, and a damn fine engineer.

Ramses, the mummy from Anne Rice’s uThe Mummy.

regeneration, could live off sunlight, eternal youth and health What more? What more?